ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Music wishlist and status thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye 007
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Garabuyo
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

GoldenZen wrote:
Cheers Johnny, I'll keep it in mind.

Update:
GE_Train is done: http://www.goldenzen-music.ch/GE_Train.mp3

Nice and excellent work.

http://bf4stats.com:8601/ps4/Garabuyo

Trevor

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Agreed, very good, but I need to ask, is the 1st loop point point x seconds into the track or have you disabled some instruments for loops > 0?

I ask because at present it doesn't loop very well.

What I mean is that take surface for example, it has a into that is only played once and the loop starts 10 or so seconds into the midi.

Other tracks sometimes have a sort of "overlap" to hide the loop.

If you could also post the midi file too we can play it with the GE music player (part of sound tools on vault somewhere) as a first test (without the memory or voice limits of the N64)

Trev

SATURN_81
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I really like how these new GoldenZen songs sound. Ge_Train looks like an action melody (like when triggering an alarm on a level), so I'd like to know what the quiet version is like. The beginning of this song and until the second 44 seems a melody of some level of TWINE (a game that seems to have its own style of music for James Bond unlike GE).
Cliff Base, his style sounds like it's taken from Perfect Dark.

I would like to know if it is possible to obtain the altered sounds that produce the Gameshark codes of GE and to be able to handle them and if then they can be introduced again in a rom. I speak of codes like "sounds or music like a robot" or "music organ" (I'm sure many people know codes of this type or know what codes I'm talking about)

GoldenZen
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks guys!

@Trevor: I was not certain how delicate the loop transition actually is, so I didn't put toooo much work into it. In my program the transition was all right but yes, it could be even smoother so you can't tell. I'll work that out.

I'll post the midi soon, I've tried to use SynthFont for assigning the appropriate instruments but I've not figured it out yet. It keeps doing weird things like suddenly muting instruments, switching instruments when playing back etc...

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

New Train sounds really nice. It does almost have an X Track feel to it, meaning the mission has more intense action, or even a race against time.

Johnny Thunder
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

wow, the update sounds fantastic!

Visit my youtube channel:
Johnny Thunder: The Revenger

Visit My discord:
Afterwards Studios

Trevor

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

SATURN_81 wrote:
I would like to know if it is possible to obtain the altered sounds that produce the Gameshark codes of GE and to be able to handle them and if then they can be introduced again in a rom. I speak of codes like "sounds or music like a robot" or "music organ" (I'm sure many people know codes of this type or know what codes I'm talking about)

This is NOT a gameshark code, nor will it ever be. This is a replacement midi Type 0 file to be injected into a rom.

GoldenZen wrote:
I've tried to use SynthFont for assigning the appropriate instruments but I've not figured it out yet. It keeps doing weird things like suddenly muting instruments, switching instruments when playing back etc...

Ah, I used that program, it was ok but I know what you mean. It also wont accept instrument 10 as anything other than a percussion set regardless of what instrument is assigned to 10.
It did do a sort of auto-assign soundfont before I made it in MS Direct Music.
There are some elements to the soundfont that seem different to the sound on the N64, perhaps some envelope settings are wrong or the Synth Driver has extra settings set outwith the midi.

Trev

GoldenZen
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

@Johnny - Thanks a lot!

@Trevor - Exactly as you say. Would it be an option for you to look at the midi and try to make it work? I'm kind of stuck and furthermore cannot test it. Every instrument within the midi has been labeled correctly though and I've also added the number of the soundfont patch accordingly. Could you help me setting these up?

Cheers,
GoldenZen

Trevor

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sure, send it over.

What I'm still puzzled by and wonder if you could explain is why you seem to be changing the instrument number order of the soundbank? The dls soundfont produced by PG should match the soundbank.

i.e. The GE soundbank is
00 Electric Piano type thing
01 Drum
02 Bass
... etc

Are you not using these values? or are you forced to comply with another soundbank then change index to this soundbank after?

Trev

GoldenZen
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm not changing anything, I merely assign the individual midi tracks to the desired instruments in the soundfont. Suddenly sounds start to change after assigning a certain amount of them.

For example: I assign Toms, Timpani, Strings to the actual soundfont sounds and suddenly the track assigned to the Toms starts to play strings. Timpani assigned to Timpani suddenly sounds like toms etc.
After I've assigned all the instruments individually and properly some suddenly don't produce sound at all unless I solo them.

So on the board everything looks right but the playback is completely messed up...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye 007 All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: