ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

GE-X 5e Patch Released! @ 12-24-16
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 39, 40, 41 ... 62, 63, 64  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

00lucan00 wrote:

I think you guys are amazing for making this, and I have to thank you for making what is quite easily the greatest romhack ever.

Seconded, this is my favourite mod ever, and I've played some amazing mods for so many console and PC games.

Quote:
Between this, Perfect Dark, and TimeSplitters, I'm more than a happy camper when it comes to FPS games.

Yes, my favourite ever first person shooters are (in order) Perfect Dark, Goldeneye, Timesplitters: Future Perfect, and Timesplitters 2. I'm not too keen on the first Timesplitters game, though.

And there are lots of other fantastic FPSs too, but to my mind almost all of them are more than a decade old. Blood!, Half-Life 1 and 2, Duke Nukem 3D, No One Lives Forever 2, the Turok games (On the N64, I mean - I don't like the ones that came out on later machines), Deus Ex, Black, Alien vs. Predator (the 1999 PC game), the Doom games (aside from Doom 3), the Halo games, and so on.

Remember when first person shooters didn't treat you like an idiot? When they didn't prompt you with "Press X to open" every time you faced a door? When the levels weren't just linear pathways leading from A to B? When there wasn't an onscreen pointer showing you where to go, because the game's designers think you're too stupid to explore intelligenty?

Thundera8589
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Been a while is there any plans to start working on the next patch any time soon?

It seems like now with a lot of projects like Goldfinger64 released and out of the way, now would be a great time to continue progress on GE-X since most of the mods have no projects in their hands and are free.

Just want to add my two cents in if I can. In regards to the next version (5F?), I think the Top priorities for this release should AT LEAST be 1) Getting Dam to run and work with as much clipping as possible. 2) At least clip the easier solo mission maps as much as possible. 3) Add the less sophisticated mission objectives (for now) on maps that have the simplest objectives. Anything else is just bug fixes.

This way there can be a release before the years end if possible.

MRKane

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

RE: Dam: I'm trying. It's a real mess in there! Give it a couple of days and I'll see what I can wrangle out Smile

Thundera8589
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Great to hear progress on Dam is getting started! Smile

Thundera8589
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm just going to leave this here...

Here's a list of fixes IMO that should be addressed for Goldeneye X patch 5F:

1)Citadel Collision - The "high rising platform room" has steel structures that are apart of the rising platforms that need collisions. They can be walked right through currently.

2)Taser- Model needs fixing to show the words "Tazer Boy" on it. The addition of the Bond logo animation screen. (In an earlier patch release The bond animation was shown on a console monitor in the level where Statue Park originally was. The animation was the same as seen on the Taser in GE007 and could be seen in GEX 5C with a good graphics plugin. So the animation should be possible for the taser with smaller display size to fit the model).

3)Watch Laser - I don't remember if the face of the watch needs to be redrawn but it currently seems fine to me. The Watch laser inventory display rotation is incorrect from the others and the angle of the watch model display needs to be changed to show the face better instead of the side. (Just checked GE007 and it has the watch model displayed the way I am suggesting. Is it possible to import that model display for the watch laser instead of fixing the current one up)?

4)MI6 HQ - Weapon Target room door no longer opens. The Target room is not accessible for some strange reason.

5)PP7 Special Issue - shows Rudolph model on ground instead of the PP7.

6) Remote Mine - Remote needs to be replaced with the watch model on left hand. (Details of the watch model for the detonator were discussed previously).

7)Slapper - firing rate in-between chops needs to be slow down just a little incy tiny bit

8)VR Bunker II - Hanging monitors do not fall off and explode.

9)Caverns - water rendering animation does not fade in and out like original. (Don't remember what the deal with this was but it should be possible to implement).

10) Instrument samples 02 and 33 - I remember Pavarini phased the buggy noise a bit but I don't know if he has phased it lately even more since.

11)Seeker - there's an issue when you play VR with another human controlled player where the first person view model of the seeker is bugged. (Not sure if this is an emulator only issue or not).

12)Hit impact sounds - I created a huge thread topic in the GEX forums on what background and level maps needed or are still currently missing . For example; Frigate is a map that has missing metal impact sounds ie. ceiling rails, big metal pole etc..

13)Golden Gun - Wreck fixed the pickup text line when picking up the gun in 5d. However, I just realized and discovered that in the current patch (5e) when you pick up the gun it uses the incorrect text. It's supposed to be "picked up The Golden Gun" but instead says "a" Golden Gun. This needs to be corrected again.

Suggestions and new stuff for 5F.

1)Peach's Castle VR Map - I can't stress this one out more than others have in the past. Please bring this map to Goldeneye X And please bring the Peach/Bowser portrait trick with it!

2)Platinum Gun - IIRC others wanted this weapon in VR mode so add me into that list as well.

3) Tank Rounds - For solo mission maps like Runway and streets why not have the Tank Rounds be available near whatever mobile vehicle will be used in replace of the Tank?

4)Seeker - it was discussed in the past that this weapon would be given a new skin for both it's models and projectile missile.

5) Living Daylights (Flag Tag) Scenario - If it's possible fix it up so that once someone gets the flag they become automatically equipped with it on and have to manually switch back to whatever weapon they had in their possession.

6)The Man with The Golden Gun Scenario- possibly add as an extra scenario like how the way extra weapons and tunes were added. Replace the flag token with a Golden Gun weapon ID. Somehow work it's way to be usable.

7)Death Screen - Bleeding death screen animation. Would love to see this implemented for 5F.

8)Dam - Solo mission campaign level should be available for preview at least. Thnks to MRKane's extraordinary efforts.

The Renegadist
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

All good suggestions for the next patch.

I'd also like to add that the skill of guards on the solo levels still need work, way too easy as they are now even on 00 Agent (Console).

Also, is there an approximation of how many more VR levels/character models/weapons/gamemodes we can add to the hack before we hit the limit?

SATURN_81
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thundera8589:

I agree with your list of corrections.

Suggestions and new stuff for 5F:
I agree with almost everything, just with some small questions that come up and suggestions to add. Points 5 and 6 I can not understand what you mean due to my bad English:

1) Castle VR Map of Peach's: it is the icon par excellence of N64, I really like this map. From the end of the infinite stairs one should be able to fall to the outside patio. The doubt that I have is that it is a map where all the rooms are connected to the main hall next to the castle door, once you enter a room you can only escape through the entrance. that makes the players or the sims get entrenched.

2) Platinum Gun: I also want to see this weapon in VR. and I would like it to be a little faster than today since this weapon is slower than the phoenix.

3) Tank Rounds: you are right and this idea would not be bad. Maybe the problem is that you have to create a new slot with the Tank weapon for when you activate the chat "All Weapons On", and maybe to create it you would have to design a cannon that bond could carry. On the other hand we have to pray and trust that Wreck and Subdrag can be working in secret, investigating the code of Perfect Dark BETA and managing to operate the GE Tank in GEX carrying and transferring code to PD. maybe some can give us a pleasant surprise as they did with Golfinger64.

4) Seeker: Another model different from the Skedar rocket launcher and new textures would be fine. I would not mind if the models belong to another N64 shooter game.

7) Death Screen: this is good in missions. I think this would be a bit slow for VR, since first you have to watch the animation and then wait for the time it takes to reanimate you.

Cool Dam: it may be the most expected level. At the moment I am satisfied with being able to take a walk through the level. I do not know if it will take time to finish the whole level (guards and missiones included) for the launch of the next patch that I think they said it was going to be released at the end of the year or during Christmas.

The Renegadist:

I think I agree with you silo that you are referring to is artificial intelligence issues of the enemies. increasing the abilities of the enemies is something necessary to increase the difficulty of the missions. This is something that I think I said in the past. I still think that in PD and even in the last patch of GEX the enemies seem to be deaf, few guards go to the area where you are firing with a noisy weapon, however if in GE you make noise the number of guards that will arrive to the point of the map will be greater in which you find yourself. Another way to increase the difficulty can be, that with the increase of the noise, you can see infinite guards for a while and do not stop going out until the noise level goes down. Generating infinite guards can be another way to increase the difficulty. Another idea to increase the serious difficulty, that the enemies that are disarmed can draw a gun and also that they can pick up any weapon in any point of the level if they are unarmed.

Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thundera8589 wrote:

5) Living Daylights (Flag Tag) Scenario - If it's possible fix it up so that once someone gets the flag they become automatically equipped with it on and have to manually switch back to whatever weapon they had in their possession..

So when the flag carrier switches to a weapon, does that mean that they would drop the flag (and their time/score would stop going up), or that they'd still be carrying the flag but could still shoot the selected weapon?

Or maybe the flag carrier could only use the slot 1 weapon when carrying the flag, thereby giving the flag carrier a penalty as he'd be wielding whichever weapon was set as slot 1, whereas anyone else could use the weapons in slots 1 to 6. That way, when setting up the game, the player could set the first weapon in the custom weapon setup as something basic, such as the Falcon 2, and the other slots with more powerful weapons.

In the Timesplitters games, their Living Daylights equivalent is Bagtag, which allows you to choose, in the pre-game options, whether or not the person holding the bad can use a weapon. I do prefer being able to shoot to not being able to shoot, so I was really glad that when Perfect Dark came out, it allowed the case holder to shoot in the Hold the Briefcase mode.

AL64inthedark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck already talked about the IA. The thing is, IA is handled differently in GE than PD, and we haven't figured how the guards can be made aware of sound in PD's engine. I can't wait for improvement too, but someone has to work on IA in PD's engine to figure this out...and has to have the competence to do so.

Thundera8589
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

@ SATURN_81 and Kerr Avon:

In regards to suggestions 5 and 6, all I am saying is to slightly change Living Daylights (and possibly "Capture the Flag") scenario so you automatically become equipped with it on. Just to make it a little more closer to the original. Here's an explanation of it from wikipedia Goldeneye 007 page "In The Living Daylights, a "flag" is placed in a fixed location on the map, and the player who holds it the longest wins. The flag-carrier cannot use weapons but can still collect them to keep opponents from stocking ammunition."

No the flag carrier would not drop the flag when carrying a weapon (although that sounds interesting), they would still be able to shoot a weapon but the carrier would have to manually switch back to it. That's what I mean. However, Kerr Avon I like your idea of the carrier only able to use weapons from the slot 1 from a preset or custom weapon set while the others can use all the weapons on slots 1 to 6.

For the Man With the Golden Gun, the scenario would have to come out of the same cloth as the Living Daylights "Flag Tag" scenario. Basically in GE007 both those two scenarios behave similarly in that when you acquire the flag or golden gun you cannot pick up body armor. The only difference was in flag you had to stay longer with it to win. In TMWTGG, you just needed the Golden Gun and it behaved similar to the flag where the GG carrier couldn't collect body armor either and that was all there was to it other than using the Golden Gun to win the scenario.

From Goldeneye 007 wikipedia page "In The Man With the Golden Gun, a single Golden Gun, which is capable of killing opponents with only one shot, is placed in a fixed location on the map; once the Golden Gun is picked up, the only way to re-acquire it is to kill the player holding it. The player with the Golden Gun is unable to pick up body armour while opponents can.".

So in GEX the Golden Gun would replace whatever call up ID the flag token uses so it could spawn anywhere in a VR map. The others would not be able to acquire it until you kill the Golden Gun carrier just like it is in GEX for Living Daylights (Flag Tag).

However, the twist for my idea now is since it's got to be hard to get rid of the timer system from Living Daylights. What if instead you can be able to shoot with the Golden Gun and kill opponents to maintain it while when you reach the timer instead of gaining 1 point for holding onto it you gain 2 or 3 points?

And I am guessing if there is a Golden Gun in the weapon setup somehow it would have to be replaced by a different weapon ID to work or behave similarly. Like replacing it with a PP7 silenced. Or making the Golden Gun weapon unselectable only for TMWTGG scenario mode.

For example, if a player selects the Golden Gun weapon and puts it on one of the 6 slots, it would be replaced by the PP7 silenced gun. If someone selects the whole weapon set with nothing but Golden Guns than that whole map would be filled with PP7 Silenced guns only with the Golden Gun being in one of the locations as if it were the flag token. Remind you this would only be done for TMWTGG scenario.

Or another idea for TMTGG scenario would be if usable every time you shoot someone with the Golden Gun you get 2 or 3 points. However, this method of scoring would only work if the GEX team figure out a way to disable the timer that's used in Living Daylights "Flag Tag" scenario. Only if they figure out how to disable or stop the timer and players gain 2 or 3 points instead by killing opponents using the Golden Gun.

@SATURN_81:

I don't understand what you mean by entrenched in regards to Peaches Castle? In the GE007 port was there a problem with players being locked in a certain room? Were there complains from players about the map in the past? Or are you worried that sims would get stuck opening the doors in the castle? I don't see a problem with Peaches Castle not being playable in GEX. If anything, I feel this map GREATLY benefits GEX more. Since it's such a huge big map you can play with 8 sims all scattered in various sections of the map. It would also be even much more fun with a mix of 4 human players and multiple sims. That would use the map to it's fullest potential due to it's girth.

As far as the Death screen is concerned, I disagree with you wholeheartedly on that one. It HAS to be apart of VR as well. It wouldn't be the same without it. It would be just as great as it was in GE007. The delay in spawning was there in the original so I don't see how it's a problem. Unless you're comparing to how simulants spawn in which sims already spawn a lot faster than human controlled players. So it wouldn't be too big of a change. Plus this would make VR that much more fun playing with other human players again.

@Al64inthedark: It would be great if the GEX team contacted some of the rare developers who made GE/PD to help with issues like AI and maybe the scenarios mentioned above.

Some Extra notable fixes...

14)Hurrican Fists - you might want to rename this cheat probably to something like "Slappers Galore". It would be a nice parody of the character wussy Galore from one of the films. Laughing

15)Moonraker Laser - The inventory display for this weapon also has the wrong rotation. Needs to be fixed like the other weapons.

Dark Reyn
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Dear enthusiasts,

About a year ago whilst I was procrastinating some work I should have been doing, I came up with what I think is an elegant solution to the Goldeneye X's weapon location problem (the locations are currently different to the original, body armour is in the wrong place and there are multiple golden guns).

Presets would be as follows:
DpCCB- Pistols
DK55Bp Automatics
CRSSBD Power weapons
CKssBD Sniper rifle
ZAXXBP Mines
K7XXBD Launchers/lasers/grenades
K7pGBD Golden Gun

Key:
D DD44
p PP7 (silenced)
C Cougar magnum
B Body armour
- Disabled
K Klobb
5 D5K Deutsche
R RCP-90
S Shotgun
s Sniper rifle
7 KF7 Soviet
X Launchers/lasers/grenades/mines
Z ZMG
A AR33
G Golden Gun

In the PD version of the map the weapon location numbers would need to be assigned as follows (based on the weapon locations for Goldeneye):
PD<-GE
0 <- 2
1 <- 4/5
2 <- 6
3 <- 7
4 <- Body armour (use "Nothing" not "Disabled" if no armour)
5 <- 0/1
6 <- 3

I sent Wreck an email about it when I thought of it but at first glance it may not make much sense. For players that haven't looked at any of the code it definitely won't. However, looking at the way the two games handle weapons, as far as I can tell, this is the only solution to the problem.

Lazlo52
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

AL64inthedark wrote:
...we haven't figured how the guards can be made aware of sound in PD's engine. ...

Oh? Is this true? I'm pretty sure all that needs to be done to an editor default guard to make him hear sound is to untick those "Guard Stays in Place" flags. After doing that, the guard will act like a normal Pd guard, capable of hearing gunfire and running to the player's position. Though, a new issue arises since we're talking about new maps.

Guards in non-vanilla maps have a high probability of getting stuck in an almost endless, rapid loop of kneeling and re-kneeling. It's most likely to happen when both you and the guard are at a corner. But once he has proper line of sight with you, he'll open fire. From what I've learned, it's because he's failing to find any Extra Pads to use for cover. Simply adding a few nearby and properly rotating them to face the wall being used as cover usually remedies this. That being said, a player can potentially lure a guard anywhere. And, unfortunately, Extra Pads seem to add up quickly in file size and can't be deleted.

But, yeah, the flags for "Guard Stays in Place" is what stops a guard from pursuing, and thus, seeming like he can't hear. The option has its uses, but it's not the best choice for a default guard.

Thundera8589
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Dark Reyn wrote:
Dear enthusiasts,

About a year ago whilst I was procrastinating some work I should have been doing, I came up with what I think is an elegant solution to the Goldeneye X's weapon location problem (the locations are currently different to the original, body armour is in the wrong place and there are multiple golden guns).

Presets would be as follows:
DpCCB- Pistols
DK55Bp Automatics
CRSSBD Power weapons
CKssBD Sniper rifle
ZAXXBP Mines
K7XXBD Launchers/lasers/grenades
K7pGBD Golden Gun

Key:
D DD44
p PP7 (silenced)
C Cougar magnum
B Body armour
- Disabled
K Klobb
5 D5K Deutsche
R RCP-90
S Shotgun
s Sniper rifle
7 KF7 Soviet
X Launchers/lasers/grenades/mines
Z ZMG
A AR33
G Golden Gun

In the PD version of the map the weapon location numbers would need to be assigned as follows (based on the weapon locations for Goldeneye):
PD<-GE
0 <- 2
1 <- 4/5
2 <- 6
3 <- 7
4 <- Body armour (use "Nothing" not "Disabled" if no armour)
5 <- 0/1
6 <- 3

I sent Wreck an email about it when I thought of it but at first glance it may not make much sense. For players that haven't looked at any of the code it definitely won't. However, looking at the way the two games handle weapons, as far as I can tell, this is the only solution to the problem.

So far we know each slot counts for two locations on the maps in PD. However, slots 5 and 6 can be assigned two different weapons counted for 1 location. I cam't see how your solution can fix the Golden Gun and Pistols weapon set issues. Wreck would've fixed it a year ago if that's when you emailed him, unless you emailed him about it recently and this solution is something he never knew of? Has this solution been tested yet?

SATURN_81
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thundera8589:

what I mean by staying entrenched somewhere, is that a player or sim can stand still in certain positions on this map, for example in the main hall or hall next to the entrance door and having the possibility of being able to shoot someone that leaves by any of the remaining doors (especially with fast weapons is quite dangerous). the same would happen if a player stays inside a locked room pointing towards the door with his weapon. so I think this would affect too much to ways like the King of the Hill, keep the flag or the suitcase, or the Hacker. On this level there are many rooms, but nevertheless it does not have too many routes, that is, if you enter a room only You can leave there by the same place you entered. This was the problem that worried me. I've been a bit hasty thinking about it even though the map has not yet been tested on PD. In fact, I had only thought about the problem with fast weapons, so now I think that with slow weapons like the knife or the pistols, it would not be too serious. problem, so taking into account this I think now if the map is possible (although I still think that first you have to prove it) there were no complaints of this map in the past, in fact it was received quite well by the users.

Lazlo52:

I hope that what you say of unmarking the flags of "Guardia en el Lugar" may cause fewer deaf guards. You say that after doing that, the guard will act as a normal Pd guard. In this case, I prefer the guard to act as in GE. I think the difference is that in PD only the guards close to Jo's position are the ones who act in the face of noise, while in GE, both nearby and distant guards act under the noise.

On the other hand, since you talk about flags. I see it necessary to examine GE and observe each one of the guards and see which of them have flagged or deselected the flags.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

for this mod I would like the guards to be infinite (but to appear gradually in the level) in some levels, especially in those in which once you have eliminated all the guards the level is completely empty of enemies. for example this usually happens at the Dam, Silo, Frigate, Streets, Train levels. in other levels the same thing usually happens but it is usually by zones, for example Jungle where the infinite guards only appear in the cave near the elevator, and at this level it would not be bad for some infinite guards to appear in the jungle.

Dark Reyn
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thundera8589 wrote:

So far we know each slot counts for two locations on the maps in PD. However, slots 5 and 6 can be assigned two different weapons counted for 1 location. I cam't see how your solution can fix the Golden Gun and Pistols weapon set issues. Wreck would've fixed it a year ago if that's when you emailed him, unless you emailed him about it recently and this solution is something he never knew of? Has this solution been tested yet?

Thanks for replying Thundera,
Goldeneye and Perfect Dark use different systems for weapon locations.

Goldeneye had 8 weapon locations plus body armour locations.

Perfect Dark has more weapon location labels (10) but there are only 6 in the weapon selection list. The locations labelled 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 are allocated in order from the list, then the one labelled 6 will get the first weapon again and so on. "Disabled" will skip the slot and allocate the next but "Nothing" will leave an empty location.

Most of the Goldeneye presets have 4 different weapons plus body armour. The exceptions are Pistols and Golden Gun because these have 3 and 5 weapons respectively. Also there are slight differences to locations for Pistols. The workaround for Pistols utilises the "Disabled" option to use weapons 0 and 1 where the others use 0 when the early weapons are being allocated for the second time around. This changes specific weapon locations for the Pistols preset only. This is also why body armour is in the penultimate rather than last weapon slot. To solve the Golden Gun issue I just used two locations for whatever the special weapon was so they could be separated for the Golden Gun.

To turn body armour off you would just need that weapon slot to be "Nothing", rather than disabled.

Wreck and I corresponded about a year ago. Amongst other things he suggested joining the forum (which I eventually did). It may be that I hadn't managed to articulate the solution to him well enough and he thought I simply had not understood the problem.

I'm pretty sure I understand and that this is the only solution for the problem. It may be that I have made an error in the calculations and it won't work but I'm fairly sure it will. As far as I know it has never been tested.

Below are maps with locations labels (F_ MP Weapon _) that correspond to the presets from my previous message:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/7e7qyt9jsegbzrt/AABtX2KjtagCm_2e-IskBOz3a

Last edited by Dark Reyn on Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:17 am; edited 4 times in total

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 39, 40, 41 ... 62, 63, 64  Next
Page 40 of 64

Jump to: