ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Is there a way to move and edit polygons in GSE itself?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Mapping and Modelling
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FitterSpace
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:03 am    Post subject: Is there a way to move and edit polygons in GSE itself? Reply with quote Back to top

I'm pretty new to using GSE but I have a pretty ambitious project in mind. I'd like to work on it, but I'm just terrible at map-making. Is there a way to edit triangles and move them around in the visual editor without using blender or whatnot?

Something like this. What would be the easiest way to take the bridges and barriers and move them to a different spot?

MultiplayerX

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

YES. In room position mode select a triangle and right click:

Select allow toggle room changes.

Rooms will be YELLOW now when you select

To change or COMBINE things use triangle tools and select all triangles and once selected you can move to whatever room you want. So if you select say 5 rooms you can move the tris to room 01 and it will be ONE room. Save Project as Save and Rexport rooms to wherever you choose save folder. You must use an UNFLIPPED GE ROM

FitterSpace
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the help! I was able to move around rooms to my liking. Is there a way to move the points on a particular triangle? Like, if I wanted to turn part of a flat surface into a slope or a pointed shape, How would I do that? I've been messing around with disconnecting triangles but I don't know how to select individual triangles to move.

MultiplayerX

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

YES. You need to be in Clipping mode. There you can click on clipping tris to raise or lower them, etc. You can rotate them or their sequence as well. GE is much harder to make work right dye to each clipping tri has to match the corresponding color I believe to walk back on forth. Keep in mind too on LADDERS don't do your clipping 100% straight up and down. GE needs a small angle to recognize it as a steep incline. THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS STRAIGHT LADDER CLIPPING IN GE. Wink Always RAMP your vertice tris where you want the player to climb up or down. GE is touchy.

**Note** Remember to save any mode you make changes to things as Save the .bin. Clipping, background, etc. You ll need to Inject all changes to your ROM. OR you can save as Project and re export etc.

FitterSpace
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the replies. I really appreciate it!

Also, the newest Windows 10 update apparently came with a 3D modeling program that can open up .3mf and .obj files, so that should be useful for making goldeneye maps.

DF Ank1
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I also suggest using Cinema4D or 3DSMax/Softimage XSI
Alec: Fate

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

To move triangles around...

Select the pieces in Edit Room Positions mode (hold CTRL to select more than one triangle), right-click on one of them, highlight Triangle Tools in the menu, and click on Move Triangle Coordinates at the bottom. A window will open, and you can choose how much to move them all by X, Y and Z. A feature I use often when customizing things.

To edit individual points in a triangle...

Right-click on a triangle, and click on Open Vertice Menu. A new window will appear, with information about that triangle. You can modify the X, Y and Z coordinates, the U / V texturing, and the Red / Green / Blue / Alpha shading. The Editor shows each point on the triangle with a colour (RGB), and that's how you know which is which in the menu. Another incredibly useful window.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Mapping and Modelling All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: