ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

If you could make a Bond Game
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> James Bond Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Either Tomorrow Never Dies as a first-person shooter, or a compilation of films mashed into one (similar to 007 Legends, but not a modernized update with Daniel Craig).

Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Any Bond film could make a good game, if you're willing to only put parts of the film into the game, and make up or embellish other parts of the game. But a game with an entirely made-up, non-film related plot can work just as well, of course, as long as it's done well.

Wreck wrote:
Either Tomorrow Never Dies as a first-person shooter, or a compilation of films mashed into one (similar to 007 Legends, but not a modernized update with Daniel Craig).

I never played 007 Legends, as everyone says it's terrible. Is it really that bad?

killedbyurmom
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I agree about TWINE.. Not a bad game. I would just love a patch released that takes away all the silly restrictions (good guys can't fight good guys on multi, etc)

Trevor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

While I too would love TWINE on the PD engine, there are some TWINE engine specific stuff that would need to be either altered or patched into PD to work. (grapple for example)

Jumps are made part of TWINE but are not I believe essential to a FPS.

The ski scene is custom to TWINE - Just thought of a PD work-around, use an invisible "elevator" like used in airbase. using only 1 stan tile bond would be locked in place while the elevator goes down the map.
If elevators can only move in straight lines, add "stop points" with obvious "start gates" to go down the slope more - subtle things like a small hill to stop on with a picket fence and again a narrow stan system to the next "slope".

Trev

Maxout

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I know this topic is old. If anyone wants a reminder I can post it. My answer relates to F.U.L.L.

A James Bond movie that breaks as many F.U.L.L rules as possible. The game would still be fun and enjoyable. I don't think some of it fits into James Bond kind of stories but we can try.

http://www.youtube.com/Greatermaxim

CrashOveride
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Kode-Z wrote:
I would love to see TWINE remade - would be interesting to use Eurocom's levels, and buid around it with the PD engine.

If I had to choose an older Bond film, I think that The Living Daylights would be an interesting choice!

Just you wait ;*)
Very Happy

Maxout

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Any game Bond or otherwise can work with things like heart, dedication, determination, and creativity. I suppose the last thing to do is make the person part of the game. Hence why newer Smashes have Miis now.

http://www.youtube.com/Greatermaxim

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> James Bond Games All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: