ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Calling all N64 hackers and code makers! Help with a code

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Console Workshop
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 5:47 am    Post subject: Calling all N64 hackers and code makers! Help with a code Reply with quote Back to top

I'm trying to get the Moon Jump code for Duke Nukem Zero Hour (N64) to work. It's on several sites on the Internet, and it's always

D0117DF4 0008
81117EEC FFFF
D0117DF4 0008
81117EEE FC00

but I can't get it to work. It's a 'Moon Jump' code, which means that you can use it to jump very high (to explore and semi-fly), by holding down Jump (the Right Shoulder button in Duke Nukem Zero Hour) and is advisable to use with an Invincibility cheat to avoid accidental damage to your in-game character. The invincibility cheat does work, and it's

E8614115 5959

but with or without this, the Moon Jump code doesn't seem to work. I should say that I've been using the NTSC game rom*, and various versions of the Project64 emulator (my N64 isn't here with me, so I can't check the codes on real hardware). Please can someone try and get the Moon Jump codes working?

Also, a No-clip cheat (where you can go through walls/ceiling/etc) would be fantastic too, but I don't know if that's even possible.

Thanks.

* I did try the PAL rom with the same codes, in case the codes were wrongly listed as being for the NTSC rom, but with no success.

Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm using an emulator, Project64 v2.2, with the NTSC game.

And I've found the problem, it turns out that the Moon Jump codes work but are described wrongly on the web pages. They all say to hold down the Right Shoulder button (some pages say the left) to Moon Jump, but these codes only work if you hold down Up on the D-Pad. I've tried to modify the code so that pressing Jump in the game (Right Shoulder button) performs the Moon Jump, but it does so imperfectly, as when you hit a ceiling (in a room) and so stop going up, then the game automatically brings you back down again (contrary to Moon Jump behaviour) even though you're still holding down the jump buttons, since of course the game still thinks that the jump button means go up then down. Is there any way around this please? And would a no-clip cheat for the Moon Jump be possible?

Sandsmoke
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Having a solid knowledge of this web site helped me a lot.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Console Workshop All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: