ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

GoldenEye Setup Editor Feature Requests List/Bugs
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 105, 106, 107  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pavarini
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm not entirely sure about it, I just know that the only way I can safely go to cutscene is by:
ED
D5

Which is what rare does for all of their ending cutscenes. After that you can switch camera position without having to wait. Maybe it's part of ED after all?

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

OK, in my levels, I had, which works fine:
ED
DD
EA
D5...

So you probably just need 3 03s after an ED (and maybe before a D5). But agree you need those 3 03s, or game crashes sometimes, and it is difficult to know that until you remember...it has tripped people up before. That's what I added to beta at least.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

StrikerMan780 wrote:
Got a request: Make the view window in the Model editor work the same as the one in the Animation editor. The one in the model editor is buggy (cuts off, viewport doesn't fill the full grey space around it, etc...) and annoying to use (the sliders make it a pain to pan/rotate freely, where the animation editor's controls are far more intuitive, and the window updates faster/more smoothly).

I made Edit Models Render like the animation viewer, and in ortho format like that. Hopefully this works out.

pavarini
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

SubDrag wrote:
I made Edit Models Render like the animation viewer, and in ortho format like that. Hopefully this works out.

Thank you! If I had to make another suggestion it would be to remove the visual window dependency for the model editor.

AL64inthedark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah good suggestion, or if it could just launch the visual editor when you click "model editor" and there's no visual editor opened, maybe ?

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

pavarini wrote:
SubDrag wrote:

Thank you! If I had to make another suggestion it would be to remove the visual window dependency for the model editor.

That would be good, but at the moment the import obj functions are very heavily tied to visual editor unfortunately. It's not so easy to extricate at the moment. Maybe I can poke at it over time though.

EDIT:...trying something

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Maaaybe I got the Edit Model no visual editor required working, by a different method. There may be some bugs - please let me know. You may want to back up your current editor .exe just in case.

Another change done recently is that Tools -> Game Configuration should load quite a bit faster with some minor UI changes mostly relating to text banks. If you find any issues, also please let me know.

pavarini
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thank you, I will try it out.

CrashOveride
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I keep getting gzip errors when attempting to write 21900 to rom in newest beta.
the only change i made was the barrel image.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

21990 write rom not edit model? That behavior didn't change. You sure gzip is in main folder? Maybe check program directory in Tools -> Preferences is main folder too.

pavarini
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Importing models works fine, but by default it will set all models to use cycle type 2. I'm not sure if this is a bad thing, please check this over.

I will update my tutorials and remove the extra steps. Thanks for implementing this feature.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

That's a bug I think not having right image types, I'll look into that.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I can't reproduce the issue you're having - heads were 1 cycle and imported correctly it seemed like. Can you explain more on how to reproduce it?

Or maybe I misunderstood what is wrong? And it's different behavior from before? It should be identical.

pavarini
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

https://i.imgur.com/kmBHieM.gif

This is a round trip of the first guard model. It sets cycle type to '2'. As discussed previously, shouldn't this be reserved for level imports?

And I have 2 more requests: Increase the undo size so when working on maps for more than 3 hours, I do not have to worry about running out of memory and loosing all my work (frustrating), and include room polygon selection as part of the undo stack.

Thank you!

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I didnt think there was a max undo size? What happens? Also, if you crash, you can go to backups folder, copy off the back up, then restart editor and import backed up undo file. I'm not sure about including selection in undo, I'll have to see.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 105, 106, 107  Next
Page 18 of 107

Jump to: