ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

GE-X 5e Patch Released! @ 12-24-16
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 38, 39, 40 ... 62, 63, 64  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X
View previous topic :: View next topic  
killedbyurmom
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

If we COULD somehow maximize just the control main room and minimize lag as well as we can...I believe that one room could be an awesome firefight room with plenty to hid and take cover behind. Also, you would have 2 levels to gain high ground on your opponent.. Perfect for king of the hill, capture the flag, etc.. Imagine that room with Sims running around with automatics.. Sheer chaos!
In another note...how is the dam coming along?

AL64inthedark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Personally, I'm thinking of Control in multiplayer without the main room since the machine will always have trouble to manage that + lots of action.

Beatlemaniac19
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This is completely unrelated, but I just heard the uncompressed versions of GoldenEye tracks and they sound AMAZING! You can find a playlist on YouTube just by searching for GoldenEye 007 uncompressed, if you haven't heard the tracks.

This got me thinking, would you guys consider swapping out these tracks with the original compressed versions? It's something I'm on the fence about because they do sound amazing, but there are only like seven tracks so it would sound weird compared to the rest of the original soundtrack.

AL64inthedark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The guy who did them made the promotion of them on this forum, the thread is here
http://www.shootersforever.com/forums_message_boards/viewtopic.php?t=7111

I think we almost have them all, if not all of them in high quality now.

The Renegadist
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

But there is no way we can get them in the game, if Rare couldn't get the uncompressed soundtracks into the game then we definitely won't be able to.

AL64inthedark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I don't have a clue about the technical aspect, but some people hanging around here have the knowledge.
But for sure, a reason for Rare to compress them is to have the lower cartridge size possible. It doesn't mean it is not technically possible.

We know that the tracks could have been longer, but musicians didn't have a clue that people could stay in the level for dozens of minutes. I think it is Greame that asked Martin Hollis how much time a track should be, and he said "about a minute", so they did 1 minute tracks.
They would have made longer tracks if they knew we could stay in a level for quite some time.

Beatlemaniac19
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

There was a post on GoldenEye Vault about being able to import MP3s into a Perfect Dark rom. Since GoldenEye X is a mod of a Perfect Dark rom I thought it should be able to work for this mod. However, I am not technical so I may be oversimplifying it.

Here's the link: http://www.goldeneyevault.com/viewfile.php?id=311

pavarini
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

PD can only play a single 22050hz, mono MP3 at once. It doesn't loop well and with guard dialog it would cut it off.

Last edited by pavarini on Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

AL64inthedark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

What about the instruments used for the midi soundtrack. Are they at the highest frequency possible ?

pavarini
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You would start experiencing dropouts with instruments if there are multiple weapons firing at the same time.

killedbyurmom
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Any chance for a small update soon? Looking forward to that watch detonator Very Happy

Johnny Thunder
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

killedbyurmom wrote:
Any chance for a small update soon? Looking forward to that watch detonator Very Happy

Be patient, be patient, better wait a little longer. Wink

Visit my youtube channel:
Johnny Thunder: The Revenger

Visit My discord:
Afterwards Studios

connery as bond
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't excited to try Silo and Caverns in the Perfect Dark engine.
- Mt. Hochkonig
- TBA

00lucan00
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I have to say -- I've been quietly enjoying this romhack and sharing it with my friends, yet never bothered reaching out to its community.

I think you guys are amazing for making this, and I have to thank you for making what is quite easily the greatest romhack ever. Between this, Perfect Dark, and TimeSplitters, I'm more than a happy camper when it comes to FPS games.

I've had more fun with this patch than I have most of the AAA titles I've bought. You guys are doing everything right in my books!

AL64inthedark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

connery as bond wrote:
I'd be lying if I said I wasn't excited to try Silo and Caverns in the Perfect Dark engine.

Cavern, me too. I wonder if gards seeing above rails will make it really more interesting.

Silo ? It's there already... Facility !

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 38, 39, 40 ... 62, 63, 64  Next
Page 39 of 64

Jump to: