ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

1964 60FPS bundle for GoldenEye/Perfect Dark (2022/01/19)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 51, 52, 53  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Online And Emulation
View previous topic :: View next topic  
e2zippo
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Carnivorous wrote:
GlideN64 2.0 is not compatible with the texture pack. It has a number of issues if I try to use the texture pack such as breaking font placement or randomly stretching during gameplay.

Newer WIP builds use the texture pack correctly but I find them unstable so I've kept the 2.0 release for now. When GlideN64 is more stable I will update the bundle plugin with the texture pack, but if you'd like to try it out now here is the htc file. Extract this in the plugin folder of 1964 to install, and turn on Texture Enhancement > Texture Pack > Use texture pack.
https://files.catbox.moe/jmumvk.7z

Thanks man! I'm already using the latest WIP build, haven't noticed any crashes yet, but I haven't played for that long.

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

e2zippo wrote:
Thanks man! I'm already using the latest WIP build, haven't noticed any crashes yet, but I haven't played for that long.
Can you link me the particular build you're using?

e2zippo
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Carnivorous wrote:
e2zippo wrote:
Can you link me the particular build you're using?

This is the one.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0YqMPjGo3B2azlIdVFXd3pfTG8/view

No new builds since February, afaik.

However, I can't get the texture pack to load?

I've made sure it's on the same folder as the .dat file, and texture pack option is on in the settings.

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I did get it to load but it suffers the same issues as 2.0. These are the settings I used.

e2zippo
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, got them to load now as well, but you're right, they're not aligned correctly. Will stay with Glide64 ftm then Smile

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The timing glitch when loading state has been fixed, among other improvements. Please update - thank you

AL64inthedark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

While beeing at a hospital few weeks ago, I had great fun playing with mouse and Keyboard since I didn't had gamepad. So I just wanted to drop a little "thanks" for creating this.

Plus I discovered that since it's made for PD, it's way easier to use this to test the content I create for that game. For a very long time I did it on Project 64, testing with gamepad, but I had to setup all the things every **** time since the rom wasn't recognised by PJ64.

Now I'll use that emulator for testing purpose. It really makes my life easier as a modder. So, thank you for that.

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks, I appreciate your kind words - it's built to use internal gamename instead of CNCs for settings so it's easier to test mods with.

AL64inthedark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I think it would be a good idea to add a line of text about that on the first post, because it's a welcomed feature for our community. It's a very good secondary effect for us. Maybe after that part :

Quote:
This emulator is primarily made for GoldenEye and Perfect Dark and their ROM hacks. It has poor ROM support outside of these games. All the tweaks I've made only benefit GE & PD.

Something like "which makes it perfect to test modifications you do to those 2 games because that emulator doesn't require you modify the setup for them to launch, it does it automatically since it looks for internal filename".

It's really a big time saver feature. Not the mention how mad you can become when trying things that don't work well, and every time on PJ64 you have to set everything again. After dozens of time, I started to get angry about that.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

That is extremely helpful. Nearly every time you make a little change to the ROM, you have to update the settings in PJ64. It becomes an annoyance very quickly. Using the internal name is a far better method.

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'll mention it then. I did have an issue with your Perfect Dark+ patch as it broke the detection. I would rather use something more hardcoded but I don't know the memory well enough to use something reliable.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well, that's mostly my fault. Most people don't bother to alter any of the header information for their mods. Even I don't do it very often. Only GoldenEye X and Perfect Dark Plus, as I wanted them to be their own unique games. It is something you need to do manually, and I doubt most people releasing mods give it much thought.

Are you using the full internal game name, or product ID code (NGEE / NPDE)?

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm using the game name. The exact code is (!strcmp(currentromoptions.Game_Name, "Perfect Dark") || !strcmp(currentromoptions.Game_Name, "GoldenEye X") || strstr(currentromoptions.Game_Name, "Perfect")) which is what I use. I would prefer to use a memory signature instead of gamename.

Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the update, Carnivorous, your hard work is really appreciated.

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Online And Emulation All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 51, 52, 53  Next
Page 30 of 53

Jump to: