ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Model Scale

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Carrington's Hacker Central
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pavarini
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:44 pm    Post subject: Model Scale Reply with quote Back to top

Hi

Does anyone know what model scale does in the 39850 menu? In GE it would change the modifier for the vertex points, thus increasing the entire model. But for PD it only affects the animation or something. Would anyone know the details for this?

Thanks.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Is this for prop models? It should be the same as GoldenEye, except for how the value is set. I don't have my notes with me, but there are generally only two values used. GE is 1.0 and 0.1, but PD has something different that equals to those. I wanna say 1000 and 0199, if memory serves me right.

Model scale also works for characters, though can't recall if the 39850 menu supports it. Only the mini-Skedar made use of it. Seems Rare decided to make them even smaller than the model was built at.

Lazlo52
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck wrote:
Model scale also works for characters, though can't recall if the 39850 menu supports it. Only the mini-Skedar made use of it. Seems Rare decided to make them even smaller than the model was built at.

The mini-Skedar? One time I tried messing with their scale and all it did was make them float above the ground. As far as I can tell, it's only used to set all the characters' feet to the ground, while "Height" is for the first-person perspective.

pavarini
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Welcome to the forums Lazlo52. Yes, it does change the clamp point but I am not sure what else. I have not tried changing scale for props, maybe it works differently for props/characters. I was able to exploit the scale value to have very short characters.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

There are two float points used for characters, just like in GoldenEye. One sets their scale, while the other raises / lowers them off the ground. I think the 39850 menu currently only supports one of those values. I found out that the model scale does indeed work for them, but only one character actually used something other than 1.0. It's the mini-Skedar, which Rare must have decided to shrink down even further at some point during development.

pavarini
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This is the difference between scale 1.5 and 0.859155. Carrington does not change size, only the height offset from the ground. Does scale work differently for characters or is this the intended effect?

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

If I'm missing a scale, if you let me know where it is, I can put it in 39850. Seems like I only have height from ground.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'll look tonight and post the info here.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Character & Head Setup Table @ 22F24
Each block is 0x14 sized

0x00: Gender, POV, Random Heights, Neck Alignment, Is or Has Head
0x02: C~Z body or head file ID
0x04: Scale
0x08: Ground Offset
0x0C: Reserved for RAM
0x10: Ghand~Z file ID (if body type)
0x12: Null

I had wondered if we could shorten this list before, to allow additional characters / heads, and realized that scale is actually used. So only the null data could maybe possibly be removed to shorten each block to 0x12. A decent savings over the long run.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Carrington's Hacker Central All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: