ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Laptop Gun In Attack ship?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Carrington's Hacker Central
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rey

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 6:25 pm    Post subject: Laptop Gun In Attack ship? Reply with quote Back to top

Messing around with the PD editor again trying to learn things to hopefully make a custom level in PD when I stumbled on something and I actually don't have an answer for.
Right after you ride the elevator.( the one when you and Elvis ride side by side) You open the yellow door and there is a pad number 001D right in the middle that is a Laptop gun. What is that used for if it's even used at all? Why is it there to begin with. I looked in the action blocks haven't found anything. ( unless I'm blind)
One thing I also noticed off topic though...I thought you could only use 04XX and 10XX....so what the heck is this 0CXX I'm seeing in attack ship as well.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

0CXX should be cinema related, I believe. They are read when you use the cinema menu from the main game menu at the Carrington Institute. They should be 0C01, 0C02 and 0C03. The first being intro, second as special cut scene (if exists), and third for the outro (second if no special scene). Rare had made a minor mistake in Crash Site outro, where Trent Easton would not appear when viewed from that menu. It was one of the few corrections / updates made to version 1.0. Those blocks generally refer to other blocks to save on setup file space, though there are instances where everything is handled within them.

Rey

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

But attack ship doesn't have a mid scene in the level. Also, I'm not getting the whole laptop thing. So it's used as a placement for another level?

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Can you show me a picture of where you mean, from editor?

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Most missions don't have a mid-level cut scene. Block 0C01 is the first cinema, used as your intro. Block 0C02 would be your second scene. Now that could be a special scene shown at some point during the mission, or if that does not apply, your outro. 0C03 is the final scene, if no mid-level scene exists.

Strange about the Laptop Gun. Not sure why it might be there. Sometimes you could find bonus weapons if you perform a certain task, like with accuracy or speed. Perhaps that gun is one of those? Is it a gun, or actual sentry gun model?

Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I've never found a Laptop Gun when playing that level.

Rey

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I get the intro outro but that still leaves one there. I'm going to be checking up on this to. And No It's not a sentry turret. It's the actual weapon itself that's there. The secret weapon there is the Slayer. Which is not to far ahead.
Also I don't know how to put pictures Here. That's why I gave out the preset/pad. Which you open PD editor, attack ship. Goto 001D.
You should be on top of it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Carrington's Hacker Central All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: