ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Distinguishing between neutral and enemy units for objective

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
K1lo
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 3:27 pm    Post subject: Distinguishing between neutral and enemy units for objective Reply with quote Back to top

Hi guys,

How are neutral / scientist entities identified in the game? I was poking around facility and it seems to me most (all?) scientist have action block 040D.

When setting this for normal soldiers they behave like scientists / neutral units - great. However killing all these newly neutral units doesn't fail the minimise non-military casualties objective.

As an experiment I set all guards to block 040D and all scientists to block 0002. Killing action block 0002 entities still fails the objective whilst I can kill all the block 040D entities without penalty.

Any pointers on what am I missing? Shocked

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

If no one else chimes in, I will check it out after Summerslam is over. Pretty sure it gets set in another action block. Gives them a certain type that is read for the "civilians killed" action, and is ID based.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

For Facility, I believe it is action block 1008. Action A0 sets a special value per scientist ID. They use "00100000" for each of them. It also tests for the number of those character types killed, and if so, fail objective #5.

Action block 1000 also sets something on a few, using action 97, but if I remember correctly, it is so those particular scientists can type at consoles (another action block tests if this value is set, and if so, use various animations).

In Silo, it is block 1005.
Caverns is block 1004.

Hostages should follow the same formula, and are setup in Frigate block 1007.

K1lo
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hmm not sure if I completely understand. This is a level action block rather than an entity action block? If so, do I need to modify some list of guard IDs for the level?

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Those action blocks set a special type on the character IDs of each scientist / hostage, using the action number A0. You can change the ID to be anyone you want, remove some of them (delete from list), or add more for additional scientists / hostages. Rare just happened to also include the objective test directly after these.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: