ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

1964 60FPS bundle for GoldenEye/Perfect Dark (2022/01/19)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 51, 52, 53  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Online And Emulation
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cykes
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This is the best thing, ever.

I've always been disappointing that 1964 just stopped being worked on, because I feel there's so much more that can be done with its overclock ability. I was quite surprised to see it modified for mouse support and other fixes here, and after trying it out I've gotta say I've never had so much fun in single player. Perfect Dark is made for it. At that point, it wasn't nostalgia, it was that the game has a unique sense of combat that was fun. I actually played through the first 4 mission on perfect agent and completed them after a few attempts.

Thank you. Your good work has been noticed.

Cykes
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

For Perfect Dark, is there some way to make deployables, like the camspy, drugspy, etc, work with 1.2 control style? It seems to be that its locked at 1.1, so even though you can use a mouse in the rest of the game just fine, the second you deploy a camspy you have to use your arrow keys, and they move way too much.

Perhaps a gameshark code to override the input types? I have no idea how you would get started doing that, though.

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I haven't found a reliable method of detecting their memory location as of yet.

ToonYoshi
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hello! I wanted to say that I love this thing! It's awesome and works very well! I have been using it for a while now. I do have some suggestions/ideas though.

1. Be able to choose what key (not just Tab) toggles the mouse on and off the screen, like through a config file or the plugin.

2. Being able to customize the text label for the actions in the mouse injector plugin and allowing more buttons. Pretty much a full Controller Profile Editor.

3. Support for more games/roms. I love that GE and PD are already there, that's great! I think it would be amazing if it supported more games like 007 World is Not Enough, the Turok series, Doom 64, Duke Nukem 64, Quake, etc.! I know you can already use N-Rage or something else to map the buttons to the mouse/keyboard, but it is no where near the perfect control and smoothnes over the mouse like GoldenEye/PD is. I hope you know what I mean. I not sure how good those games are for 1964, but I tested lots of different games, all seem to work fine for me.

I honestly have no idea how hard it is to include things like these, but it would be great if you can. Others would probably love it too! Very Happy

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

1 - It is handled by the emulator - I will investigate if 1964 can have a rebindable hotkey
2 - The plugin is not a conventional plugin where it translates key input to a controller value. It has varible logic behind the input so things like crouch toggle and crouch aiming is possible. the UI is static - making it dynamically change per game is possible but that would be over designing for just two games which share the same controller scheme
3 - Adding rom support has to be done manually and is very time consuming. You need to reverse engineer the camera system, some game logic to know when to ignore input and play through the game to validate addresses. Some games use quaternion for their camera [zelda] and others use a simple x and y [pd\ge]. I simply don't have the time to research other games, one of the reasons why I released the plugin source

ToonYoshi
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

1. Ok, cool.
2. Yeah makes sence, this was just a nitpicky thing.
3. Yeah I understand it is very time consuming. Its cool that you released the plugin source. I do not know how to program/code/compile at all, so I can't help. Maybe someone someday can figure out the other FPS games for N64.

deuxsonic
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Turok 1 and 2, DOOM 64, Duke Nukem 64, and Quake can be played natively on the PC already. The reason why this project is such a big deal to me is because it allows playing 2 excellent FPS that never got a PC release on the PC and control them as if they were native PC games. For over a decade I wanted to be able to do this and finally it's possible.

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

ToonYoshi wrote:
1. Be able to choose what key (not just Tab) toggles the mouse on and off the screen, like through a config file or the plugin.
I was unable to change Keyboard Accelerators. Much of the code is written to assume hotkeys are static. Passing cursor hiding functions to the plugin didn't work 100% of the time :/ I will reattempt another time but atm I can't do this sorry

Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This is excellent! It really makes playing Perfect Dark and Goldeneye on a PC feel like they were made for that machine.

Thanks Carnivorous (and Stolen) for all of the hard work, what you've done is really appreciated.

And being able to play Timesplitters 2 and Future Perfect with the same keyboard + mouse support (if it ever happens) will be brilliant too, as together those are my four favourite first person shooters. But if not, then fair enough, I'll always keep my original XBox and PS2 plugged in to my TV, so I can play the Timesplitters games any time that I'm at home.

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

TS 2 and 3 have many subsystems - lot of work to fully support. I've posted an alpha plugin last page for TS1 but it has problems. I need to find the source of input lag - PCSX2 shouldn't have any lag for injection. And understanding the protocol between PCSX2 and PADpoll calls so the plugin can change controls depending on the context

deuxsonic
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Just an idea: when you release updates, put the changes under a header of that update. The way changes are listed now, it's nearly impossible to tell which build introduced what feature.

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I have underlined the newest changes since last update - this should help solve any confusion. I replaced some dlls as they were being flagged by virustotal - 1964 originally released with a packed zlib dll. I replaced with original unpacked version. Since converting to a plugin and using direct memory injection it has brought the virustotal detection ratio down from 9\58 to 3\58 - some plugins are detected and cannot be avoided [they've been packed by the original coders]
~~
gliden64 latest build is significantly faster - if you have issues with release 2 try the newest version https://github.com/gonetz/GLideN64/issues/1364

Graslu
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The mouse injector makes the game crash in Area 51: Escape when you try to pickup the Hover Bike.
This only happens with the Mouse Injector plugin, and it works properly with N-Rage. It doesn't seem happen with other Hover Bikes in the game (Crash site or Area 51: Infiltration).
The v1.0 version of the plugin doesn't make the game crash, I can't test v1.1-v1.3 as I don't have those anymore.

Here's a save state if you want to try it out right infront of it.

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Graslu00
Discord: https://discord.gg/tksttVC

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm sorry that happened! I'll look into it right away
~~
Thank you for the report. It incorrectly detected the bikebase address [possibly from a previous map?]. I have added extra conditions to the bikepointer function to prevent this from happening again

deuxsonic
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Is there a key for quickly saving out a savestate? I was going to share one to the GLideN64 team as one of their developers had expressed interest in seeing the problem that the plug-in has with explosion and smoke performance. What is needed is a savestate where the player is close enough to an explosion that the framerate drops to a slideshow using GLideN64 to share with them in this thread if anyone else can do it faster than me.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Online And Emulation All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 51, 52, 53  Next
Page 27 of 53

Jump to: