ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Complex Mission - Released!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
00action
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This looks great! looking forward to giving this a go.
https://www.twitch.tv/00action

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hopefully I can get this up on the Vault in a day or two. I have been very busy preparing to move (including needing to find a new place), which has prevented me from doing much. I play tested again on console, where I found a game crashing issue. I think I know what does it, which may help fix it quickly. Nothing else really jumped out. If not for moving, I may have spent more time on it, but I'm not sure it needs it, anyway. If any major problems are found, I'll try to correct them when I can.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Worked out the issue. Well, not really. I tried a handful of things, but kept running into the same crashing problem. I ended up swapping out the troubling item with a different (slightly customized) one. Not exactly what I had wanted, but it does the same job and doesn't have console errors. I have made the patch, started the writeup and will send it off to SubDrag tonight.

Johnny Thunder
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Fabulous Wreck, I'm so excited to play it on my Wii, using the Not64 emulator

Visit my youtube channel:
Johnny Thunder: The Revenger

Visit My discord:
Afterwards Studios

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It's now up on Vault...
http://goldeneyevault.com/viewfile.php?id=326

Give it a whirl. I hope you enjoy it, and find the difficulty somewhere around Aztec. I know I have had a few tense moments nearing the end, which has resulted in a red screen on a few occasions.

Funny enough, I was looking forward to Lance at EntropicDecay Gaming on YouTube to play it, and he just put up a 500 subs video that mentions he will be slowing down on GE related content and branch out onto different stuff. Haha, great timing, eh? Razz

bmw
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Gonna give this a run in the next few days, and I will video-record my first attempt and post it here. That way you can see what it is like for somebody who knows nothing about what to do in the mission try it for the first time.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sounds great, thanks. As I am sure you are fully aware, it is difficult to gauge your own custom missions well. You know many of the possible exploits, and are prepared for any traps or ambushes. Plus, you play test it so often that it is hard to have fun. Wonderful seeing other people giving it a go, and hearing feedback, but the creator themselves is sort of excluded from certain enjoyments. I feel I have spent way more time "testing" than actually "playing" over the years. Guess that's why other user content is so important to try.

By the way, just want to add, that each difficulty offers up something a bit different. Agent has the fewest objectives, whereas Secret and 00 Agent each have all five. One of the armours were removed from 00, to increase the challenge slightly. So I might suggest Secret Agent to those who want to get the most out of the mission, without it being at its most difficult setting.

pavarini
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wow quite fun. I'm surprised how great complex works as a background for a sp mission, great job.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I searched up custom complex mission on YouTube just for fun, and found that Graslu has already put up a playthrough. Added the video link to the first post, but you should really play the level yourself before watching, or else have many things spoiled.

Thanks, Pavarini. I made some alterations to the layout, by closing off certain passages. That made it less free roaming as the original multiplayer version. I think the added decals here and there also gave it a slightly more solo mission feeling. I imagine I would give other multiplayer maps similar treatment.

AL64inthedark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Haha Wreck. Are you talking about the feeling when you test things so much you really start to worry if it's of any interest. Because you can't tell anymore. Not at all lol

DF Ank1
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hey Wreck the Level is really great man Very Happy

A really good single player level witch is diffiucult to play. I waited soo long for such one.

Thanks and keep up making such great levels ! Very Happy
Alec: Fate

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hehe, I have certainly reached that point a few times before. I have a nearly finished mirror mode mission campaign done, ran into a couple snags, and kind of gave up. It may have received more interest than the mirror multi pack, which didn't seem to go over very well. Guess mirror modes in general come off as more confusing than fun. But yeah, sometimes you can begin to wonder "is this worth it?" or "are people going to enjoy this?" after putting in uncountable hours of effort.

Glad to hear people seem to like the mission. If it is being called difficult or comparible to the Aztec, than I feel that I achieved my goal. Smile

I forgot to mention that Agent mode also has fewer drone guns, similar to Control. I figured they may be frustrating to some players, so the easiest difficulty does cut you a bit of slack there.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Added EntropicDecay Gaming's excellent playthrough video to the first post. I kept pointing out where the other armour was while watching, but he never ventured into that area to collect it. Well, he can be proud to have completed it with only the half armour he did find. I may have upped the difficulty with the drone guns, but I wasn't so cruel as to give players no armour and the guards too much. Wink

DF Ank1
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I even canĀ“t complete it on Secret Agent Xd
Alec: Fate

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Johnny Thunder
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I almost

Visit my youtube channel:
Johnny Thunder: The Revenger

Visit My discord:
Afterwards Studios

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: