ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

GoldenEye 007 is 20 years old today!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye 007
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jmm review
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:10 am    Post subject: GoldenEye 007 is 20 years old today! Reply with quote Back to top

https://youtu.be/PzvgEOq9fqQ

Hi Everyone, saying as it is GoldenEye's 20 anniversary today I decided to start up a playthrough using what I think is the best emulator you can get. My plan is to upload a new level every day for at least the next week so keep an eye out for more levels.

https://youtu.be/XisD3Kj6HEU
In this video I explain how to get Stolens version of 1964 working but I must warn you there is a false positive virus that I explain in the video. I also talk about the Carnivorous version of the game which can be found here
http://www.shootersforever.com/forums_message_boards/viewtopic.php?t=7045

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hi jmm review

Greats videos, I'm glad that someone has finally cleared up the rumors surrounding stolen. As for the virus claims, they are directly related to the use of Write/ReadProcessMemory functions used by stolen. I encountered the same sort of false positives which was one of the reasons for using direct memory injection. As for the texture support, I can say that my fork does support HD textures providing you replace cache\GOLDENEYE_HIRESTEXTURES.dat and Glide64.ini. It also comes with HD text replacement by default providing you change the video plugin to Glide64. The comparison you showed is really just Jabo 1.6.1 Vs Glide64 Final, not really the emulator's themselves.

Cheers

jmm review
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hi Carnivorous! Thanks for all the hard work, my video has now been made unlisted because it is inaccurate. I honestly tired everything I could to get the HD textures working but I will be the first to admit I am not very good with this stuff.

I did change the plugin to Glide64 but I will try and find out what I was doing wrong and maybe remake the video.

Last edited by jmm review on Sat Aug 26, 2017 3:05 am; edited 1 time in total

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The texture pack may use different settings for texture enhancement, which is why it may have failed to load. To ensure you use the correct settings, copy Glide64.ini from your \1964\plugins\ directory and replace it with the one used in my bundle. Then copy the contents from \1964\plugins\cache\ over and replace the folder in my bundle. If the texture pack is a bunch of loose files located inside \1964\plugins\hires_texture\ then copy the hires_texture directory to the plugins folder of my bundle. If you have any other issues feel free to ask here or in the 1964 thread.

Edit: Just a quick note, I noticed you are playing with the wrong ratio settings for your LP. You can change it to 16:9 under the watch menu options.

jmm review
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks I'll be sure and try that first, trust me it's not a problem with the programme this is a user issue Rolling Eyes

Thanks for the tip on the widescreen I'll check that out too!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye 007 All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: