ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

1964 60FPS bundle for GoldenEye/Perfect Dark (2022/01/19)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 51, 52, 53  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Online And Emulation
View previous topic :: View next topic  
deuxsonic
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Carnivorous wrote:
Does it happen when you use Jabo? And I made a version of the plugin which removes the activation feature. If 1964 window is focused it will automatically turn on, and when you unfocus the window it will let go of the mouse. Tell me if this helps https://files.catbox.moe/nzpgph.zip I don't know which bar you mean, sorry.

It did happen with Jabo as well. Using that replacement DLL seems to have solved the problem. I'll keep playing with it to make sure it's truly fixed but this is nice. Perhaps add an option to the injector config screen to force it to work like this?

Also, do you have a full save for Perfect Dark?

http://imgur.com/hA3CiMk This is the bar I'm talking about. With GLideN64 it always displays no matter what.

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Try this version of 1964. Pressing TAB will hide the status bar, please try it. I included the 100% save. If you don't have anything stored on the controller pak for PD it should be safe to replace the file, but just make a backup of the save folder just in case.

deuxsonic
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Carnivorous wrote:
Try this version of 1964. Pressing TAB will hide the status bar, please try it. I included the 100% save. If you don't have anything stored on the controller pak for PD it should be safe to replace the file, but just make a backup of the save folder just in case.

Nice job, that works well.

I replaced the controller save file but it acts like a brand new save just like the previous copy of the file (and the EEPROM file). Am I forgetting to do something?

Last edited by deuxsonic on Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:31 pm; edited 1 time in total

madmax386
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

wow thanks so much for this build, i have been using Stolens old build for so long now but i finally decided to check out your build and wow its realy well done! good stuff.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Carnivorous

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
Nice job, that works nicely.
Thank you for testing. I will add a autolock feature to the mouse injector ASAP.
Quote:
I replaced the controller save file but it acts like a brand new save just like the previous copy of the file (and the EEPROM file). Am I forgetting to do something?
Hmm I don't know why it would happen. The Dark profile is unlocked by default. It is listed under controller pak 1. If it doesn't work just restore to your backup.

deuxsonic
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Alright I see now, I was looking at the Goldeneye weapons cheats and none of them are unlocked but it looks like everything else is unlocked. Mostly unlocked then?

madmax386
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Only one small problem, the mouse injector plugin wont pick up the buttons on my Logitech g600 that i have bound to keyboard inputs.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Carnivorous

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
Alright I see now, I was looking at the Goldeneye weapons cheats and none of them are unlocked but it looks like everything else is unlocked. Mostly unlocked then?
Yes I just noticed they are indeed locked. Thanks for the note, I've updated the PD save to have everything unlocked [save is in eep file]. Please try the latest version in the first post and check if the mouse toggle issues have been solved [remember to set autolock on in the settings panel first]
Quote:
Only one small problem, the mouse injector plugin wont pick up the buttons on my Logitech g600 that i have bound to keyboard inputs.
I don't have a g600 so I'm not sure why it isn't detected. I can only speculate that the g600 extra buttons are not part of the virtualkey standard set so detecting them isn't possible unless I fallback on DInput. I have a g400s and it works fine for the two extra buttons, but that is because they have been defined as VK_XBUTTON1\VK_XBUTTON2. I don't use DInput because it will not allow multiple mice\keyboards

deuxsonic
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Very nice, everything seems to work. Having the mouse injector always work and being able to hide the bar at the bottom are great.

The only other thing I can think of right now is that the GoldenEye save is technically not 100% as some missions haven't been completed on all 3 skill levels (Aztec for example.)

EDIT: Re-enabled frame buffer as CameraSpy is not usable with it turned off. I'm now trying to figure out if I can configure it to be as fast as possible to allow certain things to work with a minimal performance hit even if they're not perfect. I know what GLideN64 recommends, but do you know what settings would be fastest in this specific circumstance since this is kind of tailored around a single game? Here are what I'm testing at the moment:

http://imgur.com/8xlRDMd

I tried disabling copying the video card frame buffer to N64 memory but it just creates weird colors in the game, so I set it back to Asynchronous. Reading the color buffer in 4 KB chunks is the one I'm focused on at the moment, trying to see if on or off is faster. It says the color buffer is usually read entirely and that this option enabled would be slower but since I'm tailoring these settings to a single game...

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Great to know the update works. It's very strange why 1964 would show the status bar. It should be hiding it automatically.
Quote:
I know what GLideN64 recommends, but do you know what settings would be fastest in this specific circumstance since this is kind of tailored around a single game?
This would be the fastest settings for GLideN64 http://i.imgur.com/3nHvSzq.jpg I haven't explored the frame buffer settings so I don't know what they do. The downside, every feature you turn off will have some strange affect elsewhere so you will need to trial and error the settings. Please post when you have found a nice medium between accuracy and performance

deuxsonic
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The settings I shared with you in the last image work pretty well. I just ended up re-enabling reading the color buffer in 4 KB chunks as I don't see much of a difference either way in performance. Frame buffer emulation does have to be enabled in some capacity for certain visuals like the CameraSpy to not just be a black screen.

Smoke in either game causes a bigger slowdown than anything else. The N64 has a similar issue although the framerate dip might not be as severe. Shoot the rocket launcher at a bunch of explosives like blowing up the arms cache in Depot and the framerate will be in the single digits if you're fairly close to it (or in the cloud.) The only mitigation is to quickly look away if you have some distance so the smoke isn't rendered.

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

deuxsonic wrote:
The only other thing I can think of right now is that the GoldenEye save is technically not 100% as some missions haven't been completed on all 3 skill levels (Aztec for example.)
I have updated GE too. Thank you.

deuxsonic
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It might just be my system, but the static effect on Bond's watch is broken and just displays black when the effect plays. Is that a frame buffer effect possibly?

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Turn on noise under emulation. It's very expensive so I leave it off.

deuxsonic
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I see. I'll ignore it then.

Rare must have tied certain things directly to framerate possibly assuming that it would never exceed 30? I can't think of any N64 games that ran faster than that. Automatic weapons are where you really notice it, particularly if it's an enemy, such as automatic turrets that are far deadlier than I remember as they can kill you almost instantly even with full health. It is less noticable with the human enemies because they tend to fire in bursts. It's really noticeable in the player weapons with the P90, AR-15, and watch laser. Something amusing is going around destroying boxes with the watch laser now because it's so fast that the boxes are destroyed the moment they're hit. Most missions I can play fine but like with Runway those automatic guns just annihilate me.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Online And Emulation All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 51, 52, 53  Next
Page 9 of 53

Jump to: