ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

GoldenEra Documentary
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye 007
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GoldenEraDrew
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:30 pm    Post subject: GoldenEra Documentary Reply with quote Back to top

Hi everyone,

I'm looking to get some feedback on a crowd funding campaign that my team are about to launch to make a documentary about Goldeneye. We have interviewed some of the developers and a bunch of games journalists and are hoping to have the film out in time for the 20th anniversary later this year. We are deadly serious about doing this and hoping to get your help.

I was wondering if you could all have a watch of the campaign video and have a look at our reward ideas and let us know what we could improve?

1. Movie Stream
2. Movie Download
3. The MultiPlayer (4 streams)
4. GoldenEra DVD/Bluray
5. 007 Edition (Behind the scenes, bonus content)
5. GoldenEra t-shirt + stream
6. Sharpshooter Tee + stream
7. Dual weilding Tee + DVD Combo
8, Goldeneye watch
9. 2 Tickets to Premiere screenings in UK, USA and Aus and QA with the film creators
10. "You only live twice" - Official Goldeneye Bungie jumping experience in Switzerland + everything else
11. Executive Producer Credit includes Bungie jumping experience in Switzerland + everything else
12. Title Sponsor

We are working on our campaign video too.

You can watch our first draft here: https://vimeo.com/212261552
Password: goldenera

Johnny Thunder
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

fantastic!, for August?

Visit my youtube channel:
Johnny Thunder: The Revenger

Visit My discord:
Afterwards Studios

GoldenEraDrew
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Johnny Thunder wrote:
fantastic!, for August?
Aiming to release around the 20th anniversary yes. Might be a little later than August but 2017 should be achievable

pavarini
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
I was wondering if you could all have a watch of the campaign video and have a look at our reward ideas and let us know what we could improve?

Hi Drew. It looks quite fine, I'm a little confused about the 'The MultiPlayer (4 streams)' tier is. Is that 4 available streams given to the backer? Another question, there are not many interviews with Steve Ellis or David Doak, will you be able to interview them for the documentary?

Best of luck Drew.

GoldenEraDrew
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

pavarini wrote:
Quote:

Hi Drew. It looks quite fine, I'm a little confused about the 'The MultiPlayer (4 streams)' tier is. Is that 4 available streams given to the backer? Another question, there are not many interviews with Steve Ellis or David Doak, will you be able to interview them for the documentary?

Best of luck Drew.

Yes we are confident of getting Doak, Ellis and Hollis in the film when we fund. We want to interview them all in the UK too. Not just via skype. We want to visit the old Rare Barn and maybe see where Rare is at these days.

The multiplayer reward is precisely that. 4 streams for the price of 3 essentially. A reward that ties into the multiplayer nostalgia and can be shared with the friends from those long nights huddles around the N64.

pavarini
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

GoldenEraDrew wrote:
Yes we are confident of getting Doak, Ellis and Hollis in the film when we fund. We want to interview them all in the UK too. Not just via skype. We want to visit the old Rare Barn and maybe see where Rare is at these days.

The multiplayer reward is precisely that. 4 streams for the price of 3 essentially. A reward that ties into the multiplayer nostalgia and can be shared with the friends from those long nights huddles around the N64.

That sounds great, please update us when the kickstarter goes live.

Johnny Thunder
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

GoldenEraDrew wrote:
pavarini wrote:
Quote:

Best of luck Drew.

pavarini wrote:
GoldenEraDrew wrote:

Doak, Ellis and Hollis in the documentary? perfect!

Visit My discord:
Afterwards Studios

GoldenEraDrew
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Johnny Thunder wrote:
GoldenEraDrew wrote:
pavarini wrote:
Quote:

Best of luck Drew.

pavarini wrote:
GoldenEraDrew wrote:

Doak, Ellis and Hollis in the documentary? perfect!

We have access to a bunch of the developers for the real production shoot and we imagine those guys will come on board once they see how serious the crowd is. They are just hard to get a hold of.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This is a project I have personally dreamt about doing, but never would have the resources or capability to. So to see it becoming a reality is truly fantastic. I really hope you can manage to get a few more of the original developers to participate in interviews. Their insight into the creation process, as well as how they feel today giving what they have achieved, would be a massive addition to the doc. Very excited for this, and hope I can help out in whatever way I can. Smile

I see you have game journalists discussing the impact the game had on the world, as well as themselves. Have you considered possibly talking with either die hard, lifelong fans, or even hackers / modders who have devoted countless time tinkering with the game to prolong its life by offering new content or editing tools? Hehe, you wouldn't have to look farther than this forum for those things. Even if it doesn't perhaps make it into the film, but as bonus content. I have seen some other docs that have a short spotlight on fans / collectors, who have a deep passion for the subject matter.

Anyway, things are looking quite nice thus far. Definitely remember us as you make updates, get the crowd funding up, or need any other assistance. I have some possible ideas to run by you, if you might be up to listening to them.

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
I think this is fantastic project - I researched on your previous work and I'm happy to see you've successfully completed a kickstarter before. I have some feedback for the trailer so far [apologies for my English]

- Fix the echo feedback for the skype calls, it's hard to understand what they say.
- Please create your own footage instead of copying from YouTube videos. For the documentary I recommend buying a UltraHDMI modded Nintendo 64 - recording from it provides the best quality without the digital to analog conversion. With let's players like graslu00 they use an emulator for their videos, overclocked to play the game at 60fps with mouse support - definitely not how the game was played in 1997

There is some good reading material for the project written by Hollis back 13 years ago in case you haven't read this before. Before you interview David Doak read this article it provides some insight into his reasons for leaving the games industry

Other then those two issues I think the project is great. The trailer mixing and editing is good. You've had previous experience and seem to know a lot about GoldenEye. Good luck with the kickstarter I hope it succeeds

Johnny Thunder
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This is sure to be one of the best documentaries on films in the entire history of mankind

Visit My discord:
Afterwards Studios

GoldenEraDrew
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck wrote:
This is a project I have personally dreamt about doing, but never would have the resources or capability to. So to see it becoming a reality is truly fantastic. I really hope you can manage to get a few more of the original developers to participate in interviews. Their insight into the creation process, as well as how they feel today giving what they have achieved, would be a massive addition to the doc. Very excited for this, and hope I can help out in whatever way I can. Smile

I see you have game journalists discussing the impact the game had on the world, as well as themselves. Have you considered possibly talking with either die hard, lifelong fans, or even hackers / modders who have devoted countless time tinkering with the game to prolong its life by offering new content or editing tools? Hehe, you wouldn't have to look farther than this forum for those things. Even if it doesn't perhaps make it into the film, but as bonus content. I have seen some other docs that have a short spotlight on fans / collectors, who have a deep passion for the subject matter.

Anyway, things are looking quite nice thus far. Definitely remember us as you make updates, get the crowd funding up, or need any other assistance. I have some possible ideas to run by you, if you might be up to listening to them.

Hi Wreck, I'd love to hear your ideas. We are on the hunt for great stretch goals, rewards and interview prospects for sure and yeah we are very interested in talking to the hardcore (hackers, modders) community. We are exploring the Elite speedrunning world for some of that passion but would be very keen to talk to a bunch of you guys, even if it is remotely. It's a challenge being in Aus but not impossible. Shoot your ideas through to me at andoneo76@gmail.com

Cheers
Drew

GoldenEraDrew
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Carnivorous wrote:
Quote:
I think this is fantastic project - I researched on your previous work and I'm happy to see you've successfully completed a kickstarter before. I have some feedback for the trailer so far [apologies for my English]

- Fix the echo feedback for the skype calls, it's hard to understand what they say.
- Please create your own footage instead of copying from YouTube videos. For the documentary I recommend buying a UltraHDMI modded Nintendo 64 - recording from it provides the best quality without the digital to analog conversion. With let's players like graslu00 they use an emulator for their videos, overclocked to play the game at 60fps with mouse support - definitely not how the game was played in 1997

There is some good reading material for the project written by Hollis back 13 years ago in case you haven't read this before. Before you interview David Doak read this article it provides some insight into his reasons for leaving the games industry

Other then those two issues I think the project is great. The trailer mixing and editing is good. You've had previous experience and seem to know a lot about GoldenEye. Good luck with the kickstarter I hope it succeeds

Thanks for the feedback. We are hopeful of success as well!

And yes we are working on the audio quality from those skype interviews. They are a little tough to hear for sure.
RE: The footage. You got me. For the proof of concept we have used snippet from Youtube and graslu00's footage was very high quality. We will be updating the trailer with our own footage.

Those articles are good reading. I will give them another look over.

And yes I have previously ran a successful film crowdfunding campaign. My Producer worked for Australia's national broadcaster on the most watched Video Game TV show. Together I think we are a good team.

Here's hoping!

GoldenEraDrew
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Johnny Thunder wrote:
This is sure to be one of the best documentaries on films in the entire history of mankind

ha ha. That's the kind of enthusiasm we have and like to hear!

Graslu
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hey Drew, I'm Graslu00 from the videos.

I like the draft trailer but I also noticed some stuff with the footage that isn't from me, like the Dam intro where the camera first zooms into first person, you can see the sky not being properly rendered which is a sign of bad emulation. If you're going to include your own footage on it and it's emulated, make sure to avoid the graphical issues as those can be easily fixed, keep the same resolution through all of it, etc... Or else it won't look really good.

I don't mind my footage being used for the drafts. If you decide to record HD videos instead of the original 64's, I wouldn't mind if you decide to use mine either, as long as it's properly credited of course. I could offer to get some specific footage if you're interested too.

Wish you best of luck on the crowdfunding!

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Graslu00
Discord: https://discord.gg/tksttVC

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye 007 All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: