ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Perfect Dark Plus...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Carrington's Hacker Central
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SATURN_81
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I forget yesterday to give another idea for this patch, is to include the Moonreaker Laser and replace it with the PD laser. The Moonreaker Laser is a weapon that seems more futuristic for PD. I'm not going to ask for another GE weapon for this patch.

I was supposed to say something about using other plugins. What is the Glide version that you use with Project64 and what configuration do you have with this plugin? What version of Glide do you use and where do you download it?

Wreck I do not know if I understand this well I'm going to say. Firstly, if you use the Project64 emulator with the Jabo 1.6.1 graphic plugin and a Perfect Dark unmodified (or no patch applied) rom, you can see the skies correctly without the "blurrines" effect (when you look at the sky, it reflects Thousands of times the last texture you looked at), and you can even make use of the cam-spy, Drug-spy, Bomb-spy, night vision goggles and IR-scaner.

However once a patch is applied to a PD rom all these problems appear. Why does this issue arise during the creation or just after a patch has been applied? Is there any way I can correct it with the editor when someone is creating a mod or a patch?

Mods like GE-X are still affected by this, and sometimes you have to change another plugin as a solution. I would always use the same if possible.

What I want with this is to be able to give a suggestion where it seems that a root problem resides and that to fix it would be a definitive solution for future patches or mods.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The root problem is emulation. They tend to rely on checksums of the ROM, and as soon as you make certain changes to a game, that checksum changes. So now it doesn't read that modified ROM as the same game, anymore. You need to physically update configuration files inside your emulator directory. I try to give out that info for GoldenEye X with each release.

I'm not sure which version of Glide I use. One of them won't run on my computer, though. I am currently away from home, so I am unable to check.

I don't plan on replacing anything in Perfect Dark, but only add onto it. Switching out the PD wrist laser with GE's Moonraker Laser is a drastic change. Not something I would personally want to do. But if someone else really wants to, they are welcome to do so.

Beatlemaniac19
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This patch is incredible! Bravo. Now we have the definitive version of Perfect Dark, not the 360 version Smile.

I do have a request. One of my favorite game types in GoldenEye is You Only Live Twice. Perfect Dark doesn't have a mode like this (a deathmatch with a lives counter played until last man standing). Can you add this mode to Perfect Dark Plus and GoldenEye X? Adding the amount of lives per character would be great too. It's the one thing keeping Perfect Dark multiplayer from being "perfect".

I know that there may be a technical hurdle to do this, but please let me know if you have any plans to implement this.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thank you! I am glad to hear you're enjoying it. Smile

You Only Live Twice in PD...
Well, I am not sure about that one. Is there any scenario in PD where a player is denied re-entry into a match? That is a necessary component. Also, figuring out how to prevent Simulants from respawning after their set number of deaths would be difficult.

I've had some more ideas about the current "Classic" map in progress. I am striving to make it feel like it belongs somewhere in PD, while remaining quite true to the original. It's going to take a bit of time, though a couple rooms are nearly complete.

Sogun
General
General

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I finally had the chance to try this and the additons to the originial PD are superb.

Caves feels like it was originally themed that way and the addition of some railings avoiding impossible jumps feels very natural too and makes the level play a little different from the GE:X version.

Skedar and Dr Caroll also feel like it was something Rare had hidden in the rom and you guys just rescued it.
My only complain is the Skedar POV when it kneels. The first person view goes way down and it doesn't match the model. Not sure if this can be fixed. I love the skedar's crawling animation BTW.

I wonder if we can add to this patch the content from other patches like Pavarini's Perfect Dark XBLA mp3s and 00 Dark's All solo in multi.

Very great job guys!

SATURN_81
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

SPANISH:

es cierto lo que dices Sogun, con el Skedar la vista en primera persona es algo extraña cuando estas agachado. no creo que haya podido ser eso un error durante la creacion del Skedar para Combat Simulator, ya que si jugamos en el modo Solo, podemos ver como a los Skedar les llegan los brazos casi al suelo, y si se ponen a dispararnos los brazos estaran todavia mas cerca del suelo.

eso si por otro lado me gusta que el Skedar tenga en Combat simulator la altura de Mr.Blonde.

y por ultimo, ojala la cabeza Skedar pudiera ser cambiada al igual que el resto de caracteres.

ENGLISH:

It is true what you say Sogun, with Skedar the sight in first person is something strange when you are crouched. I do not think that could have been a mistake during the creation of Skedar for Combat Simulator, because if we play in Solo mode, we can see how the Skedar reach their arms almost to the ground, and if they start firing, Still closer to the ground.

That if on the other hand I like that the Skedar has in Combat simulator the height of Mr.Blonde.

And lastly, hopefully the Skedar head could be changed just like the rest of the characters.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Skedar and Dr. Caroll are definitely specialty characters, which Pavarini did an excellent job of modifying to use the human body type rig (because believe it or not, the Combat Simulator characters all share the same sets of animations). I don't think switching heads would be a simple process, and would just look weird, anyway. As for the POV when you crouch, I believe that is automatically supported by the game. Probably something like "duck = 2/3rd POV value, crouch = 1/2 POV value" of your standard height. Not a thing you'd likely have any control over, or at least not on a case by case basis.

I may end up adding some mission based levels to Combat Simulator, but not too soon. I don't want to simply reuse other peoples work for that, as I have my own methods when it comes to multiplayer setups. Hehe, remember that's really what I started with back in the old days of GoldenEye hacking, so I have quite a bit of experience there.

AL64inthedark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Really impressive work from all the people responsible for that mod.
I'm especially impressed by the playable Skedar, which was for a very long time considered impossible to do.

I love it that things thought impossible become reality, thanks to the hard work and talents hanging around here.

SATURN_81
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck think about using solo levels of GE or PD for combat simulator?

Of GE I would like them to be:
-Frigate
-Archives
-Caverns

Of PD I would like them to be:
- Villa Carrington:
 In this level I would like that the roofs could be made accessible so that they could climb them and climb so that they could fall into the courtyards of the buildings.
-Deep Sea:
 In this case I would like the version of Multiplayer-X with the active teleportals.

Another idea is to play from the Cheat Menu an option that says: Play as Skedar in Solo.

It is a good idea and one of the best to include new playable characters. I would like to include more characters, but it seems that in PD there are not many more to choose unless it is decided in the future to include Skedar-King and the "Chicago Patrol Robot." I do not think you are going to include some character not belonging to the world of GE or PD for now.

What would you think in your mod include a kind of Robot like the movie Robocop? I think you can remodel a Skedar organism and place in each hand instead of claws, a Dronegun. This would be the definitive machine maybe for PD.

mistamontiel

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wow , I just noticed that the Duel bonus mission is omitted from counter-operative in Perfect Dark ={

Very nice work !

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I know I said I needed to put this on hold and get back to GE-X, which I still intend on doing, but I've been putting in a fair amount of work on the newest Classic map. It's really coming along well, and full areas are now getting near completion. Certainly nicer than just a chunk here and a chunk there. I'll see if I can upload a preview pic or two tomorrow night, if possible. It may give away which GE map it is, but I hope you'll feel that it belongs someplace else in Perfect Dark altogether.

ED-209 from RoboCop in PD? That would be pretty wild.

00action
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This is a great mod i love the caves map it looks so different.
Are you still going to give us a sneak peek at the new level or are you going to wait for release Smile
https://www.twitch.tv/00action

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, I do intend to show some preview shots. I need to either install an FTP program on the laptop, or move my older PC closer to the modem and hope I still have an Ethernet cable around. I forgot to grab my fifty foot one when moving, which sucks. That's why I have not been able to upload any pics or other files since the move.

In other news, SubDrag has been attempting to give Dr. Caroll and the Skedar their proper injury sounds. He has sent me files to test out tonight. I'll post when there are positive results to share.

killedbyurmom
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I was playing Perfect Dark + the other day and it was interesting to see a Skedar sprawl out like a human when shot lol.
I also noticed the death animation of Dr. Carol and it was very true to the main campaign death animation. I just wonder if a small explosion could be added to his death animation (small like a Phoenix Gun explosion). He explodes in the campaign. The explosion could actually hurt the opposing player if they got too close.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I think a potential issue with that could be, if the player who is controlling Dr. Caroll were to respawn at the same time he explodes, that it would injure or kill them. It's a neat feature, but it may be both problematic and difficult to implement.

Yeah, it is extremely surprising just how well these characters move around and act using the human animations. Feels quite natural for them.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Carrington's Hacker Central All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: