ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

License to Kill Mode...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye 007
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 1:04 pm    Post subject: License to Kill Mode... Reply with quote Back to top

After watching all the DLTK mode mission completions on YouTube (insane stuff), I decided to try my hand at regular LTK. For those of you who are not familiar with this, it's basically playing on the 007 difficulty setting and adjusting the enemy stats...

Their health goes to 0%, while the rest of their starts are maxed out. Damage 1000%, Accuracy 100%, and Reaction Speed 100%. This means that being struck by a single bullet is usually enough to kill anyone (including yourself). However, you can survive an attack from the Klobb (even at 10x the strength, it still sucks!), and wearing full armour can prevent your death from the first hit. If you've completed the mission campaign on 00 Agent mode and want a really good challenge, this is worth a try.

Up to now, I have been able to complete 13/20 levels. Yesterday, the 20th Anniversary of the game, I finished five of them. A quarter of the campaign. Must have been good luck. Certain missions have random spawn locations for guards, which can become quite frustrating. Other elements can also mess up your run (drone guns, enemy animations, your own clumsiness, cloned guards, and being too noisy). So a mission that could prove troublesome for one, may be much easier for another. Such as Dam, which I personally beat on my first attempt, while Runway kicked my butt for a while.

Anybody else here been playing LTK mode and kept track of their records? I know 00action has, and is really quite good. I have watched a few of his videos. Very impressive player.

(I will update with my times when I have them handy)

Dam - 11:48
Facility - 07:26
Runway - 01:17
Bunker i - 06:02
Silo - 08:03
Frigate - 05:38
Surface ii - 02:12
Bunker ii - 10:07
Statue - 03:16
Archives - 02:31
Depot - 02:47
Cradle - 01:10
Aztec - 10:11
Egyptian - 01:55

I am more concerned with completion itself, and not going for a fast time. Perhaps I could go back and improve, but I don't plan to any time soon.

-------------------------

Notes of joy, anger and fear...

I actually beat Depot in 01:40, but the rolling explosions stopped somewhere in the middle of the weapons cache. When I stepped into the train and no end cinema played, I knew I got screwed. That bloody drone gun also knocked me around like a ping pong ball.

In Aztec, I lured Jaws over toward the hallways that lead up to the exhaust bay, so the spawned guards (who show up after his death) would appear far enough away to not be an issue. At the very end, waiting for the timer to reach zero, a guard came around the corner. I could not fire, as the screen was fading out, and he shot at me. Well, thankfully it didn't hit me, but it gave me a real moment of fright.

At the end of Runway, I misplaced my last timed mine, and it didn't destroy the missile battery. I quickly equipped a hand grenade, held the fire button for a few seconds, threw it toward the battery, and it blew it up. If I hadn't picked any up, I would be forced to restart.

Last edited by Wreck on Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:50 pm; edited 1 time in total

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Just completed Silo LTK. Boy, was that an experience. Other than the few spots where guards can cheat a bit (firing at you through walls, ceilings, even consoles), it is a very enjoyable and challenging mission. Taking out Ourumov from down in the fuel room is a huge help, since his accuracy is already very good on 00 Agent. You can't stop to take much of a breather, since the timer forces you to keep going. That's just one more nerve-racking factor that makes this a pretty intense offering. Now 14/20.

AL64inthedark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Does that make them explodes object faster ? Because that can happen at a certain room with consoles quite often. Well, especially in Ge:X since they shoot from rails.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm not sure if that's just damage done to characters / Bond, or if it extends to objects, as well. Don't know if anyone has ever really commented about that, so it's a good question.

I know guards in GE-X seem to blow stuff up more often than in the original, which can prove problematic in some situations. The GoldenEye satellite can be a victim of this, and fail your objective if you don't quickly photograph it. They use the min/max bounds of the model, unlike in GE, so their projectiles can collide with the empty space surrounding the prop. You can see this with the engine in Frigate quite obviously, as it also blocks their sight.

AL64inthedark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Oh yes, there's the room I was thinking about plus the satellite. Maybe we could make it a bit stronger then.
It's quite fun for the room with consoles, once you know it, it force you to be offensive, it's less fun for the satellite.

00action
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hey i missed this! wreck its great to see you playing LTK! i love this mode and i would love to see your videos if you have recorded any of them? oh thanx for mention Smile

It's funny because i came on here to make a new thread but i saw this.

Some of you may already know if you are subscribed to my youtube channel but i have recently (yesterday) completed all levels on LTK and DLTK i am only the 3rd person ever to do it. Silo DLTK is by far the hardest level and was my final completion, I've put some links to some of my vids if you would like to take a look.

Silo DLTK - Hardest level by far
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pR5Nk91fuT8&t=64s

Train DLTK - Most people would agree this is the second hardest level
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73UdpqcR3HY&t=126s

I recommend anybody to try completing levels on these settings, i'ts really fun and makes you play the game very differently and very satisfying when you complete a level. Make sure you record your times you never know how far you will get and you will need the proof if you submit them to the Elite pages. Good Luck Smile
https://www.twitch.tv/00action

Maxout

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, I have completed all twenty levels and 14 DLTK levels. I'm focused on other games right now. Congrats on beating LTK for the first time or this time. Sorry I only skimmed the first post.

http://www.youtube.com/Greatermaxim

PaRaDoX

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I might give this a shot one day, need to buy another 360 controller so I can use it on pj64...That and actually play through goldeneye to unlock 00 mode first. Oh woe is me

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye 007 All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: