ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

1964 60FPS bundle for GoldenEye/Perfect Dark (2022/01/19)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 51, 52, 53  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Online And Emulation
View previous topic :: View next topic  
deuxsonic
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm kind of torn over which I like better. Since Windows itself uses mouse acceleration you kind of get used to it because of that and then some games like Half-Life and Wolfenstein 2009 force you to use it so you get used to it anyway. The positive to it is in aiming as you can move the screen further when needed or move it a tiny bit to line up a shot where if this is linear it might be more predictable how far it will move but then you want it sensitive enough that you can turn to face enemies fast enough but not so sensitive that aiming is difficult just shooting from the hip.

Something I thought of before the last time you were adding to the mouse injector is the text area in the lower right. I realize it has some important information but perhaps it could get a separate window that opens from a button or the tabbed design that the other plug-ins use, or early in the readme? I know people are horrible about reading readme files before they start messing with stuff. Since it mentions stuff not pertaining to mouse injection (the minority that want to use this package with a controller instead) I don't know if it's critical that it be on the screen with the settings.

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks I will attempt to add mouse accel option to plugin
~~
The reason that info is there is a carry over from the original bundle - it seems more fitting now. Many people ignore the readme and complain joysticks are not detected - I leave the info there to remind people to check readme and change to n-rage as plugin only supports mice and keyboards. I even make the help button to remind people to read the guide as it contains much helpful information. If I move info to a popup window or tab people will not understand that the plugin only supports mice and keyboards

I look at many of the comments on graslu's tutorial video and most issues are solves in readme or faq - but this could be just survival bias where those who didn't read info are the ones who ask and everybody else has their questions answered and don't feel the need to comment. You can't please everybody and there will always be users who ignore vital info - I think the reminder on the interface has helped some users who didn't bother to check guide at first and instead of asking for help first they can see if the readme has a solution to their problem. I know of at least 2 cases where someone said their problem was answered in readme - maybe this was because of reminder on interface [?]

deuxsonic
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

What about a center-aligned window that opens the first time the injector plug-in configuration is opened that has this information so they definitely will see it, but then it doesn't have to continue to take up space for those who know how it works?

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It would likely be ignored and closed - I prefer passive reminder compared to annoying popup
~~
update has new mouse accel option. interface real estate has been maxed out

Graslu
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Some of my viewers and I get "saving/loading mouseinjector" fails making us lose the configuration, this started happening after you moved from saving to the registry to the .ini file. What could be the cause of this and fix?

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Graslu00
Discord: https://discord.gg/tksttVC

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

MI never saved to the registry - 1964 did but now it saves to 1964.cfg with a bunch of registry function wrappers. Nothing about the ini loading functions were touched when I changed 1964 to use cfg so I am quite puzzled as to why this is occuring. Does this happen after you downloaded a new update? I can think of is the recent update of when I added mouse accel. I have a very strict file io filter - if the file isn't the correct length or there is an illegal value the loading will fail and regenerate from default - this means if there are no mouse accel values detected in mouseinjector.ini it will reset

If this happens on your first launch - something is blocking file read\write [virus scanner?]. I would try running as admin & whitelist 1964.exe
~~
I rewrote the filepath code. Before it assumes ini file is located in plugin folder - this would cause loading to fail if your plugin folder was renamed or located somewhere other than the 1964 directory. Now it subtracts dll filename from full filepath to get location of mouseinjector.ini. This means the location of ini file is always loaded in the same directory as the plugin [the same method is used in gliden64 - GetModuleFileName]. Try the latest update, I hope this resolved the ini issues

Graslu
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'll try the latest update, it happens randomly and it was also before the mouse acceleration update, as I haven't tried that one yet. I'll update you about it tomorrow after I've played around it for a bit.

My anti-virus doesn't block anything, but I'll try running as administrator which is what I told the people that asked me about this issue.

mud0ra
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hi there. I don't know if this was discussed already but seems like the japanese version of Perfect Dark doesn't work with the keyboard/mouse patch. Any idea what is causing this issue?.

Thank you!.

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hi mud0ra. Unfortunately the Japanese and PAL versions are not supported - they have different memory regions which are incompatible with the mouse injector

Graslu
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The emulator seems to be working now and after a while of going in and out of the input menu after various restarts, it didn't give me the error even without admin rights so I guess that's fixed.

Now someone else is having another issue though, it shows "Unidentifield input device" when they go to input settings and can't use it. They're using a laptop keyboard and wireless mouse. Seems like they tried admin rights already.

EDIT: Adding a player 2 to manually set the devices or to click "detect input devices" doesn't work either.

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for testing and confirming the bug fix
~~
Yes I saw that person - iirc manymouse detects input via windows raw input api. On poll it searches for raw packet headers that are RIM_TYPEMOUSE or RIM_TYPEKEYBOARD [everything else is ignored]. This method is supported from XP to 10 [WINE too]. I̶ ̶a̶m̶ ̶g̶o̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶w̶i̶l̶d̶l̶y̶ ̶s̶p̶e̶c̶u̶l̶a̶t̶e̶ ̶b̶u̶t̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶c̶o̶u̶l̶d̶ ̶b̶e̶ ̶c̶a̶u̶s̶e̶d̶ ̶f̶r̶o̶m̶ ̶d̶r̶i̶v̶e̶r̶s̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶g̶a̶m̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶m̶i̶c̶e̶ ̶-̶ ̶m̶a̶y̶b̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶r̶a̶w̶ ̶i̶n̶p̶u̶t̶ ̶p̶a̶c̶k̶e̶t̶ ̶h̶a̶v̶e̶ ̶a̶ ̶d̶i̶f̶f̶e̶r̶e̶n̶t̶ ̶h̶e̶a̶d̶e̶r̶ ̶w̶h̶i̶c̶h̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶n̶o̶t̶ ̶r̶e̶c̶o̶g̶n̶i̶z̶e̶d̶ I have no idea why this would happen

I reread the comment and he said he tried the old mouse injector [it uses cursor coordinates as input]. It's very strange why the keyboard is not working as well. I've never come across this before so I am unable to help him sorry Sad

Last edited by Carnivorous on Sun Feb 26, 2017 6:54 pm; edited 2 times in total

Graslu
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ah that's too bad Sad

I'll tell him about this, but it's still weird it doesn't detect his keyboard either.

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I increased overclock range to 18 times - I have not tested thoroughly so it might be unstable. PD benefits the most from 18 overclock with few slowdowns

Graslu
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Played several times since you made that update and I can say it works great on my side.
Also I recently livestreamed some GE and GEX multiplayer with your build, and the experience was awesome while using two keyboards and mice on the same PC. Awesome feature, can't wait until I can try with four people at the same time.

deuxsonic
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Carnivorous wrote:
I increased overclock range to 18 times - I have not tested thoroughly so it might be unstable. PD benefits the most from 18 overclock with few slowdowns

Does this affect how the plug-ins work as well? I'm curious how far-reaching the effects of the overclock are. 18 times is a HUGE amount beyond 9 times.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Online And Emulation All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 51, 52, 53  Next
Page 24 of 53

Jump to: