ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

(Moonraker) Braces or No Braces, that is the question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Non-Gaming Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
G14Classified
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 1:42 pm    Post subject: (Moonraker) Braces or No Braces, that is the question Reply with quote Back to top

So I was watching moonraker yesterday, movie ive seen dozens upon dozens of times, prob one of my top 5 bond films, so I get to the scene where jaws crashes through the gondolla? and meets "dolly" where they stare at each other and fall in love. I was dissapointed that the scene had been edited and the dorky braces were no longer there. So I went to look for the unedited version wham! the scene never existed, I started to look at the comments and tons of people just like me remember her wearing braces. It was supposed to be the emotional connection of the scene with them both having metal teeth per say. But now the scene is gone and does not make much sense anymore.

I know it is a long post bear with me, it is worth it.

So apparently someone posted something about a mandella effect, I did a bit more research and I was astonished. Apparently people mostly from the older generation from 1980 to before have a compilation of different memories as if we were from another alternate time line.

Examples

1 The monopoly guy had a monocle, I remember. But do an internet search and apparently he never ever had one, hard to digest.

2. In My timeline even though I was not a fan of the village people they were such a cultural Icon, that they came out in cartoons other tv shows etc. And me as well as many people remember that there were only 5 people in the band. The Cop,Biker,Cowboy,Construction Worker, Indian.

Now apparently there was a sixth member dressed in a military uniform. dont believe me? look it up, who the hell is that guy? I certainly dont remember a castro looking guy prancing with the band.

3. The ford logo, back in 2001 My friend had bought a brand new F150 and I noticed the logo was a little off, it had a pig tail on the F, I did not give it much thought except I remember it looking odd and thought it must have been a redesign. Now the old logo is nowhere to be seen, anybody that remembers the original had a soft wavy line on the F on ford not a pig tail, but this has apparently been erased from our history.

There are Many many more examples some of them would make me sound more nuts than I already sound. but I don't want to make the post too long, what do you guys remember? Do you remember dolly in moonraker having braces? I decided to post here since it was Moonraker that got me on this weird reality trip now this is much much deeper than I am posting here and I encourage everyone to look up the defenition of The Mandela effect , I am excited and very shaken by all this.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The braces thing would have made sense, but I can't say whether or not I remember her having them. Just the glasses and pigtails spring to mind.

I recall reading Jaws' wife in real life was approximately the same height as Dolly, which made the filmmakers more comfortable using such a short actress.

G14Classified
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Interesting, It seems that there are a huge number of people on youtube that could have sworn that she had very obvious braces, even as a kid I remember thinking that lady looks pretty but she needs to remove those braces.

I am curious wreck do you ever remember seeing this logo?

I remember having underwear with this logo as a kid as a number of people online, but apparently the cornucopia never existed. This is a recreation from someones memory.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Some people have a fetish for braces. I suppose it could be argued that they make a person appear younger, or more innocent and cute.

Are people thinking they George Lucas Special Editioned out her braces?

I remember the grapes, but not so much the rest of it. Maybe I never paid much attention to the logos on my undies, hehe. Razz

G14Classified
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Nah man this is a lot lot deeper than special editions or brace fetishes hehe, I asked my parents last night since they used to own a copy of moonraker on vhs, they both said yes, dolly had braces.

And this crazyness applies to many things I really encourage everyone to youtube mandela effect to see if YOU remember something that simply no longer exists. Or vice versa.

zoinkity

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I can't remember clearly if she had braces or not (thought she had outright silver teeth like his, honestly), but totally remember the cornucopia. Pretty sure that was on all their products' packaging prior to the 90's.

G14Classified
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Found proof, check out the third paragraph, this is from BBC

http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-29160096

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Do the BBC...
Do the BBC...
Yeah...
Yeah....
Yeah...

BBC one, BBC two...

Points to those who know what that song is from. Wink

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Non-Gaming Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: