ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

1964 60FPS bundle for GoldenEye/Perfect Dark (2022/01/19)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 51, 52, 53  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Online And Emulation
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Carnivorous

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

enter the pause menu and press f5 - it will create a save called perfect dark-usa.sav1 in the save directory

deuxsonic
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

In the WIP builds of GLideN64, the DLL in the "zilmar" folder is the one to drop in place of the old?

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yes - your ini will be reset to default with the newer plugin so backup if you wish to restore the previous version. afair disabling frame buffer emulation makes ge\pd unplayable with newer versions so it can be slower than 2.0

deuxsonic
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The new INI is different only by the version being changed to 17.

The save state it created actually has no extension. Should I stick one on it before I submit it to them?

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

ah i must have replaced my ini - dw about the reset default thing.
~~
using cpu>save state will do that but if you press f5 it will automatically create a save with the sav1 extention. it really doesnt matter so long as you use 1964 0.8.5 to load the state. if you use sav1 - that state will be set to save slot 1 [default]
~~
I saw your post your save has an issue. with 1964 there are some delta timing overflows whenever the emulator is paused - this also affects loading saves. this can be fixed by pausing in-game and then saving state - so when you load the save the explosion will not instantly disappear. i should have explained this clearer before, sorry !

deuxsonic
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Would you say the games are more CPU-bound or GPU-bound? I want to upgrade my graphics card so I'm curious how that will affect the game, as a lot of PC games are GPU-bound but this emulation I'm not sure about. With an older CPU (Phenom II X4 955) at 18x overclock it runs fairly well but has a lot of very short hitches, particularly on entering new areas and the settings for the graphics plug-in are scaled back for the current graphics card (GTX 560).

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It depends on your build - I can only estimate but I think in your case you are CPU bound. I have a worse GPU (7770 HD) and explosions do not slow down to a crawl as you describe

Johnny Thunder
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Question, is it normal for the emulator to be slow(15 FPS-30FPS) on my computer?

Visit my youtube channel:
Johnny Thunder: The Revenger

Visit My discord:
Afterwards Studios

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

No - use jabo and x6. If it is still slow then it is your PC

Johnny Thunder
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Still the same, maybe if it's my PC

Visit my youtube channel:
Johnny Thunder: The Revenger

Visit My discord:
Afterwards Studios

cristianomtd
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hi all,

I've been experiencing a little flickering, specially in the center of the screen. Any tips to solve this? It's not my monitor, the same happens in my laptop. Everything else works perfectly fine. Thanks!

deuxsonic
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You mean screen tearing?

cristianomtd
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, I guess. But vsync is turned on, which makes this pretty weird, right? I mean, shouldn't this prevent tearing?

Also, my monitor has 60hz and the fps never goes above 60, so why is this happening? As I said, pretty weird.

It's not something really annoying, but if I could get rid of it, the better.

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Have you tried to set v-sync on in your graphics control panel for 1964.exe

polterg00se
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Is it possible to use mouse injector for other emulators, specifically for PCSX2 so I can play something like SOCOM: Navy Seals? It would be nice to have universal support with mouse injector because there are just soooo many games that is just dying to have this.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Online And Emulation All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 51, 52, 53  Next
Page 28 of 53

Jump to: