ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Entity health and armour

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
K1lo
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:23 am    Post subject: Entity health and armour Reply with quote Back to top

Hi all, does anyone know how to modify health and armour of entities? I've been digging through the hex and looking for differences between (for example) a standard Moonraker soldier and Jaws in Aztec but I can't find anything to distinguish their health / armour.

I'm assuming this must be stored elsewhere, but I haven't seen where - anyone any ideas?

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Anyone who doesn't have standard health and no armour have it set in an action block (should be 04XX type, I believe). If you look up the action block that the Jaws character uses, you will see that he has some "upgrades" to make him tougher. I'd suggest opening up the Aztec setup in the GoldenEye Setup Editor, as it shows pretty well all the info you need. Nearly two decades of knowledge have been crammed into that thing, after all. Wink

<8B>
8B.xxxx sets GUARD offset 0xEC hearing distance
The higher the value, the further away they will be able to hear gunfire from.
<8C>
8C.xx sets GUARD offset 0xD0 visible distance
The smaller the value, the less far they can see. 01 have to be right at guard to see.
<8D>
8D.xx sets GUARD offset 0x10 Set Guard Grenade Probability
Set it to FF, the guard will toss grenades constantly
<8E>
8E.## set current guard's ID#
<8F>
8F.xxxx sets guard health
Default health for guards is 28 hex (40 decimal)
<90>
90.xxxx sets guard body armour amount
ie: blue beret = 0050
red beret = 003C
black beret = 0014
<91>
91.xx sets GUARD offset 0x3 Set Guard Reaction Speed
Same setting as with 007 Mode
<92>
92.xx sets GUARD offset 0xD Set Character Injury Recovery Time
Example is 64, to only do some frames of animation and come right back
<93>
93.xx sets GUARD offset 0x2 Guard Accuracy

K1lo
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

That's a fascinating way of doing it.. thank you so much for explaining it Very Happy .. however since I'm planning on releasing a new version for tomorrow I think I'll delay this until a future build.

I generally do a combination of hex editing, trial and error and experimenting with the Setup Editor. I did look for this but couldn't work out from the Editor alone Wink

Thanks Wreck, really appreciate you taking the time to explain these things to me.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

No problem. Glad I can help out. Your project is really interesting and has the potential to grow into something great. Anything to bring more replay value to my favourite game is welcome here with open arms.

For future changes to guards, so they have enhanced health / armour, you can create an action block for them and set it in their character block. You could start them at like "0480" and increment from there. Just make sure you set them to a proper block inside. Usually 0002 or 0005 is standard guards. But if they require a special block (like for a path, kneeling behind a crate, activating an alarm on sight, etc.), make sure you send them back to it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: