ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Problem with Perfect Editor (pads/clipping)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Carrington's Hacker Central
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Uufje
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:47 am    Post subject: Problem with Perfect Editor (pads/clipping) Reply with quote Back to top

Hey,

I've recently started messing with PerfectGold again, and I now intend to make a brand new level in Perfect Dark. I've run into a problem, though. I've made a level model in DeleD already, and imported it in the editor with help of the tutorial on the vault. I have a start point pad on the floor, but whenever I go in-game to test it, I am stuck halfway in the floor and I die seconds after.

Everything looks fine in the editor, and I've setup a clipping tile (which is walkable) as well. I've also noticed when I open other setup files (Rare's levels), the presets are slightly raised, like in the picture below. Maybe that has to do with the problem; perhaps all the presets are slightly offset from the real in-game location? When I inject a Rare level into my ROM, everything is fine, which suggests that they should be raised in the editor to work correctly, but that's far from ideal of course. Any ideas?

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Try raising the startup pad as you mentioned. For some reason, unlike goldeneye, it needs to be raised about 10 units or in most cases you fall through floor on boot level and are killed.

Uufje
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Strangely, it doesn't help and puts my into the same location, stuck in the floor. I've tried raising the clipping tile as well, but it doesn't change anything either.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

That is the start point right and only have one?

Uufje
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, I raised the gray start point. It's the only pad in the level right now.

AL64inthedark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

What level are you trying to replace ? I had issue when replace the first datadyne mission. Any other level worked fine.
Worth mentionning just in case...

Uufje
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You're right, I used the first DataDyne mission. I've switched to replacing Air Force One now, and it loads correctly.

Thanks for the help so far. Maybe it's worth investigating why the first mission won't be replaced properly?

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ah, the specially handled moon would do it. It's hardcoded as room 001 in those dataDyne missions. Area 51 has the horizon, Skedar has the rainbow surrounding, and Attack Ship has the red planet (using different room IDs). I believe you can edit these in the Stage Options portion of the Game Configuration menu. There are some other special things, such as room lighting, that can affect levels, in more subtle ways. Perfect Dark is certainly more tricky, especially crafting missions, but the GoldenEye X project has helped us to learn a lot more.

Uufje
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ah, I see it now. I see a few level IDs under the Stars header in the Game Configuration, and they correspond to DataDyne Central, Area 51 and Attack Ship, indeed. Interesting. I guess I could disable them, or select different stages, or use different rooms... It's not the most pressing issue for me right now, but at least I know now what's causing it Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Carrington's Hacker Central All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: