ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Beta Perfect Dark Guards in Final PD ROM
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Carrington's Hacker Central
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pavarini
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

No, they've changed the game to the point where it no longer retains the structure of the original rom

Omegacop_jp
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

If you go to this website(the link below), and check the gallery of all the BETA screenshots and drawings, you can see there is a drawing of the BETA Area 51 Guard.

http://www.unseen64.net/2008/04/04/perfect-dark-n64-beta/

Area 51 BETA Guard

AL64inthedark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

SubDrag wrote:
OK the other interesting thing, I finally got the CtestchrZ (Guard 0070) ripped with textures (ignore the shading, it's ignored here).

The character is clearly an early version of Trent, but there are a lot of oddities. The pose is different, hi res only, embedded "head", the split is different, ties a little bigger, it's also 50x smaller than regular guards (enlarged here for comparisons sake); it seems like something in between GoldenEye and Perfect Dark, or maybe just in between trying different poses. Not sure what happened to the face. In game it doesn't work much, the matrices seem all off and you get weird parts.

The texture of the head is ever so minorly different, almost like, the final one was resized with a different filter. But basically the same.

http://goldeneyevault.com/priv/CtestchrZmodelrip.zip

There's a little thing that isn't mentioned and I just discovered. All the textures of the suit and hands that are embedded for that 070 Testchr are 256 colors.
Really proved that it was a the beginning of the development.
A few textures benefited from a higher resolution, going from 32x32 to 48x32.

It makes quite some space that is wasted on the rom then. Around 100 or 156 ko uncompressed on my hard drive.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Carrington's Hacker Central All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: