ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

test if object photographed

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Coockie1173
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 1:50 am    Post subject: test if object photographed Reply with quote Back to top

Hello everyone, it is I again.

So I was working on my mission, and my friend gave me the suggestion of giving feedback each time you photograph something (because there are quite a lot off things you need to photograph). I was wondering if there was a test in the action blocks to see if something was photographed.

------------------------------
Contact me:
discord: Coockie1173#8187

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I don't think there's really a way surprisingly, in GE at least...unless you make it an objective, and test if objective complete.

connery as bond
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Set objective bits when 16 tagged object is photographed, then display text. Iyou coulf then unset the objective bit. Not entirely sure if that would work but it's a start I believe
- Mt. Hochkonig
- TBA

bmw
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I've always thought that would be a nice touch when you have to photograph multiple items for it to give you text feedback every time you successfully photograph a specific object.

Coockie1173
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

bmw wrote:
I've always thought that would be a nice touch when you have to photograph multiple items for it to give you text feedback every time you successfully photograph a specific object.

Exactly, especially when its a lot off objects. If you fail one off them, you need to go around photographing all off them AGAIN

------------------------------
Contact me:
discord: Coockie1173#8187

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

But does GoldenEye have an action that tests if 16-obj has been photographed? I could be wrong, but I thought Perfect Dark did introduce this action. Been a while since I last screwed around with it. It's done via objective type by normal means.

Good idea, but not sure if a custom action would be necessary.

Edit: If it does exist in Perfect Dark, perhaps it can be converted over to work in GE.

connery as bond
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ah, I assumed that's how it worked in Silo and Bunker with the satellite and bunker screen, but I've never looked at it myself. Could be a different action completely.
- Mt. Hochkonig
- TBA

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Pretty sure it's an objective type, and not even handled through action blocks. I recall something odd in Perfect Dark, though. Could be the Institute training, where you need to holograph the information room computer. I can take a look again soon.

Here was what I listed in PD...

01BD.RR Holograph Objective 1E Object Type Lookup
RR = Return Value

Note: Looks up the 1E Holograph Object entry from the setup file, and if the 16-object set there is holographed, go to return value. Used in the institute training test.

So I am not sure if that would work the way we'd want, either. You still need the photograph objective type, and this works along side it. But it was only a singular object in PD, so multiple would require testing.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: