ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

GoldenEye Setup Editor Feature Requests List/Bugs
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 105, 106, 107  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck wrote:
I am not positive, but it seems the Editor is reporting the total polygon count incorrectly. When I count myself, there are 36 dec triangles. When I go to "Calculate Tri Counts", it is saying 36 hex (54 dec). Is it just saying the decimal amount first as the hex spot, then calculatung a new decimal amount afterwards by mistake?

Oh, and rotating doors with the green tool seems screwy, at least in PD mode. I had to convert them to standard types to rotate how I wanted, then convert back and update the pad data.

Sorry this took so long. The rotation of doors is now fixed in PD in beta. It wasn't recognizing that doors are special, so wasn't doing the different spots door use for rotation (X/Y/Z Offset instead of Rotation).

Calculate Tri counts seemed ok at least. I imported two cubes and it reported 0x18 (24), which seemed correct. Do you have an example you think is off? You mean the calculate room count if you right click in room positions and it just does the one room?

Also of note, the beta adjusts the default camera movement in the editor, so that it no longer yaws, which should be helpful in both regular and fly mode.

Also, acceleration for mouse is in the preferences page 2, where movement is not constant, but I prefer constant rates...just saying is there.

Entropy Soldier
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Another round of applause for subby wubby and his efforts to fix the camera! The new controls make such an incredible difference.

Acceleration is nice, but if you're going to use it in its current state be sure to crank the camera speed to the absolute minimum otherwise it is super fast.

Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Where can I download the beta version of the editor, please?

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

There's a beta grabber installed and in start menu in the setup editor folder. Run that as admin, then after it finishes run the beta version of editor in start menu instead now.

Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

SubDrag wrote:
There's a beta grabber installed and in start menu in the setup editor folder. Run that as admin, then after it finishes run the beta version of editor in start menu instead now.

Doh! That's me failed the intelligence test then, so me am two stoopid to use um editor Wink

Thanks for answering, mate.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hah, I wasn't even aware of that (or dead braincells have caused me to forget). I always download directly from where it gets uploaded to. Then again, I don't have my "good" computer hooked up to the Internet anyway, so my method is the only viable one.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

After running some tests on guards, I actually figured out a few things. Some may be documented, but others seemed unknown or mislabeled.

Action 8D "Set Guard Belligerence" is basically just "Set Guard Grenade Probability". If you set it to FF, the guard will toss grenades constantly. It goes to 0x10 in the loaded character chunk.

Action 91 "Set Character Action Speed" is correct, but Rare also called it "Reaction Speed" in the 007 custom settings. Maybe "Set Character Action - Reaction Speed" is a little better. It goes to 0x3 in the loaded character chunk.

Action 92 "Set Actor Attribute (? effect)" I determined the use. It's actually "Set Character Injury Recovery Speed". If it is zero, by default, the person will act out the whole injury animation. Set it to, say 64 (100), and they only do the first few frames. This is useful on boss characters, such as Jaws. It goes to 0xD in the loaded character chunk.

These next two are in two spots...

In the character setup block, at 0x10, is the "Hearing Distance" for them. This is also Action 8B "Set Guard Hearing Distance". The higher the value, the further away they will be able to hear gunfire from. Rare used varying values in missions, to prevent some guards from charging in right away. Editor does not currently support this in the character block (or is labeled as Health, at least in PD mode), and defaults to 03E8. Which may explain how in many custom missions, guards will flood out when a lot of gunfire is occurring. This goes to 0xEC in the loaded character chunk.

Also in the character setup block, at 0x12, is the "Visible Distance" for them. This is also Action 8C "Set Guard Visible Distance". The smaller the value, the less far they can see. Set to 01 and you have to get right up in their face before they react to you. Editor supports, mislabeled, and defaults to 0064. Could also be affecting some custom missions where you are outside (surface, depot, streets, etc). This goes to 0xD0 in the loaded character chunk.

As a note, default health for guards is 28 hex. That is 40.0 decimal, but is divided by ten (4.0) and turned into a float point (40800000). It goes to 0x100 in the loaded character chunk.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Great finds, I believe I added them to editor and updated action names for both games.

I assumed for PD mode, bytes 0x14 and 0x16.

Also, what do you think are good defaults for editor? Facility used 03E8 and 0064 (probably where I got it from).

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yep, those spots in PD are right. I would say 03E8 hearing and 0064 vision are fine as defaults. Seems the common use. Large exterior levels might cut down the visible distance, and interior areas with close rooms might reduce their hearing. But overall, those values are used quite often. People now have the ability to try and fine tune them, if the situation requires it.

Not sure if the Editor porting process for GE -> PD setups already handles those for guards. Guess is...

010 -> 0x14
0x12 -> 0x16

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Oops forgot about that, that's in there now, the translation of that data.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Great, thanks. I have not checked over Silo and Frigate in GE-X, yet. Thankfully Egypt used those chosen defaults for each character, so no possible impact there. It may mainly be triggering a guard a tiny bit earlier, by them hearing gun fire, if anything. A level such as Runway or Surface would have a much more noticable difference, though it could be passed off as PD's changes to guard behaviour.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Seems actions 8B and 8C names need updating, in GE mode...

8B Set Guard Hearing Distance
8C Set Guard Visible Distance

8C details at top also still say reaction time.

Also, maybe can add in the top notes part for 8F Set Guard Health to mention 0028 default health. Grenade Probability and Injury Recovery top notes could be updated, since we know more.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ah oops, added that now. I also updated the actions ini:
http://goldeneyevault.com/editor/actions.ini
http://goldeneyevault.com/editor/pdactions.ini

but I must say these are...woefully out of date. One day they need to really be updated with the significant amount of information we now know.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Might not be noticed by anyone else, as I may be the only one currently using it, but the PD Lights have an issue. The lights need to be stored by room ID in ascending order. The Editor is storing them in order from oldest to newest added. If they don't stay grouped (all in same room together) and in ascending order (01, 02, 0A, 2E, etc, top to bottom), they won't function in game correctly. It's easy to fix manually as an exported text file, but unless you know to do that, you could become confused when testing the level.

There are other random oddities with lights, but I don't have any examples or ideas as of right now.

Edit: I just saw an option that says "Sort Lights by Room #" when you right-click. Is there a way to make sure that is handled automatically, to avoid possible user confusion?

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ah I actually never knew (or forgot) lights had to be in room order. May explain why sometimes I couldn't get them to show and could never figure out why. Should sort now on Export Full Background File.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 105, 106, 107  Next
Page 14 of 107

Jump to: