ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

FORUM MOVING TO NEW SERVER FIRST WEEK NOV 2017

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Website & Message Board Comments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GE MASTER
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:29 am    Post subject: FORUM MOVING TO NEW SERVER FIRST WEEK NOV 2017 Reply with quote Back to top

Hello everyone! Just a note here that I'm having to move the forum to a new server (again). I had to do this last year unfortunately, and it needs to be done once more. Long story, but I can't support the current host and moving is part of the deal. I will put the forum in maintenance mode during the move so no posts will be lost during the shuffle. Sigs and the FTP usage will need to get changed, but I hope that move doesn't cause too many hiccups. Thanks everyone for being part of the forum and community! I wish I was more frequent, believe me!

Last edited by GE MASTER on Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:02 pm; edited 1 time in total

MRKane

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks so much for your hard work and upkeep! This community wouldn't "be" if not for your forum!

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

No worries. Just make sure to e-mail me with the new FTP info, and once I can confirm it working, will pass it on to others who make use of it. I had issues for a little bit during the previous switch, but managed to work it out.

Definitely try to pop in more often, even just to say hello. Smile

acceptable67

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Nice to see you pop in Mr. Master!

GE MASTER
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Much appreciated everyone! Will do Wreck on the FTP. That part had me a bit nervous because it wasn't smooth sailing last time. I'll refer to our previous emails to make sure there are no issues. And yes, I hear you about popping in here more often! I have created an unmanageable mountain of projects which I have been scaling back over the past number of months. I hope at that point when I get things under control, I can spend time on what really matters...and that's GoldenEye! Thanks for everyone's effort and contributions to the forum and site.

GE MASTER
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 1:30 pm    Post subject: Update Reply with quote Back to top

I'm getting ready to do this move today. Maybe later tonight but I will ensure nobody in on the forum at the time and will put the forum into maintenance mode as well.

Regarding FTP for those that use it. Please don't upload anything for the time being. I've downloaded the current contents and have uploaded to the new server. I will update here when the FTP is good to go again.

Thanks everyone for your patience and understanding!

GE MASTER
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Test: if this posts, then perhaps the move was smooth....

GE MASTER
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Forum is now on the new server. I hope that no issues come of this. If any, please let me know. Thanks!

I have updated FTP info for those that utilize that aspect of the site. There were only a few members with access and PM me and I'll help you out.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

So far, I wouldn't have even known it already took place. I won't be able to personally test the FTP until around mid-November, but hopefully someone like SubDrag can give it a try in the meantime.

As always, thanks for keeping the lights on around here! Smile

The Extremist

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Our hero! Cool

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Website & Message Board Comments All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: