ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Music wishlist and status thread
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye 007
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GoldenZen
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 1:34 pm    Post subject: Music wishlist and status thread Reply with quote Back to top

Hi guys,

in order to get things tidy and organised regarding new music, I open this thread. I'm going to post the wishlist for new tracks, their status and which levels they're intended for in my eyes.
If you've got more musical wishes for levels, feel free to comment and I'll add it up here.
Also inform me if you don't like a track for your level and rather pass it on. Or the other way around: You like a track and would like to use it in yours.

Tracks

Train (DF ANK1) - Done
Track: http://www.goldenzen-music.ch/GE_Train.mp3

Cliff Base (GERage) - In development
Preview: http://www.goldenzen-music.ch/GE64_Cliff_wip.mp3

Island (TimEh) - Not yet started

Last edited by GoldenZen on Sat May 06, 2017 4:48 am; edited 1 time in total

Johnny Thunder
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

good music!

Visit my youtube channel:
Johnny Thunder: The Revenger

Visit My discord:
Afterwards Studios

GoldenZen
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Cheers Johnny!

Trevor

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ah cool, you've got stereo effects Smile

The train one has a nice mix of both train and depot.

Very nice use of soundfont though Smile

Trev

Uufje
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This sounds really good! The tracks sound very GoldenEye, and they've got a nice beat.

Are you going to make X versions as well?

SilverEye
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Dear GoldenZen,
your new tracks are quite astonishing! They really sound like they could've been in the original game. I especially like that iconic, somewhat metal-esque echo sound you used, not sure how to describe it properly, I just know it was used very frequently in the tracks of the original game. So far, your new Train music for DF ANK1's level is my favourite, I think you can really feel the tension in it.

Are you willing to take requests? If so, I'd absolutely be thrilled to have a new piece of awesome music for my project!
If you visit
http://www.shootersforever.com/forums_message_boards/viewtopic.php?t=7203, you'll notice that I've recently been planning to work on a project which involves a new set of levels themed around Dalton's bond.

Now, here's the issue, I was looking around to see if any good midis of the theme from The Living Daylights already exist, and while they do, they don't seem compatible with GoldenEye. I've come across excellent instrumental mp3 versions (such as https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XTxsEAXl3Ro), but since I don't know ANYTHING about making music compatible with GoldenEye, I don't really have a way to put this theme into my project.

However, you have clearly shown that you have awesome control over GoldenEye's instruments, so I was wondering if it'd be possible to turn this theme from The Living Daylights into a GoldenEye-compatible one? Once again, I'd be super happy, and you would surely receive special thanks in the credits once my project would be finished. Let me know if you're interested Smile

Johnny Thunder
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The midi that I use for my 2 mods was the midi I thought was not going to work for my mod, but ... if it worked !, the midi I used is called Bond-Medley

Visit My discord:
Afterwards Studios

Kode-Z
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Great work, GoldenZen!

Ryani
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Oh man, custom music would make these levels amazing. Hell, if someone could find a way to compile all these custom levels into one game and each had custom music it would feel almost like a sequel to the original game.

The custom tracks are fantastic, but I feel the first 11 seconds of the Cliff Base track feel too much like random parts of existing songs mashed up, whereas the rest of the song sounds a lot more original (especially the...is it a glockenspiel? That hook is really classic feeling.)

HackBond

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

These are pretty cool, good work!

GoldenZen
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Cheers guys for all the love!

I will surely try to meet the demands and will keep up to date. I'm also sure something in the vein of Dalton's movies can be arranged Smile

I'm looking forward to implement it via midi, which I guess will take some getting used to as I'm not yet sure how to export this properly so it's played back in the appropriate way within the game engine.

But I'm sure with a bit of trying around we'll manage.

Best,
GoldenZen

Johnny Thunder
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

GoldenZen I have a question, have you ever played the Army Men game Sarge's Heroes?

Visit My discord:
Afterwards Studios

GoldenZen
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

No Johnny, I have not

Johnny Thunder
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

No problem, but I've always wondered how the Fort Plastro song would sound (link here from the song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLxnBCGgwCI, and my project I'm working on: http://www.shootersforever.com/forums_message_boards/viewtopic.php?t=7113) in the GoldenEye game, how does the original game song sound?

By the way, here is the link of my original game music, but with soundfont of the GoldenEye and its midi

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zd8xa84x6pj5su5/Fort%20Plastro%20Midi%20GoldenEye.rar?dl=0

Visit My discord:
Afterwards Studios

GoldenZen
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Cheers Johnny, I'll keep it in mind.

Update:
GE_Train is done: http://www.goldenzen-music.ch/GE_Train.mp3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye 007 All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: