ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

GE-X 5e Patch Released! @ 12-24-16
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 62, 63, 64  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Renegadist
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm glad you're addressing the accuracy issue, that's really the only problem I have with the AI right now that I can think of.

Is it possible to add the old scientist surrender pose back in or use both the PD one and the GE one at random?

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I wasn't aware that the surrender pose was different. Maybe I just haven't paid much attention to it. I can check and see. Should be easy enough to replace with the original GoldenEye version, I think.

Been running tests and making notes in GoldenEye regarding character statistics. I should be able to move onto GE-X trials soon. There are still some unknowns in Perfect Dark regarding mission characters, since Rare added more details to their setup block. Don't be surprised if each mission is tweaked again and again as we learn more. I'll report the results when I have something to share.

Trevor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The GE Surrender is bend legs and shaking, while PD is simply hands up.

PD allows guards to surrender if you disarm them so not having then shaking made more sense.

Trev

The Renegadist
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I say we keep both for the respevtive NPC's.

Johnny Thunder
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Is it possible to have rain in the preview of the "Dam" level? Same as the GoldenEye remake of Wii

Visit my youtube channel:
Johnny Thunder: The Revenger

Visit My discord:
Afterwards Studios

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I have zero interest in it raining in the Dam. It was a nice day in the film, and not a rainy night like in the Wii remake / Reloaded versions. I'm still not totally sure if the rain should stay in Jungle, as it currently is. We're still trying to remain true to the original game, which was a pretty good representation of the movie.

Johnny Thunder
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well, it was just a suggestion, as your project level '' Complex '' and this mod

Visit My discord:
Afterwards Studios

TheMaskedMutant
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

[quote="Wreck"]I have zero interest in it raining in the Dam. It was a nice day in the film, and not a rainy night like in the Wii remake / Reloaded versions. I'm still not totally sure if the rain should stay in Jungle, as it currently is. We're still trying to remain true to the original game, which was a pretty good representation of the movie.[/quote]

how about snow? the runway level has snow and its part of the dam? so i dont know its up to you

personally i dont mind the rain look for jungle

Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

TheMaskedMutant wrote:
Wreck wrote:
I have zero interest in it raining in the Dam. It was a nice day in the film, and not a rainy night like in the Wii remake / Reloaded versions. I'm still not totally sure if the rain should stay in Jungle, as it currently is. We're still trying to remain true to the original game, which was a pretty good representation of the movie.

how about snow? the runway level has snow and its part of the dam? so i dont know its up to you

personally i dont mind the rain look for jungle

I'd say keep the rain in the jungle, but no weather in the damn. Snow in the runway would be good, as it would show that time has passed since the time at the damn. Snow on Surface at night would make for a very atmospheric time too.

Trevor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Dam
Movie = Clear

GEX should follow GE (blue sky, not grey) and movie and keep as clear day.

Runway
Movie = Clear (but had snowed, and snow is flung up by plane)

GEX should use snow (as current build) since it adds effect, also movie didn't have cliff sides so its not absolute representation.
GE also has sky darker implying lower visibility.

Surface2
Movie = Snowy night

GEX should follow GE and movie and keep night Plus snow (only difference between GE and Movie is that GE was red, movie was blue)

Jungle
Movie = Clear
GE = Heavy Fog
Most Jungles are Hot Humid and usually wet.

GEX should keep GE lack of visibility and humidity and use the expected cause - rain.

These are my thoughts and they happen to match the current build.
There are other elements yet to be seen in GEX, but Ill not reveal them yet until they are released.

Trev

AL64inthedark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah I totally want the rain to stay in Jungle. Plus it adds some nice rain sound. Who doesn't love the sound of rain, especially when you're on your sofa in a comfortable way. Smile

TheMaskedMutant
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

i love the red sky in surface 2 it makes it truly terrifying

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I don't plan on changing the sky / cloud colours for missions. I did for Bunker i, because the original game did not have a sky made for it. Like Silo, it used the default blue sky (when the level ID is not in the list). But considering it takes place directly after Surface i, it should probably match up. It's also nicer looking up through the vent shaft and seeing a real sky with clouds moving over head.

I did change Archives to be more like Streets, but it needs some further testing. I may end up reverting it back to the original. The timing between Statue - Train is odd, seeing as all but Streets have black skies.

Johnny Thunder
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You do not think Minister Mishkin (or something like that) should have a suit in a raincoat just like in the movie?

Visit My discord:
Afterwards Studios

AL64inthedark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah I really wonder why they didn't bother to add a sky for Bunker. I mean, does it really require processing even when not looking at it ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 62, 63, 64  Next
Page 33 of 64

Jump to: