ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

N64 and chinese rip-off flash cart.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Perfect Dark
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Whippy
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:54 am    Post subject: N64 and chinese rip-off flash cart. Reply with quote Back to top

I picked up one of the ed66plus Enhanced editions. Some titles give it trouble. I could easily walk across the room and get the real cartridge, but Id really like to find a patch or rom or something that gets this working on this device.

I didn't know if anyone here had the same model flash-cart, and had any experience with this title. This is the one that does not require the top cart.

On boot, I get a scrambled image of what seems to be the start screen...the image is compressed to the bottom 1/10th of the screen...then it goes black after a second. I have tried a number of roms. Any advice would be great.

Trevor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

A frank answer is get a real Everdrive, the Chinese one is broken period.

Any further technical information on the differences will need to come from someone more knowledgeable than myself.

Trevor

Whippy
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I purchased it because it was quite cost effective versus a current model Everdrive. It is Identical to a previous model everdrive in almost all aspects.

The thing about them is that they operate AS IF a v1.28 everdrive. There certainly is a rom-pack or manual patch that resolved the issues in the past. It is not so much about compatibility, because I own all the games that give trouble in their real physical form. It is a win/win for me, but I see it as a challenge.

These things (roms/patches) do exist, and they will turn up. The info is rare because of the lack of support. Krizzzz certainly did the correct thing upgrading his models to v2.0+ while this was on the market. Every fix he made worked for this until that point. His upgrade however pretty much buried any info about the 1.28 model everdrive. Web posts asking any questions are answered by bots stating "Purchase everdrive 2.5".

I don't mean to sound frank, but I appreciate the bump. Don't take this post as hostile, or personal because it is not meant to be. I have asked around about info involving the everdrive 1.28/1.29 and the common response is just like yours. The question I asked about has nothing to do with transferring $150+ usd to a computer whiz in the Ukraine. That still does not solve the problem. That still does not answer how people were playing these games on the everdrive 1.28/1.29. I should reword my question in the OP.

How would I patch or run Perfect Dark rom on v1.28 Everdrive?
|Pro Mode| Do it without mentioning the purchase of the Current model of everdrive.

This is more about finding a solution to the problem. Thanks again!

Lobpamon
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

N64 et la Chine arraché du fauteuil roulant, il?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Perfect Dark All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: