ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Goldfinger Reproduction

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Goldfinger 64
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gamma
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:40 pm    Post subject: Goldfinger Reproduction Reply with quote Back to top

What about asking shopflashbackgames to make Goldfinger N64 cartridges? It sure would be cool to have a physical copy of Goldfinger N64.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

There will no doubt be some sellers trying to make a buck off of GF64. Heck, it's happened with GoldenEye X, as well as other fan translations and modifications. But there are problems with selling them, even at your cost to produce them, because the original game engine is owned by somebody else. Never mind that, you also have actor likenesses, as well as musical compositions, which could be an issue.

It might be best for people who really want a physical copy, to either make one yourself (this is becoming easier to do now), or contact someone who knows how to do so. I had made box art and the label, which will probably be released in larger formats soon. It is up to SubDrag if he wants those shared or not.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hopefully at least no one sells them for a while but it's inevitable... I'm sure it will happen, and we just need to make sure it is clear we have no association with that, and do not approve of any sale and all our efforts are just for fun.

I believe you can use retro blaster to make your own. It's pretty cheap and easy, I'm told. I think you need to also buy a cic and burner.
http://retrostage.net/index.php/product/n64-blaster/

zoinkity

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You'd probably want to hold off anyway until a final version is released.

Gamma
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I honestly thought this was gonna be one of those chimeras that get hyped up and then died. I was pleasantly surprised you guys finished this i have an everdrive that I haven't used yet. Can someone walk me through patching the goldeneye rom so that I can play this? I've never patched a rom before with your editor. I tried using the editor but it wasn't compatible with my version of windows. Can someone private message me the patched rom please? Thanks.

killedbyurmom
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You can alternatively use xpatcher lite (you can Google it) its on romhacking.net...basically you just pull the xpatcher program up and the programs just asks for the xdelta file and original file..then it will patch them together

Gamma
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I tried patching with the Delta Patcher and got an error has occurred message with invalid input. Please help.

pavarini
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Download GoldenEye 007 (U) [!].z64
Download XDeltaUI https://files.catbox.moe/immoym.zip
Download GF64 patch
Run XdeltaUI, select the patch, then the GE ROM, then input a filename (such as goldfinger.z64) for the patched ROM.

If you do not use the same endian ROM (the GE ROM ending with n64) then you will need to byteswap, which the editor does automatically for patches.

Gamma
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I tried using 2 programs. Deltapatcher and xDeltaUI. I get error messages in both. I'm not a computer newb so I'm baffled why I can't get the rom to patch.

Delta Patcher says:
Original File: C:\Users\Bob\Desktop\Gold\007 - GoldenEye (USA).n64
xDELTA Patch: C:\Users\Bob\Desktop\Gold\Goldfinger64_1_0.xdelta
Log:
[8:58:08 AM] Original file "007 - GoldenEye (USA).n64" selected.
[8:58:10 AM] Patch file "Goldfinger64_1_0.xdelta" selected.
[8:58:34 AM] Applying patch, please wait... (don't panic!)
[8:58:34 AM] An error has occurred: xdelta3: target window checksum mismatch: XD3_INVALID_INPUT

xDeltaUI Says:
Patch File: C:\Users\Bob\Desktop\Gold\Goldfinger64_1_0.xdelta
Source File: C:\Users\Bob\Desktop\Gold\007 - GoldenEye (USA).n64
Output File: C:\Users\Bob\Desktop\Gold\007 - GoldenEye (USA).n64

Log:
xdelta3: target window checksum mismatch: XD3_INVALID_INPUT

P.S.: If someone can get my patch working, I will troubleshot Goldfinger for glitches and review it. Can someone please just private message me the ROM and upload it to 2shared or something?

pavarini
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You need to byteswap your ROM, or download GoldenEye 007 (U) [!].z64. The patch is created for z64 endian.

Gamma
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks Pavarini it works. But now I gotta figure out how to get the ED64 to work.

AL64inthedark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Also GF64 is such a complicated work as a mod, it is the only game I had trouble with, with ED64. Because of the savefile, you have to force it to save in a specific way I never had to before.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

GoldenEye X was like that at one time, but it became officially supported, so it detects the game ID (NX7E) and sets the save type automatically. Goldfinger 64 also uses a new ID (NGFE), which is why you must set it manually.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Goldfinger 64 All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: