ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Your Ideas on Updating GE...
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AL64inthedark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Facility gards inside the toilets should be sitting. After 33 years of experience beeing a human, I can confirm it is best done that way.
Staying still in front of the toilet isn't the best way to achieve the task.

Trevor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Unfortunalty they cannot sit down in that senario due to a limitation on their animation.

When they sit in PD, they are actually located in the chair, when they "stand" their legs move to under them (as oposed to real humans that are rooted by our feet, therefor when we stand up, we move forward over the top of our feet)
To avoid the guard becoming stuck the object moves backward out of the way.
If the object cannot move it is destroyed.

The toilets in Facility are BG and if they were made objects they would always be destroyed by the simple fact they would not move.

Trev

Fillerthefreak
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

A rather minor idea. But maybe return disarm, and balance it by making it so only the taser-boy is able to do such a function.

That way. You can have disarm, but you can "disable" it by removing the taser in a multiplayer match.

Trevor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I might be mistaken filler but I beleve that is already the case.

Trev

pavarini
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yes it is.

Also about the sitting animation, you could make it so the root of the guard is in front of the toilet so they are sitting completely off from center. Of course this would be a one-time use animation exclusive to toilets, and would require some blocks to setup (think rooftop snipers). But this may introduce more problems than it's worth.

Fillerthefreak
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sorry to bump the thread, but I noticed something that I thought was odd with GoldenEye X, this also happens in the N64 game, on an emulator, at least. Don't have a TV anymore, so I can't bust out the N64 to see.

It seems like the railings in Depot have 2 different settings of alpha (That's what it's called?) One that is 100% visible, another is almost not.

Below is how it looks when it's viable, then almost not, and the third is a reference on where the railings exactly are.

I assume it was never noticed because of how hard it is to see, also the fact that the N64's screen-res isn't that good, so even then, would of been hard to see at all on console.

pavarini
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Which emulator/plugin are you using? This is what SoftGraphic shows 1 2

Fillerthefreak
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Using the default one provided with Project 64 1.6.1.

I assume it's just an graphics plugin bug, then.

oldyz

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Olll0 here

this last 15th of september, i decided to download the patch & play w some friends...

we where to enjoy a nice session of what they call "super-goldeneye"

the latest patch is a huge multiplayer improvement compared to the original experience - with 2 exceptions

Frigate was cool, until we realized that there was no outside, ended up feeling too claustrophobic

& - we where not fond of the removal of the disarm function -

Disarm is the great equalizer, even more so if the blurry vision is left intact -

it's what allows a player that is not lucky enough to re-spawn near cool weapons to have a fighting chance against luckier opponents-
Its what James Bond would do if he where stuck in a tricky situation.

that said ,in the next few days i'm making an attempt to fix that - at least for the ROM that i will use -
The idea is that normal punch will stay normal, & no dizzy effect -
BUT-
disarm punch will be slower, heck - it will feature (if possible) the old Karate chop animation, this powerful secondary Karate chop will be slower, but powerful enough to make you dizzy & make you 'drop' your weapon-

As for the rest of the weapons, if they don't have a secondary function, they should feature a meelee attack, where you hit people with the butt of the weapon, example Vanilla goldeneye featured an unarmed mode where you hit people with the butt of the sniper rifle (if you had it), That should be its secondary function - i know the PD equivalent to sniper rifle had, for some weird reason, the secondary function of making your character crouch, but in vanilla GE all you had to do is crouch with a previous weapon 1st and then use sniper in 'crouch mode' - now -
A meelee function for the sniper rifle should be a must, since the riffle is not that good @ close closed quarters combat (shooting rate is slow, recharge animation is probably slow too) a meele attack gives you a good chance to get away & change weapons or tactics ALSO
sniper rifle meelee attacks should definitely make you dizzy, since -you know- you are getting hit with a blunt wooden-metal object -
one thing i am curious about, is there a way to make the game make you dizzy depending of where you are hit?
I know for a fact that headshots give you more damage, can we make the game detect a "head HIt'' or "head punch" and have it activate blurry vision then & ONLY then?

daniel316
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 6:59 pm    Post subject: Update Reply with quote Back to top

Could control and depot be made multiplayer maps? You can even remove the doors on control to fit the whole map

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I wrote a response regarding Control in your other thread, but I will comment on Depot here. The framerate on the mission in single player mode already has its moments. I believe coop mode will feel some strong effects, as well. While it would be a decent map, it just is too much for the N64 to handle with additional players.

Johnny Thunder
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I have ideas, but I'm not sure

That Trevelyan at the Facility level has a Silenced PP7 instead of the D5K

That the Surface level has the beta pines that it did not have

That Surface 2 has the blue sky instead of red, as in the movie

That Frigate is now called Destroyer (if you want)

That the Train level has the Beta image of where Natalya is captured

A possible idea would be that the Aztec and Egyptian levels, the Bond suit be blue, as in streets, or white, as the unused suit

Visit my youtube channel:
Johnny Thunder: The Revenger

Visit My discord:
Afterwards Studios

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: