ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

1964 60FPS bundle for GoldenEye/Perfect Dark (2022/01/19)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 35, 36, 37 ... 51, 52, 53  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Online And Emulation
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Carnivorous

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I did find the index for HUD images for 21990, but with romhacks this didn't work all the time as it's more complicated than changing a byte around - so I left it out. You can use the editor to change replace the crosshair image with the beta one

deuxsonic
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I see.

Is there a way to change the internal name of a ROM and have it boot? I notice that changing it doesn't seem to affect the checksum and thus it refuses to boot, but people have created ROM hacks with custom names so I know it must be possible.

I'm reading about it and the internal name is not part of the ROM that the checksum is generated from, so I should be able to put anything in there without having to recalculate the checksum, which doesn't change anyway. I'm taking the unmodified GoldenEye ROM and just changing that area in hex workshop and it won't boot.

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

1964's TLB gamehack requires goldeneye uses the goldeneye internal name or else it will not boot. I want to move towards using byte references but I do not have the insight to know which bytes will be consistent with even the most extreme of ROM hacks.

deuxsonic
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Oh, I didn't know it was hardcoded into the binary. Got it.

deuxsonic
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Do the save files included come with a combat simulator player profile with rank 1? Since I don't have any other keyboards or mice attached, I can't start a game with 2 players to get the medals that rely on more than one player such as accuracy.

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

No player profiles are included with the save files, you need to unlock the rank manually (I'm still at rank 8)

deuxsonic
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

On Caverns, is there a good way to handle the stupid guys near the radio that always blow that room and everything in it sky high? It's so stupid. I can't tell you how many times the mission is ruined by those idiots.

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This is how I do it: https://files.catbox.moe/h2ufam.mp4

deuxsonic
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

That's what I try to do, but I tend to move through missions slower and more cautiously, and my aim isn't as dead-on (pixel-perfect headshots with no crosshair? How much do you play this game?)

Nightfire
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm having issues with the RSP Plugin. When I start the game, everything works normal but the music loses some of its sounds and it's really annoying. I started to like it but now it just feels empty without some of the musical instruments. When I try to access the RSP Plugin settings it's just grayed out, and I made sure to turn on the "RSP Plugin" settings before starting the emulator. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

RSP plugin will be used for GE/PD automatically. GE needs it to have better music accuracy for azimer's audio plugin. If the option is greyed out, then RSP.dll was not found in the plugin directory or 1964 was not allowed to access the dll.

Nightfire
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Still not working. I tried a fresh install of the latest 1964 emulator but it's still grayed out. Any ideas?

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Does RSP.dll exist in your plugin directory?

deuxsonic
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

One thing I've noticed since I updated is that at least some animations, like jumping off the dam, don't play through all the way, or might be playing through too quickly. Originally you could jump off the dam and come within sight of the top of the facility entrance and when it changes to 3rd person, see Bond disappear into the fog, but now it seems to not time up quite right as he clearly just disappears after a certain point. Would this relate to the movement of the framerate hack inside 1964 or am I imagining things?

Carnivorous

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It appears to be the same on console https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndf1T_VPIrs&t=6m13s

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Online And Emulation All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 35, 36, 37 ... 51, 52, 53  Next
Page 36 of 53

Jump to: