ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

New GoldenEye 007 Soundtracks
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye 007
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DF Ank1
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:13 pm    Post subject: New GoldenEye 007 Soundtracks Reply with quote Back to top

Hello Everybody.

On my Search for GoldenEye 007 Sound/Loops and of course of playing GoldenEye: Source I become acquainted with "GoldenZen", one of the great Composer of GoldenEye: Source.

He has the idea of making some great new Tracks for GoldenEye: Vault. I think this i a really, really great Idea, so I started this thread to keep you up to date - I think he will create a new account these days and beeing here.

I think he will create some great tracks with typical GoldenEye feeling Smile

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SxVWbTjz5vM&t=5s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6752nnyDPo
Alec: Fate

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
GoldenZen
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hi guys,

I shamefully have to admit I was not fully aware of this fine project, or much rather lost track of it.
I have a history here: Trevor was so kind to get in touch with me a few years ago but I've faced some technical problems with using the original fonts and exporting everything in this special Rom format. Problems I could not solve.
However DF Ank1 made me aware that meanwhile it is possible for you to import mp3's which would make it possible for me to use the original fonts, the original 90's E-MU rack synths that were used around that time and hand it over to you in the more convenient format.

Added to the fact that I wanted to do something special for the 20th anniversary of that game, this seems like a great opportunity to collaborate.

I could imagine contributing some alternate tracks.

So if you're up for some GoldenEye party, I'm there Smile

Johnny Thunder
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

good and great music

Visit my youtube channel:
Johnny Thunder: The Revenger

Visit My discord:
Afterwards Studios

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm sure people would love to hear some new music for GoldenEye - especially those who work on their own missions and would like to have a different sound to them. As soon as you hear any track in GoldenEye, you think of what level it was used in. But with new user created songs, they can be for any mission, without a specific tie to a single one.

GoldenZen
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

My vision exactly @wreck!
Having said that, it would be amazing to get some footage (pics or video snippet) from the levels I could throw in some music for. That way I can truly immerse in the level and the feel of it. Always better than writing generic tracks out of the blue.

DF Ank1
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I´m really glad that you signed up here on the Forum Smile

I think when my Train Level Design is over, I´ll head for a completely new Level - Having there a completely new sound will be insane Very Happy

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
GoldenZen
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Oh yeah! I'm there! Very Happy

Trevor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hi, been a while since 2013. Razz

What software are you using for midi generation?

I believe that the soundfont I sent you is now out of date since, I think, Sub made PerfectGold export .dls files using the raw binary values (rather than the original which had to manually look up each - at the time I had a few crashes and so generalised on a number of instruments)

The N64 does have a number of cool midi effects like setting loops within a sequence etc.

Also, with the right soundfont (which can be edited too if you would rather use a new one instead of sticking to the original) midis can sound very good.
Of course, use a crap soundfont (General Midi for example) and the midi will sound "midi".

I actually started (though never finished since I'm not a musician) a new Bond intro with altered soundfont.
If you wanted to finish it your more than welcome.
hmm... I seem to have misplaced it. When I find it Ill upload

Trev

DF Ank1
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Trevor wrote:

hmm... I seem to have misplaced it. When I find it Ill upload

Trev

Also let me know if you have a good soundfont file please Smile

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

http://www.goldeneyevault.com/viewfile.php?id=224

Believe was updated for new soundfont export capability, and names are there.

GoldenZen
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

edit: I've looked at the new soundfonts and this looks manageable and I could use them.

But my question was if it would be interesting for you developers to collaborate and receive mp3's from my side or are would you still need midi files? Either way the GoldenEye 64 sound would be provided as I pay special attention to that. But I never got my head around how to properly export the midis in the appropriate order for them to be played back correctly within the game engine.
Plus: If I could provide you with mp3's and don't have to stick to just the original sf2 file instruments I could further expand the sounds from the game soundtrack with my library of E-Mu synthesizers that the original composers used. So we could create things that are absolutely GoldenEye but are unheard of so far!

Last edited by GoldenZen on Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:43 am; edited 1 time in total

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

GE can only import midis, not mp3. If you use that soundfont, the instruments will be in the right order, unless you accidentally change it, on exported midi. There are some limitations, I think there is a maximum of 8 notes active at once or something like that, and there are size limitations if midi gets too big (can be worked around).

GoldenZen
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ah so I got something wrong and the game project has no mp3 implementation meanwhile?

DF Ank1
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hö Strange. I thought it is possible to import a other filetype than .midi in GoldenEye.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Only Perfect Dark, but it's not used for songs.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye 007 All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: