ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Model importing help (GoldFinger 64 stuff)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fillerthefreak
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 1:42 pm    Post subject: Model importing help (GoldFinger 64 stuff) Reply with quote Back to top

So changed up the MP-40s model a bit to look more like an on-model MP-40. Such as changing the grip, making the hooded-sight not paper thin, and changing the barrel, and re-positioning the bolt and adding a iron sight to the base.

It's 503 tris (About the same of some of the pistol models), and I got it working in the editor and in game. It seems like I messed up the animations and alpha channels somehow. It also seems like the shine-like effect broke, too.

My assumption is that the model got rigged to the animation point used for ejected shells. So it was following the position of that than the main weapon animation point.

It's in the GE OBJ format. And I dunno how to fix it. But if anyone could explain what went wrong. I think I'll be able to make weapon model stuff sooner or later. Here's the download to see what I didn't do right.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B35Mvv4lRwMvRENvcGxQdjZVRFU/view

Johnny Thunder
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

wow great! DuctorUbiytsa (Ducc) has making some similar... but with the PPK

Visit my youtube channel:
Johnny Thunder: The Revenger

Visit My discord:
Afterwards Studios

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Trevor did most of the guns, but I'm guessing you didn't turn on environment mapping for that texture in replace texture and in light sources mode you can recalculate environment mapping. I think all textures auto alpha so you have to be careful on black color, hopefullu Trevor notices this post.

Trevor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

haha, I did notice Razz

Couple of things to mention regarding the MP40 and I do not intend any offence or cynicism.

The MP40 model was created May 2012 with BSPs and “Blueing” applied in 2016 without additional model edits.

Back in 2012 we had no idea about BSP or its consequences and the easiest way to deal with it was simplicity in triangles.
Like Rare, I chose to make each model as low as it could go while still representing the original model relatively faithfully.

Looking at it now, there are a few tweeks that I would do, but the model was done and others needed to be done too.

fillerthefreak wrote:
So changed up the MP-40s model a bit to look more like an on-model MP-40. Such as changing the grip, making the hooded-sight not paper thin, and changing the barrel, and re-positioning the bolt and adding a iron sight to the base.

This is a real mp40.

This was the blueprint that I traced, extruded and moulded.

This was my resulting model, the foresight, barrel, barrel-nut, top frame and butstock hinge plate were cylinders added to the trace.

This is the combined trace and print where the cylinders were pinched and stretched to fit.
This model was then textured by the standard texture but an all black gun got kinda dull.

Then in 2016 we found the BSP code that had been previously mis-labled. Sub spent some time making an easier way to edit the model tree and eventually we got this

I then decided after doing other tests at the time regarding Env-Mapping to apply that to the MP40. I didn’t alter the model I simply changed the texture and went to “Light Sources” right click a triangle, “Recalculate Env Mapping”

fillerthefreak wrote:
My assumption is that the model got rigged to the animation point used for ejected shells. So it was following the position of that than the main weapon animation point.

This down to the matrix commands and 05 pointers. Im not sure how you edited the model but I added the cocking handle to matrix 5(140) “Top Slide” and the part to 05[7] “Top Slide”.
If you import a new model and assign it to one part and that part is assigned to 05[0] “Cartridge Ejection” then it will act like an ejected cartridge.
You need to make sure you don’t have the model imported on a display list below “Position Held Item”
and you need to make sure that the imported model is using matrix 0 not 3 (120)

However, I really should do a proper tutorial on guns as there are a lot more things to do on them.

Trev

Fillerthefreak
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ah, that makes sense now that I think of it!

The issue with me is that I can't really see the whole bottom of the model editor window due to it being too vertically large for my screen, so I was talking a blind gamble on some of it.

The scrollbar on the right just doesn't seem to work for unknown reasons to me.

Interestingly, we seem to have used the same references on the weapon. I just added what I felt was missing to make it more "complete". In reality, all I think that needed to be fixed was the hood sight, and the barrel, as it looked weird being paper thin.

I may just make a massive weapon model pack for romhacks sooner or later. As that way, the community has a larger selection of easy-to-use custom content.

AL64inthedark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I have 3 weapons, including a FAMAS waiting for a weapon tutorial ^^

But well that seem so complicate I wouldn't include them in a game anytime soon.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: