ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Noob questions Everdrive, Goldeneye X, Multiplayer maps

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye 007
View previous topic :: View next topic  
OddJob44
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 4:27 pm    Post subject: Noob questions Everdrive, Goldeneye X, Multiplayer maps Reply with quote Back to top

Hey guys!

There is so much info on this site I'm a little overwhelmed. Would you guys

be able to help me with a few questions? I'm a bit new to the Goldeneye

Vault but not Goldeneye 64. I'm interested in getting a Everdrive and playing

custom Multiplayer levels on my N64. I've noticed there are a few different

Everdrivers out there. Which one should I get? I'll only be using it to play

Goldeneye hacks. Second question, how hard is it to get the mods/hacks

onto the Everdrive so I can play it on my N64? I've played around a little bit

with Emulators. Is this much more difficult? Any advice and suggestions

would be awesome. Thanks!

-R

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well, for my ED64 anyway, you just stick the SD Card that comes with the device into your computer, and copy + paste whichever ROMs you intend to play onto it. It's really quite quick and simple, once you know what to do. I am sure there must be some guides or tutorials online. YouTube would be a great place to check.

The version? I suppose newest = best. Newer ones feature GameShark code support, which is nice. I've had mine for a few years now, and it works great. Thanks again, SubDrag! Smile

As for the mods, such as GoldenEye X, you just need to download the patch, apply it to your Perfect Dark v1.1 ROM, and copy the newly generated ROM onto your EverDrive . Most GoldenEye and Perfect Dark mods should run on console just fine. There could be some older random releases that don't, but we try to fix that whenever it does happen (which is rare).

AL64inthedark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It's very easy and easier to play mods this way than on emulator (you have to manual enter settings on them).
Playing on everdrive, you just have to load the rom and play.
There's no way you'll regret this.

I would go for later release. I think one of the most important stuff added was that for 2.0 or before (can't remember) you had to press reset to save.
That could be an annoyance if your button stops to work. I had to clean mine on 2 N64 for it to work again.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ah, the not having to hit reset to save your game before turning it off would be nice. It's almost common practice for me now, though. I think newer ones also load ROMs slightly faster, but I never found it bad to begin with.

Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 6:58 am    Post subject: Re: Noob questions Everdrive, Goldeneye X, Multiplayer maps Reply with quote Back to top

OddJob44 wrote:
Hey guys!

There is so much info on this site I'm a little overwhelmed. Would you guys

be able to help me with a few questions? I'm a bit new to the Goldeneye

Vault but not Goldeneye 64. I'm interested in getting a Everdrive and playing

custom Multiplayer levels on my N64. I've noticed there are a few different

Everdrivers out there. Which one should I get? I'll only be using it to play

Goldeneye hacks. Second question, how hard is it to get the mods/hacks

onto the Everdrive so I can play it on my N64? I've played around a little bit

with Emulators. Is this much more difficult? Any advice and suggestions

would be awesome. Thanks!

-R

For information abut the Everdrive 64, see:

http://micro-64.com/features/everdrive64.shtml

http://krikzz.com/forum/index.php?board=4.0

Basically, an Everdrive 64 allows you to play all N64 games, most game hacks (apart from many Super Mario 64 hacks and Zelda hacks, since they refuse to run on a real N64), plus the 64DD (a disc drive (sort of) that was only released in Japan) and Aleck 64 (arcade machines) games.

You just put the games/rom hacks on the SD card, and they run from there. The Everdrive 64 is very easy to use, being fully menu driven.

You can either buy a v2.5 or v.3 Everdrive 64 (v1 and v2 are no longer being made). The v2.5 needs you to press RESET after every game, or you lose the game save, whereas the v3 doesn't need this. Also, the v3 has a real-time clock (used by one Japanese game), and works fine with Pokemon Stadium 2 (Pokemon Stadium 2 has minor graphical corruption on the v2.5). Also, the v3 has a USB port for programmers to use, which is of no use if you're just going to be playing games.

Those are the only differences, and to me, the v.25 is fine.

http://krikzz.com/store/

http://krikzz.com/store/content/6-dealers

OddJob44
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hey guys, Thanks for your help. I'm going to read through the info you provided and try to buy a everdrive this week. I'll let you know how it turns out! Thanks!

AL64inthedark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Don't feel guilty if you're too busy playing every second you can because that's what happened to me Smile

Johnny Thunder
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ahhh ... I always want to have the '' Everdrive 64 '' in my life, and I think I'll never have it, because my Nintendo 64 console broke down

Visit my youtube channel:
Johnny Thunder: The Revenger

Visit My discord:
Afterwards Studios

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye 007 All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: