ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

1964 60FPS bundle for GoldenEye/Perfect Dark (2022/01/19)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 51, 52, 53  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Online And Emulation
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Carnivorous

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

polterg00se wrote:
It would be nice to have universal support with mouse injector because there are just soooo many games that is just dying to have this.
Each game takes much time to fully reverse engineer the camera system and multiple player support. Even PD still isn't fully supported as there are some areas which I have not understood [hoverbikes\camspy\slayer]. I simply don't have the time to support other games but I have open sourced the plugin so it's possible for others to add game drivers. Read goldeneye.c and game.c for reference

polterg00se wrote:
Is it possible to use mouse injector for other emulators, specifically for PCSX2
I have posted one a few pages back for TimeSplitters 1. It has issues - PCSX2 has a constant delay for injection despite directly editing memory within the same process. Technically this should have zero lag [e.g. 1964] but for whatever reason PCSX2 lags. This is one of the reasons I've moved on to making the plugin for the other two TimeSplitter games for Dolphin instead of PCSX2

polterg00se
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

gotcha, yeah I understand what you mean now. Consoles have been getting tougher and tougher to work with for emulation, it is no surprise to me. But, keep up what you're doing because it is spot on and it feels completely like the game was made on pc.

deuxsonic
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Upgraded my graphics card, which does actually improve explosion/smoke performance to where there's no framerate hit most of the time unless it's particularly large. Those explosions and smoke take some serious computing power it seems. The games run fairly smooth, but there are still some very short hitches occasionally. I have it cache the shaders which does affect it a little bit but it's still not quite smooth all the time.

PeCho222
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Carnivorous wrote:
polterg00se wrote:
It would be nice to have universal support with mouse injector because there are just soooo many games that is just dying to have this.
Each game takes much time to fully reverse engineer the camera system and multiple player support. Even PD still isn't fully supported as there are some areas which I have not understood [hoverbikes\camspy\slayer]. I simply don't have the time to support other games but I have open sourced the plugin so it's possible for others to add game drivers. Read goldeneye.c and game.c for reference

polterg00se wrote:
Is it possible to use mouse injector for other emulators, specifically for PCSX2
I have posted one a few pages back for TimeSplitters 1. It has issues - PCSX2 has a constant delay for injection despite directly editing memory within the same process. Technically this should have zero lag [e.g. 1964] but for whatever reason PCSX2 lags. This is one of the reasons I've moved on to making the plugin for the other two TimeSplitter games for Dolphin instead of PCSX2

Do you have another thread in another forum where we can download your work for the TS Dolphin mouse injector?

Thank you for your work again by the way. It is awesome to see you constantly updating and supporting it.

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

PeCho222 wrote:
Do you have another thread in another forum where we can download your work for the TS Dolphin mouse injector?

Thank you for your work again by the way. It is awesome to see you constantly updating and supporting it.
I haven't released it, the video was a quick proof of concept to see if dolphin would work. Much like the PCSX2 plugin I need to DLL proxy so I can get access to local memory. I do this because WriteProcessMemory adds some lag to the injection. With linux I could simply use named pipes like SmashBot, but that isn't available for Windows so I'm left with using less reliable methods to inject into Dolphin. I don't know how I will remap button inputs dynamically. If everything goes okay I will release it in a new thread

seaman
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thank you Carnivorous for making this it is awesome.

Is there a way to enable rumble vibration for those of us who prefer to play with a controlller? I assume it can be done by swapping in a different plugin but it is difficult to figure out and it would be nice if the emulator could do this by default. I have tried both nrage plugins provided with the bundle but neither directinput or xinput mode have a force feedback device in the dropdown list. I am using a dualshock 4 with ds4windows making it function as an x360 controller.

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

seaman wrote:
Is there a way to enable rumble vibration for those of us who prefer to play with a controlller? I assume it can be done by swapping in a different plugin but it is difficult to figure out and it would be nice if the emulator could do this by default. I have tried both nrage plugins provided with the bundle but neither directinput or xinput mode have a force feedback device in the dropdown list. I am using a dualshock 4 with ds4windows making it function as an x360 controller.
I don't own a controller so I am unable to help. If N-Rage failed to support vibration then there isn't much that can be done. Try the more modern fork of N-Rage used in current distributions of Project64, it may support your controller. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful

PSA - there is few individuals who are sharing the emulator with unknown changes made to the package. The only place this emulator is being shared is on this forum. If you download it from another site and the hashes do not match the first post - they've been modified and I can't promise they are safe

seaman
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Carnivorous wrote:
I don't own a controller so I am unable to help. If N-Rage failed to support vibration then there isn't much that can be done. Try the more modern fork of N-Rage used in current distributions of Project64, it may support your controller. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful

Looks like the only way to get xinput vibration through nrage is to install something called XBCD but it doesn't support wireless controllers so I'm out of luck. No big deal though.

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The Perfect Dark speedhack has been rewritten into 1964 now. A common issue with the previous version would cause the game to skip ahead a whole minute, this has now been fixed thanks to a bug report by Graslu00. I urge everybody to update

Thank you

madmax386
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

oH, I know that bug all too well, thanks for reporting it Graslu00

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Carnivorous

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I've finished a new HUD texture pack for GoldenEye, it comes with a new crosshair. Comparison - original old new

DF Ank1
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

looking good Smile
Alec: Fate

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
e2zippo
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Carnivorous wrote:
I've finished a new HUD texture pack for GoldenEye, it comes with a new crosshair. Comparison - original old new

That looks very nice, anywhere to download it?

Thanks for your awesome work btw!

e2zippo
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Didn't notice it was included, thanks!

However, it only works with Glide64, as stated in the readme, but GlideN64 runs better for me, would it be possible to include a .htc file for that plugin as well? Thanks!

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

GlideN64 2.0 is not compatible with the texture pack. It has a number of issues if I try to use the texture pack such as breaking font placement or randomly stretching during gameplay.

Newer WIP builds use the texture pack correctly but I find them unstable so I've kept the 2.0 release for now. When GLideN64 is more stable I will update the bundle plugin with the texture pack, but if you'd like to try it out now here is the htc file. Extract this in the plugin folder of 1964 to install, and turn on Texture Enhancement > Texture Pack > Use texture pack in GLideN64 settings.
https://files.catbox.moe/jmumvk.7z

Last edited by Carnivorous on Wed Jul 12, 2017 4:18 am; edited 1 time in total

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Online And Emulation All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 51, 52, 53  Next
Page 29 of 53

Jump to: