ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

1964 60FPS bundle for GoldenEye/Perfect Dark (2022/01/19)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 51, 52, 53  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Online And Emulation
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Carnivorous

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Fillerthefreak wrote:
* Maybe allow the saves, and setup for Goldfinger 64 on your next build?
Will do, I'll make a copy of the goldeneye one which includes the profiles setup for 1.2, and the unlocked save as well. As for the settings - it is already detected.
Fillerthefreak wrote:
* I wouldn't mind having HLE Audio as one of the bundled audio plugins. As in my opinion, it's probably the best one that works fine with your 1964 build.
Please link this so I may try it out thanks.
Fillerthefreak wrote:
* Surprisingly, the Die Hard 64 prototypes work pretty fine on your emulator, so maybe tag them to be playable?
They crash after a while, so I would not call them playable. Maybe in interrupter mode but even so I couldn't get it stable enough.
AL64inthedark wrote:
Oh so that's the reason why I advance slowly compared to some. They play on emulator and the enemies aim badly. They know how to hit on hardware omg.
It's very strange why the hit registration is different with GF compared to GE. I hope this is looked into for the next patch.

Fillerthefreak
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ouch, didn't know they crashed.

I've had a lot of issues with DK64 and Conker crashing on this build, too.

Quick edit: Apparently the plugin's development has been discontinued due to accusations of just Frankensteining other audio plugin code into one (the creator of it also gets salty upon being told about it). I'd advise to just not put it in due to it's nature.

I removed the link, just put Azimer's audio plugin instead (if it already isn't in there), as it works miles better.

doctornull
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Carnivorous wrote:
It's very strange why the hit registration is different with GF compared to GE. I hope this is looked into for the next patch.

I've been speaking to zoinkity and he seems to think it's an emulation problem, not a problem with goldfinger - also he suggested it might have something to do with the solo stages having large scale modifiers.

cristianomtd
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Carnivorous wrote:
Vsync for glide64 must be forced in your graphics control panel.

Could you please tell me how to do that? I have no idea =/

My gpu is a RX470. Glide final clearly has the best graphic quality, but that tearing is annoying. Thanks in advance!

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

doctornull wrote:
I've been speaking to zoinkity and he seems to think it's an emulation problem, not a problem with goldfinger - also he suggested it might have something to do with the solo stages having large scale modifiers.
I can only speculate, but guards may fire more accurately at a lower frame rates. There is also the difference where GF weapons are more inaccurate than their GE counterparts. A solution would be to create a emulator patch that has increased accuracy for weapons, as this problem is seen on other emulators.
Quote:
Could you please tell me how to do that? I have no idea =/
I don't own a AMD card but this may be able to help.

cristianomtd
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks Carnivorous, the game runs flawless now.

About GF, I noticed some guns are pretty inaccurate, so yeah, guess that is the problem. But we can play in 007 mode and increase enemy accuracy, right? Didn't try that yet, but it should work.

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, 20% for accuracy should match close to console.

doctornull
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Carnivorous wrote:
doctornull wrote:
I can only speculate, but guards may fire more accurately at a lower frame rates.

Is it possible you could overclock the system but still cap the framerate at 25fps or whatever GE's native framerate was?

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

No, that is entirely up to the frame skip code which varies depending on the scene you're viewing

zoinkity

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Framerate has no impact.
Gunfire collision is handled by drawing a line from the emission point forward and testing if it intersects with any stage geometry or collision boxes. This is independent from the line drawn on the screen; that's well after the fact and by then it's already registered a hit or miss. Stage scaling affects this system, though not to the degree that it affects the 1st person camera's relative offset. These scaling factors are much greater than anything used in GE in order to place the BGs within the coordinate system. Inaccuracies in the floating-point engine or rounding error will cause gunfire mishaps due to improper application of multipliers.

Players are relatively unaffected. Player positioning is handled in at least quadruplicate in a vastly different way, and less of this code is recycled than you would think.

There's a (mostly) direct correspondence between speed <--> accuracy. 1964 opts for speed. Console is the standard, and this problem also doesn't occur on the two LLE emulators. Since it's an emulation-specific error no, the GF patch will not be rewritten.

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thank you for the corrections and information.

Graslu
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

After completing GF64 on real hardware, I noticed that guards are more inaccurate at 60fps as we all know here so I've made a patch that will increase the default accuracy for guards without affecting the weapon stats. While this is a very dirty fix, it helps increasing the difficulty to something that gets closer to N64's so it isn't a walk in the park.

This won't fix action block issues like covered guards not shooting at you (Plane, for example) or your teammate in Vaults shooting non-stop.

You can download it here - https://files.catbox.moe/cyrksu.7z

If there's anything wrong with redistributing the patch, please let me know and I'll take it down.

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Graslu00
Discord: https://discord.gg/tksttVC

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks Graslu! What did you do to adjust it? A common question is why are guards so inaccurate...and they're not..just 60fps emulation, so I'm glad it is taken care of now.

Graslu
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I changed the default accuracy modifier for accuracy for non 007 difficulties from 1 to 6 at 7F01D388. It could be implemented into a single patch that detects if you're playing at 60FPS if you're up to doing it. With more time, I could do a comparison video but that'll probably have to wait until tonight.

By mere assumptions, I believe they're inaccurate at 60FPS because the increased inaccuracy of the guns for GF64. I assume they were increased due to the low framerate so guards don't have perfect accuracy, where at playing at 60FPS they use the true accuracy value (Much like the fire rate) and makes them miss a lot. This patch fixes it for the guards while keeping the same inaccuracy for the player.
The issue is probably way more complex than that though, as Zoinkity said. Scale of the maps, low float precision, framerate, etc... Again, what I just said has no actual research and just assumptions.

I also believe the action blocks break for maps like Bodega and Plane because how fast they're executed at higher frame rates. This causes the guards behind cover on Bodega and Plane to not shoot you most of times as they'll be stuck aiming at you, same reason of why the soldier helping you in Vaults also shoots non-stop.
They probably need a bit of tweaking to get them to work at 60FPS, Carnivorous made some camping blocks that work on original hardware and also 60FPS if you need help there.

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Graslu00
Discord: https://discord.gg/tksttVC

cristianomtd
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hi guys,

So I have this issue: while playing mods like Goldfinger and others (it NEVER happens in GE) I have a terrible lag in maps with grass, like Alps. Fps drops to 40, which isn't so bad, but the game just looks like a slideshow, something around 15-20 fps.

Anyone else experienced this? Is there a fix or something? I use 9x overclock, should I select a higher one? (Not sure my cpu can handle it, i5 4460)

And thanks for the patch, Graslu!

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Online And Emulation All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 51, 52, 53  Next
Page 33 of 53

Jump to: