ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

1964 60FPS bundle for GoldenEye/Perfect Dark (2022/01/19)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 51, 52, 53  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Online And Emulation
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rekrul
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

deuxsonic wrote:
The reason I mentioned it is because the performance is reversed for me. If Glide64 were the faster of the two, I'd probably be using it.

I know, but you described Glide64 as being a less accurate plugin. If both Glide64 and GLideN64 have the same rendering errors, then GLideN64 isn't any more accurate than Glide64.

deuxsonic
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Rekrul wrote:
deuxsonic wrote:
The reason I mentioned it is because the performance is reversed for me. If Glide64 were the faster of the two, I'd probably be using it.

I know, but you described Glide64 as being a less accurate plugin. If both Glide64 and GLideN64 have the same rendering errors, then GLideN64 isn't any more accurate than Glide64.

The development team for it describes it as such.

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Rekrul wrote:
Distant objects appear on top of the chainlink fence at the end of Facility
GE has no zbuffer - secondary displaylist [decal, glass, alpha texs] is drawn after primary displaylist, it's normal
Rekrul wrote:
the water messes up at the start of Frigate, etc. For all the talk about how GLideN64 is designed for accuracy, it didn't seem any more accurate than Glide64.
Water and sky are drawn in a hacky way - very difficult to emulate correctly
~~
I wouldn't say GLideN64 is anymore accurate than Glide64. But when it comes to video interface\framebuffer emulation GLideN64 is more accurate - with GE\PD this has little impact so use whatever runs faster for your PC

Johnny Thunder
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Question, Star Wars Rogue Squadron is compatible with this emulator???

Visit my youtube channel:
Johnny Thunder: The Revenger

Visit My discord:
Afterwards Studios

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This emulator is primarily made for GoldenEye and Perfect Dark and their ROM hacks. For other games try libretro with mupen core https://www.libretro.com/

Last edited by Carnivorous on Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:23 pm; edited 1 time in total

Johnny Thunder
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Star Wars Rogue Squadron not work in Not64, Project 64 and Mupen 64, I do not think there is an emulator

Visit My discord:
Afterwards Studios

deuxsonic
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Not one emulator will attempt to play Rogue Squadron? It might have custom microcode but it should still play on Project 64, which I think is probably the most developed of the 64 emulators.

Johnny Thunder
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

buy?, no thanks, this is business

Visit My discord:
Afterwards Studios

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

after much trial & error pcsx2 injection is thread safe. the plugin is a dll proxy hooking between calls of lilypad and pcsx2. the interface for the plugin will be using a console window much like the original app mouse injector. this is the only way i can allow configuration without upsetting lilypad
~~
the first version will only support ts1 - other games will be added later. i am predicting a release by early april. this is what ts1 plays like with mouse input [warning loud audio] https://files.catbox.moe/t7fp14.webm

zoinkity

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It isn't a matter of the emulator so much as the video plugin.
Rogue Squadron is one of several games whose microcode was not reversed so high-level video emulation wasn't possible.

That said, low-level plugins (LLE) will play the game. You'll get varying degrees of success with Cen64 and MAME--both of which use nothing but LLE--or using an LLE video plugin like angrylion with other emulators such as PJ64, Mupen, etc. LLE is demanding though; you'll need much higher specs than when using HLE. HLE is the reason there could be emulators back in the 90's and 00's though.

deuxsonic
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

In other words get the PC version.

madmax386
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Carnivorous wrote:
after much trial & error pcsx2 injection is thread safe. the plugin is a dll proxy hooking between calls of lilypad and pcsx2. the interface for the plugin will be using a console window much like the original app mouse injector. this is the only way i can allow configuration without upsetting lilypad
~~
the first version will only support ts1 - other games will be added later. i am predicting a release by early april. this is what ts1 plays like with mouse input [warning loud audio] https://files.catbox.moe/t7fp14.webm

Aswome work mate, can not wait to jump on to this as soon as its released.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Prenihility
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Carnivorous wrote:
Are you using the latest version? Have you tried redownloading the bundle? What video plugin are you using?
What overclock are you using? Have you tried changing overclock? Is Use Mouse for Radial Menu checked within input settings?

Hmm,looks to be version 8.5.0

Is there a newer one worth trying? And if i use another installation, or delete my current installation, what happens to my save games?

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Prenihility wrote:
Hmm,looks to be version 8.5.0

Is there a newer one worth trying? And if i use another installation, or delete my current installation, what happens to my save games?
Yes there has been many bug fixes since the version you downloaded and may fix your issue. Copy over your save folder to the new version to keep your game progress

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ok first release only supports timesplitters 1 USA ISO. more details in the welcome message. load timesplitters1.lily for lilypad and press insert when you've spawned into a map to setup the in-game controls. there are bugs - like a large 50ms of lag on mouse input - i don't know what causes this :/ place mouse_injector.dll in plugins and store lily whereever. list of controls can be shown on the screen by pressing control+1 https://files.catbox.moe/obwshz.zip
~~
Cykes wrote:
This is the best thing, ever.

I've always been disappointing that 1964 just stopped being worked on, because I feel there's so much more that can be done with its overclock ability. I was quite surprised to see it modified for mouse support and other fixes here, and after trying it out I've gotta say I've never had so much fun in single player. Perfect Dark is made for it. At that point, it wasn't nostalgia, it was that the game has a unique sense of combat that was fun. I actually played through the first 4 mission on perfect agent and completed them after a few attempts.

Thank you. Your good work has been noticed.
I am happy you've enjoyed the bundle so far - thank you for downloading

Last edited by Carnivorous on Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:33 am; edited 1 time in total

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Online And Emulation All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 51, 52, 53  Next
Page 26 of 53

Jump to: