ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Space Station: Silicon Valley's two bugs have been fixed!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 6:50 am    Post subject: Space Station: Silicon Valley's two bugs have been fixed! Reply with quote Back to top

The fantastic N64 3D platform/puzzle game Space Station: Silicon Valley is well known for having two major bugs. Firstly, it's not possible to pick up the trophy in Fat Bear Mountain - this bug exists in both the NTSC and PAL versions.

Much more serious is a bug in just the NTSC version, that causes the N64 to randomly crash if there's an expansion pak present. So if you want to play the NTSC version of the game, then either you have to play it on an N64 that does not an expansion pak (or remove your expansion pak, and replace it with the jumper pak), or put up with random crashings.

But now both bugs have been fixed by someone with the user name Ozidual, so NTSC users can now play the game with an expansion pak and without worrying about the possibility of the game crashing, and both NTSC and PAL users now can pick up the previously uncollectable trophy.

To fix the game you need to download and apply the software patch to a rom image of the game. For more details, and to download the patch file, go to:

http://krikzz.com/forum/index.php?topic=6946

And since you will end up with a fixed rom image file, you'll need to either play it on an emulator, or use a flash cartridge (such as the Everdrive 64, or the 64Drive) to play it. There's no way to fix the original N64 cartridge, sadly.

AL64inthedark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Amazing. Thanks for the hard work Ozidual and thanks for letting us know kerr Avon.
Now it' s time to try that game, because I never did.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Game-On! All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: