ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

GoldenEye Setup Editor Feature Requests List/Bugs
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 105, 106, 107  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Trevor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck wrote:

Also, on another note, his sky block for Cradle had extremely high (I mean extremely) Far and Near Fog values. The result on console, at least, was really bizarre. It was like the viewing screen where you could see the geometry was only half that of the full screen. The resolution was screwed up, as well. It was fine once I lowered them down (30,000 and 25,000).

http://www.shootersforever.com/forums_message_boards/viewtopic.php?p=63377 wrote:

Manually setting FarFog to 75000 causes large areas to crash the game while in smaller rooms causes a "fisheye-lense" effect in a small square window. gun and hud un-affected.
Setting farfog to 65000 causes a fullscreen fisheye lense effect (Not true fisheye by the way, just odd round edges of screen)
- Both of these effects are caused by an overrun in Signed Short actually causing the farclip to be "behind" the camera.
- Both of these were tested with scale = 1 only

Trev

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ah, I kind of figured there was a chance this was already known. I didn't know just how high people were going with fog values, but Johnny Thunders Cradle sky was gigantic. I ended up lowering it to 30,000 which fixed the issue, and appeared to suit the level with the dish and jungle type background included.

zoinkity

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, ID 29 is specially-handled. All rooms are visible except those specifically blacked out by doors.
I don't remember exactly where that was, but did happen across a catch for it.

StrikerMan780
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Seems the models for the spent bullet casings that are ejected from the guns when firing are not anywhere to be found in the Model Editor lists. I need to export these, but I can't since... well, they're not there.

zoinkity

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

They're in the list of 1st person models and there's four of them:
Code:
GcartridgeZ
GcartrifleZ
GcartblueZ
GcartshellZ

StrikerMan780
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Those don't show in mine. Using the Beta Editor, btw. Editing GoldenEye.

EDIT: Yeah, they only show up in Perfect Dark, but those aren't the models I'm looking for, they aren't the same.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I will try and add. In meantime, export all those files from Tools->Game Configuration. Go to Tools->Edit Model. Edit Object 00 PalarmZ. Set # Images to 02, # 05s to 00, and # Matrices to 01 in top right, then click Import from file, and do one at a time, import then export obj.

EDIT: I added to beta.

StrikerMan780
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Excellent, works perfectly. Thank you.

MRKane

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I've got one. Could we set the angle somewhere for what the PD clipping import considers a "wall"? Most of the ramps on the dam level I'm working on at the moment get classified as walls Smile

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

OK, maybe I added that. It uses a default angle (from vertical normal of triangle) of 30 degrees. You can edit it manually, by adding an entry in the geeditor.ini under

[VisualEditor]
pdClippingMinHeightVertical=30.0
pdClippingMinVerticalAngle=30.0

The min height vertical makes any triangle of < MaxY-MinY always assume not a wall.

And vertical angle is the normal vector of triangle, angle, compared to up/down, and if less than that, it is a normal walkable, and if angle greater than, it's a wall.

StrikerMan780
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Got a request: Make the view window in the Model editor work the same as the one in the Animation editor. The one in the model editor is buggy (cuts off, viewport doesn't fill the full grey space around it, etc...) and annoying to use (the sliders make it a pain to pan/rotate freely, where the animation editor's controls are far more intuitive, and the window updates faster/more smoothly).

CrashOveride
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

StrikerMan780 wrote:
Got a request: Make the view window in the Model editor work the same as the one in the Animation editor. The one in the model editor is buggy (cuts off, viewport doesn't fill the full grey space around it, etc...) and annoying to use (the sliders make it a pain to pan/rotate freely, where the animation editor's controls are far more intuitive, and the window updates faster/more smoothly).

Have you tried using the visual window?
The model preview is just for quick reference.[/i]

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

StrikerMan780 wrote:

It's a good idea; as I did animation editor later, I was much more experienced on how to make these things. A bit difficult at the moment but put on the good ideas list.

pavarini
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

pavarini wrote:
Wreck wrote:
OK, so your weapons and keys remain in your inventory? What about other pickups? I swear I remember reading that things would disappear from your watch after the warp. Unless that was old tests, and something changed since then? This may not be quite as broken as I first thought.

If I remember correctly I think that note on the action block refers to bond having to reequip his weapon on warp, not actually losing his items.

I was incorrect about this, return from camera will make the player randomly loose non-weapons.

Please make check syntax alert the user if return from camera/goto camera does not have 3 03 sleep commands before it.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

Please make check syntax alert the user if return from camera/goto camera does not have 3 03 sleep commands before it.

Is it that, or is it that it needs 3 03s after Hide First Person display? I added that (need 3 03s after ED command and before D5 command) - GE only

Or does this have to do with mid-level cut-scenes? I can't remember how those work.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 105, 106, 107  Next
Page 17 of 107

Jump to: