ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

CREATING WATER

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Carrington's Hacker Central
View previous topic :: View next topic  
oldyz

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 5:50 pm    Post subject: CREATING WATER Reply with quote Back to top

0llllo here:

can the editor create a room, or an area that has a gas-like value or poison atmosphere value?

does poisoning only happen when standing on top of some tyles and do these tiles affect you only if you temporarily hover over them when falling from a place higher than them?.

either way , i was thinkin that a gameshark code can be made -
there are codes that are called 'conditional' and they only happen to activate if something in the game is happening.

so i was thinking of making a room or a small level with a pool, within this pool 2 things would happen, your vision changes to drunk vision or some modified version of it, if the editor allows, this pool has very faint light that is colored blue, and when you stand on this general pool area, there is water 'noise'.

so this creates 4 triggers that can be exploited

a noise is being heard
illumination around you is unique
vision is affected
a health lowering atmostphere is active

this would create especial conditions for the gameshark code to activate a low falling gravity area, and then if you press an activator button, it would allow you to do a moon jump that only works in the 'pool'

Primitive swimming for PD is made - the only enemies in this water areas are : draining health, and maybe some modified androids that look like sharks and float around but instead of shooting you they have to get close and punch you. mines.

gotta go folks , Idea

MultiplayerX

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:18 am    Post subject: Water injected as a *custom texture* Reply with quote Back to top

It would be possible to inject an altered model with a water texture into the rom on a per room basis but neither PD or GE were coded to simulate such environments. Frigate has a water code but it's built into the levels binary as a set of coordinates via texture *Spread* and animation. Ask Wreck or Subdrag if there's a workaround. Deep Sea and Pelagic II use translucent textures to simulate water areas on the floor etc but to be quote IN or UNDER water could be done possibly with models set to non collision and textured with water images.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I am not 100% sure about PD, but if you have a custom object model using a water texture in GoldenEye, shooting the water will crash the game. You could maybe get away with making the object so you can fire bullets and projectiles through it, which makes sense. But something like the old prop toilet I made, shooting the water does kill the gameplay. Perhaps if it has a non-water hit type, though that would seem like a mistake to players.

In Deep Sea, there is a small pond in the first area you encounter enemies in. You can duck down under the water line, and not drown. Figuring out an action block to simulate that effect could be tricky. Testing player elevation and injuring them periodically, if even possible.

MultiplayerX

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah. Definitely set all your object collision flags to allow everything to pass. I can't remember if that water pond is a model? Maybe you could scale it really big per the room and duplicate it?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Carrington's Hacker Central All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: