ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Aztec level harder WITH Jaws or WITHOUT Jaws?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye 007
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Aztec level harder WITH Jaws or WITHOUT Jaws?
Harder WITH Jaws
75%
 75%  [ 6 ]
Harder WITHOUT Jaws
25%
 25%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 8

kwakkles
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 9:56 am    Post subject: Aztec level harder WITH Jaws or WITHOUT Jaws? Reply with quote Back to top

Is the Aztec level harder WITH Jaws or WITHOUT Jaws? Which strategy makes the level more difficult? It's a hard level in either case, but the question is which strategy makes this level harder? Your opinion is wanted, so please vote in the poll.

flopperr999
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

In my opinion, it's a no-brainer. With Jaws for sure.

GERage
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

^Agreed. The answer is painfully obvious.

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Do we start with the smart card or not? If not, really it wouldn't be any harder for me, it's pretty simple to kill Jaws without him shooting me once. The hardest part is getting past the guards to get to Jaws.

zoinkity

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Entice a guard to chuck a grenade, then kill them and collect it. That takes Jaws out really fast. I grab more than one though to deal with the hoards of laser-toting bananas.

flopperr999
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Dragonsbrethren wrote:
Do we start with the smart card or not?

Why would we start with the smart card? If we had the smart card, and Jaws was in the level, we would have no need to kill Jaws in the first place because we would already have his key.

speedruntrainer
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

lol @ this topic, this level is programmed WITHOUT beginning with a smart card. if you are a very skilled player like me, then, jaws is pretty cake lol, so I'm not voting. just make sure you get the BA first and close the bay first before you go to jaws. if you beated jaws, laser guards will be on your way.

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

flopperr999 wrote:
Dragonsbrethren wrote:
Do we start with the smart card or not?

Why would we start with the smart card? If we had the smart card, and Jaws was in the level, we would have no need to kill Jaws in the first place because we would already have his key.

Might want to reread my post, as I said Jaws is nothing compared to getting to him. If the smart card was still in the same place as Jaws is normally it would be just as hard because you'd still have to go through the hanger area.

flopperr999
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Whoops! Sorry DB, I just misread your post!

GERage
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Dragonsbrethren wrote:
Might want to reread my post, as I said Jaws is nothing compared to getting to him. If the smart card was still in the same place as Jaws is normally it would be just as hard because you'd still have to go through the hanger area.

I disagree. Leaving the smart card in the open is easier than having to kill Jaws for it.

Another reason why Jaws makes Aztec harder is if he hits you, you can't survive as many hits from the annoying laser guards. In the past, the laser guards have killed me a lot because of this.

To an experienced player, however, Jaws is a pushover.

twmccoy
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 7:40 pm    Post subject: aztec Reply with quote Back to top

You can totally avoid the infinite laser guards that appear after you kill jaws. The trick is to lure jaws all the way down the hallway to the mainframe leading to the room with the disk drive. Kill him there, open the glass door and upload the guidance data. Run back to the main area, go up the ladder and open the exhaust bay. Then run down and upload the launch protocol data. If you do this quickly you won't see a laser guard until nearly the end of the countdown.

And yes, the level is harder with jaws. If you get sloppy at all he'll drill you. He also takes a lot of hits to die.

kwakkles
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I got into quite the lengthy argument with one of the elite in May 2008 over which method is more difficult.

The lesson I learned from the argument: The elite GE players are hard-headed and arrogant.

He said that the method without jaw is the most difficult; I said that the method with jaws is the most difficult.

The GE elite side with their fellow GE elite, and I was having three elite players tell me off simultaneously. Since I'm not an elite, the elite view it as that I don't know as much as they do about Goldeneye 007 and therefore my thoughts are worthless. However, if the turnout of this board is any indication of what the non-elite GE players think, then that the majority of non-elite players side with my argument.

DaronMalakianXVII
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hahaha, I know exactly what you mean. Honestly, some people really like to think that it takes some sort of knowledge only found in their mind to understand such simple concepts of a game.

I just came to the conclusion that everyone who is in some sort of forum like that, are more than likely pure D-Bags.

Johnny Thunder
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

With or without Jaws? Hugo Drax for the Aztec Level!

con o sin Jaws? Hugo Drax para el Nivel Azteca!

Visit my youtube channel:
Johnny Thunder: The Revenger

Visit My discord:
Afterwards Studios

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye 007 All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: