ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Perfect Dark Model Remakes.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Perfect Dark
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fillerthefreak
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 1:11 pm    Post subject: Perfect Dark Model Remakes. Reply with quote Back to top

Like with the GoldenEye models, I decided to do Perfect Dark, due to PD's weapons being more fictional, I can be more open to interpretation, rather than using the models from GE, which are mostly based off real-world weapons.

Here's my rough, test model, the Shotgun, some changes have been made to make it seem less awkward. Due to a large picture, I have a smaller version here, URL below is for a larger render.

http://i.imgur.com/9ZryG0e.jpg

Last edited by Fillerthefreak on Sun Aug 28, 2016 8:01 pm; edited 1 time in total

PaRaDoX

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Man I'd pay to have an irl model of that sitting in my room.

Fillerthefreak
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks, but too bad the only way is if you have a large 3D printer.

Anyhow, the model has been ported to Source! So now I can use normal and phong maps to give it a shinier feel. Might test it out as a model replacement in GE:Source. Since the Model Viewer with the Source SDK isn't the best. Some minor texture issues such as bad texture seams have been removed, as some shading has been added to the cream spot near the handle.

Or I could animate it and port it to something else, depends on how much work I want to put into it.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Pretty slick work. Belongs in a PD: Source mod, for sure. Smile

Fillerthefreak
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks, Wreck!

Perfect Dark Source was a thing, but it didn't really kick off. Simply because there wasn't really enough content to start off with. It also never really updated. As a result, it used a dated version of Source that pretty much became outdated.

MRKane

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ok - I love how that's designed! It looks like the kind of firearm you'd pickup and say "this is a good one!" AND it looks AWESOME!

Fillerthefreak
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks, might try to animate it and make a lower detail model, soon.

I got it working as a skin for the Shotgun on GE:Source. Sorry for the low detail graphics/screenshot size, running it on a laptop. Model also looks oddly placed since I rigged it a tad too high.

pavarini
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It's pretty good, I like it more compared to the XBLA model. If I had to give a few tips I'd say try to make the cream spot near the handle flat instead of curved like a pipe. The colors are a bit off as well, the blue color is too strong and the chrome parts are too white.

Looking forward to seeing it animated, great job.

Fillerthefreak
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I made that area around there cream, I also made the handle plastic, since both stood out a bit better, or looks more consistent. I'll fix the hue issues.

I also noticed a triangle-like detail I forgot on that section, now. Will be added.

Fillerthefreak
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Idle animation, hand models are from PD:Source, since they fit pretty well. Sorry for the small size, the Source model viewer fits to screen without the ability to change the display res, half the screen is also cut for viewing model settings, too. And I said earlier, on a laptop. The looping isn't right since I didn't know where the animation started or ended when I had to cut the play and pause from the looping.

Dunno why I put the little hop, but I thought it would look pretty cool. Will look horrible and jarring when switching to animations.

I might just remove it if needed for other animations to look right.

Fillerthefreak
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Finalized animations. Found out source has the ability to do smooth transitions between animations. So even the little hop on the idle animation won't do much to make it jerky.

Fillerthefreak
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sniper model revamp. This took quite awhile to make, as it was a rather complex model.

Fillerthefreak
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Trying out animation, came out pretty bad.

Fillerthefreak
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Forgot I made this.

RCP-120 WIP.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Perfect Dark All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: