ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

GoldenEye Setup Editor V3 and 8 Meg GoldenEye Release!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AL64inthedark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Just upgraded to V3....It is stunning.
It looks so professional, be it for the skins or the way the loadings are handled, they feel so much smoother.
Very² very² good job !

I have already a complain thought Smile
The imba advanced setting on "replace texture", where you can adjust render and combine modes. It is really nice of you to have put a little help that comes on screen for a quick reminder of what all those complicated things do, but it goes away after some time. I don't think that's necessary considering what it talks about (complicated things lol).

Goodbye real life. How am I supposed to go away from the keyboard with this installed on my computer ? (I couldn't for the whole week-end).

Trevor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Not entirely sure what the complaint is?
imba?

Advanced tools as you so noted are Advanced. They are not recomended for anyone who doesnt at least have an idea of what they want to achive.

They have been kept to original names with tooltip descriptors so that you can use an application on the N64 called CCBL (Colour Combiner and BLender tester)
So, what it allows is specifying whether or not to use the Z-Buffer, whether or not to use a different source for colour (eg, Vertex colours are used for "normals" and so to colour an object you use Primitive)

I cant actually remember if I created a small tutorial but I can do.

I certianly made some screenshots for something

Ah yes, it was for alpha and z buffer.

Others were more general

I could write a small doc if anyone is interested.

Trev

AL64inthedark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The word "complain" was used in a funny way, please don't take it in a another way. ^^ I just would have appreciate if the hint would have been display for as long as your mouse pointer stayed in place, considering it require lots of thinking.

For "imba" is a word that was used when I played an MMORPG (Age of Conan), which meant "greatness, awesomness", something like that Wink

Wow, the links you gave is exactly the information I was looking for. Right now I'm creating nature things, like flowers and trees, so those advanced options notes are more than handy to make things display right.
Haha, now I'm just "copy-pasting" the settings you talk about in it.

Please note that this is just an actual test of the engine etc...It didn't worked last time I've try. Black screen when trying to load the room ^^
I'm gonna try with just one flower to see if there's a problem other that "doing way too much" lol

EDIT :
µ
Well the room loads with a single flower at least.

Thank you very much for the tutorial, very interesting. I couldn't ask for more ^^
The 3rd mode of displaying transparent seems to be the most appropriate for intersecting transparents textures like trees/bushes...Works like a charm. Didn't had to try anything else for now.

Now I have to do those textures again because I've blended them with the black background.
-> Back to work (and hard ^^).

Trevor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ah yes, you want to blend the textures with green and set the alpha channel on a green shade. Wink

You do NOT have to have alpha on black, and so in PGv3 there is a tool in the texture import dialoge to edit the pallet to assign which colour has the alpha.
Im not sure if Sub auto-imports the alpha onto the correct colour like it does with black, but you can experiment with that. Smile

Trev

P.S. Glad you found the Tech doc helpfull, it wasnt written as a tutorial, but as a guide for adding the features to V3.
Is there interest in a further tutorial, and if so, on what?

Im loving the flowers, they look great in PD.

Johnny Thunder
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Trev wrote
Quote:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:46 am Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top
Haha, I wounder how long before all Rare games are supported. I made a quick list and theres already a huge amount of support.

Editor Support:
GoldenEye 007
Perfect Dark
Jet Force Gemini
Diddy Kong Racing
Mickey's Speedway USA

Banjos Backpack (Previously "Bottles Glasses" then "Mumbo's Wand"):
Banjo-Kazooie
Banjo-Tooie

Unsuported by Editors
Killer Instinct Gold (Sprite based game probably requiring seperate editor which is unlikly. Persides, wouldn't the only requirement be to edit textures)
Blast Corps
Donkey Kong 64 (Planned future BB Support)
Conker's Bad Fur Day

Im not entirly sure how many more editors there are.
I know of F-Zero Execution which is a track editor like the DD Expansion but not much more (no model edit, no texture edit, no sound edit)

Theres Toads Tool which makes bad ROMS

Then theres Utility of time for Zelda.

Id love to see a Rogue Squadron/Battle for Naboo editor, basically just so the microcode was hacked and portable to other platforms since the microcode was very efficiant and full-featured.

Has anyone checked out the Advanced Triangle Display List editor in v3?
Right click any triangle (or group of selected triangles) in Room Positions mode and click "Replace Texture/Group". You should see a familure dialoge with an extra advanced button, click that to view the full glory.

Its probably going to be mind boggeling at first but it really is straight forward once you understand it.
It should allow for many performance tweeks and special effects.

What happend with Army Men Sarge`s Heroes?

Any editor for this game???

Visit my youtube channel:
Johnny Thunder: The Revenger

Visit My discord:
Afterwards Studios

JohnnyM17
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 2:50 pm    Post subject: Help Reply with quote Back to top

Hey can someone help me on if it is possible to play Goldeneye on my iMac with mouse and keyboard? If it is possible to use my mouse to aim and look around instead of the keyboard keys can you please tell me what to download and how to set the game up so i can play
Thank you

pavarini
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:04 am    Post subject: Re: Help Reply with quote Back to top

JohnnyM17 wrote:
Hey can someone help me on if it is possible to play Goldeneye on my iMac with mouse and keyboard? If it is possible to use my mouse to aim and look around instead of the keyboard keys can you please tell me what to download and how to set the game up so i can play
Thank you

Use wine for 1964.

JohnnyM17
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:21 am    Post subject: Help Reply with quote Back to top

Thank you

pavarini
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:58 am    Post subject: Re: Help Reply with quote Back to top

JohnnyM17 wrote:
Thank you

Please look up on how to use Wine for OSX. It will work for 1964.

CrashOveride
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The editor crashes when editing the PD shotgun in visual editor. This occurs on a stock rom as well.

loofadawg
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 5:24 am    Post subject: Consistency Reply with quote Back to top

I am writing up some documentation for the editor and was wondering if it would be possible to rename some interface text so that it is consistent.

Currently this is the one I am looking at the Object ID / Type.

This is a document I am starting to work on:

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

What do you recommend changing to what? It's shorter in some places like visual status bar to give more room. Offhand I'd change object id to object type in object editor. Anything else?

loofadawg
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Object Type sounds good. If I spot anything while I work through my documentation I will let you know. Thank you sir.

Is it normal? The following bitflags do not change when you tick/untick
Tinted Door
Doors Move Past Frame
Door Flipped

Lazlo52
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

loofadawg wrote:
Is it normal? The following bitflags do not change when you tick/untick
Tinted Door
Doors Move Past Frame
Door Flipped

I'm pretty sure that's because Doors have a third set of bitflags other objects don't have. I knew about this before, so l think the editor used to show the third set for Doors?

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Another thing I believe is absent, are the tint values for doors with glass. You can toggle the tint option on, but maybe there is a default set of values the Editor applies.

Yeah, a few of the extra door options don't go in the regular two groups of bitflags, but further into the object block by the operating data (sound, open style, etc).

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: