ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

GE-X 5e Patch Released! @ 12-24-16
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 62, 63, 64  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SATURN_81
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Some problems that I found in the Challenge number 15, normally develops in the Archives level, but I have also tried in other levels and usually the same thing happens:

Body-Armor:
Sometimes I have difficulty picking up the armor, even when I have lost some life, I can not pick up the Body-Armor. I can only pick it up sometimes, but I could not tell when I get it.

Timed-Mines:
Sometimes it costs to attach a Timed-Mine to a sim, many times when you try to throw one to stick to the body usually bounce in order to stick to the body. I have not been able to verify if this happens when the Sims have collected a Body Armor, which makes me doubt if the problem is in the Timed-Mines by itself, or if the problem is with the Body Armor when it has to react with The Timed-Mines so that an object is stuck to the Body-Armor.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ah, perhaps the PD shield prevented thrown objects from sticking to characters. It sounds very likely. Hehe, something else to pester SubDrag with. Razz

No idea why the body armor in Challenge 15 would be having issues. I can check into it, but it doesn't sound like a very easy fix, if there is a problem. Is it a scenario where if you are holding a flag you can not pick up armour?

I may have missed updating the VR version of that area in Facility's bottling room. I will add it to my list.

One other thing to mention, in regards to Simulants. If you see them stuck some place, or acting up in an area, make a note of it, BUT see if it can happen again. I have seen plenty of Sims doing strange things in PD levels, but there usually isn't any consistency to it. Just random moments of stupidity. If it keeps happening in the same spot, it may be a real issue that can be tracked down. If it's only one time, than it could simply be a Simulant having a bad day.

AL64inthedark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

If I ever saw a sims beeing stuck like that I would not tell you. I call it 'balancing the game' because they aim too fast anyway :p

Yesterday I watched again the video "Half hour of Goldeneye XBLA" and it amused me that even in the remake they forgot to fix "that" white texture in facility ^^

SATURN_81
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck:
Yes, the armor can not collect just when I have the flag, I do not know if the Sims can not pick up the Body-Armor when they have the flag.

The Renegadist
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

AL64inthedark wrote:
Yesterday I watched again the video "Half hour of Goldeneye XBLA" and it amused me that even in the remake they forgot to fix "that" white texture in facility ^^

Really too bad the guy is hoarding the game, he could easily leak it for everyone to enjoy.

PaRaDoX

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Seem to be running into some problems, whenever I try to apply the xdelta patch I get : Unknown error patching, possibly input ROM CRC mismatch.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Maybe you have either a bad ROM dump, version 1.0, or it is byteswapped? It must be NTSC Perfect Dark v1.1.

I am back at home, and will be getting back to this stuff tomorrow or Wednesday. I'll be going over the last few pages to see what I need to be checking into. Pavarini also sent me an updated reload for the RC-P90, which should improve the insertion of the magazine. Hopefully I can finish up the remote mine detonator watch, and send it off to him to animate.

I wonder for the XBLA version of GE, if they actually changed any of the level background architecture, or simply replaced textures? I know characters, props and weapons got special treatment, but the backgrounds seemed to just look higher definition.

Edit: Quickly fixed the Magnum description and Seeker low definition model issues. Thanks for pointing them out, fellas!

PaRaDoX

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck wrote:
Maybe you have either a bad ROM dump, version 1.0, or it is byteswapped? It must be NTSC Perfect Dark v1.1.

That was the issue, I was using a different ROM by mistake, seems to be working now, problems getting it to run on 1964 but runs fine on PJ64.

pavarini
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I find it works best with this version of 1964 http://www.shootersforever.com/forums_message_boards/viewtopic.php?t=7045 The rom settings are auto configured for romhacks.

Last edited by pavarini on Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:33 pm; edited 3 times in total

PaRaDoX

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah that's the one I'm using, strange as perfect dark was running perfectly on it. Probably something to do with the ROM settings that I accidentally looked over.
Also loving the victory theme! Just tried out the Silo mission and well...damn I'm impressed.

AL64inthedark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah silo is so much fun with the small corridors full of gards. Love it with the blood splatters everywhere, guns that fly and they run after them etc...
Can't count how many times I played it since release of 5e.

TheMaskedMutant
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

the only issue i had from watching gameplay videos is that the cutscenes are a bit wonky

the ending to Egyptain with the camera not following Bond and showing Baron Samedi spawning was kinda a thing i didnt like

TonyCrazy
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks so much for the hard work.

Spend some time on single player. Silo and Fregate look really promising.
Multiplayer is addicting as always.

I wanted to see what was behind the new "Transfer Pak" feature but I cannot make it work for some reason (or it does not seem to do anything).

I have a working copy of DKC (European but according to rom sets such as No-Intro or Goodsets the Euro ver. is the same rom as the US ver.).
My transfer pak is in working order (I tried Mario Golf and Pokemon Stadium) and when I go in the Cheats menu in GE:X it does not show me the usual error message. It just does nothing...

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well, one issue is that, currently, all cheats are unlocked by default (for both fun and testing purposes). I think, if I remember correctly, when you insert the PD Gameboy Colour game into the transfer pak in PD, you aren't given any special messages. The four cheats are simply made available. Only if you put in the wrong game does a message pop up. So if no message appears for you, that seems like a good sign. Maybe try putting in another game, such as PD GBC (if you have it), and see if anything happens? Also maybe try testing normal PD, to make sure everything is operating right for you.

Camera scenes will need to be redone using the updated PD style at some point.

The Renegadist
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

@Pav
Going off topic here for a second, could you send me your Goldeneye Hard Mode ROM.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 62, 63, 64  Next
Page 17 of 64

Jump to: