ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Perfect Dark Plus D.R Caroll and Skedar animations needed

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Carrington's Hacker Central
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jim102
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 5:05 pm    Post subject: Perfect Dark Plus D.R Caroll and Skedar animations needed Reply with quote Back to top

Hello! I have just tested out the new mod and when the characters get hurt they don`t growl or make their appropriate sounds.

Another fact so when D.R.Caroll is moving it makes walking sound it should not make noise.

For the skedar it should make its own noise mouvments.

I do not find elsewhere you already talked about that if there is already a topic on it.

Thank you.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm not sure these things can be changed...

In Combat Simulator mode, all characters use the same set of animations. Walking, running, crouching, ducking, single weapon, dual weapons, two-handed weapon, deaths, etc. The same is likely for walking sounds. All characters would share the sets for various types of surfaces (stone, carpet, snow, dirt, etc).

As for the noises they make when injured, I am not certain how that works right now. Human male and female are supported, as are Maian. It's possible that these other characters could be setup to use their appropriate sounds. We will need to look into it. Could be part of a table that determines which sound sets the character ID uses.

pavarini
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Changing the character type for those models does fix the issue you describe, but they cause other problems. For the skedar the wrists will always be pointing in a different direction, and Dr. Caroll will softlock the game when killed.

jim102
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

In the past I had discovered a website which used gameshaark codes to put into project 64 and it worked for me couple of times. The website was changed now maybe to correct the code issues. Made by Krijy.

It allows to use a gameshark code to give playable skedar by simulants.

They run like Skedar, they roar like Skedar and they die like Skedar!

When they die they become black and disappear. If you change anything about the character(skedar but not visible)game will crash.

https://gamehacking.org/game/20733

Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Personally, I'm really happy with PD Plus's implementation of Dr. Carroll and the Skedar, but improvement is always nice, and knowing Wreck, he'll probably not be happy until the sounds and animation are 100% anyway.

It's interesting to see another great hack by Krijy. I mainly remember his name because of the superb hacks he made to allow you to play multiplayer in the single player levels, and the Crash Site multiplayer map he made. He was really talented, what happened to him?

jim102
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I do not know Krijy better than you. I just know he made that possible with skedars with his codes. I forgot to tell you he had codes for the skedar kings and mini skedars in his website in the past. I have thought refering to his website in order to get his codes should help.

He seems to be the key for this.

Here it is!!!! Finally found out his website:

http://www.goldeneyeforever.com/perfectdark.htm

Go there you will see what I talk about. It is there! I am so happy I found it!!!

Why noone attached a sticker to this website? It is important.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The problem is that, with the codes, only Skedar can be used in Combat Simulator for the Simulants. Any humanoid characters will be floating above the ground with their legs split and arms out. This is due to how Rareware designed the game mode. All characters use the same predetermined animations. Humans and Skedar can not use the same correctly, as their body types are constructed differently. What Pavarini did was very cleverly modify the Skedar to use a human body type, so it would be compatible with the regular animations used in Combat Simulator. So it actually behaves just like any human, yet still moves and looks great.

We can't use normal Skedar, because of Rare's own game code. What Pavarini crafted is probably the best it can ever be.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Carrington's Hacker Central All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: