ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Dam Agent: 52

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye 007
View previous topic :: View next topic  
connery as bond
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 1:19 pm    Post subject: Dam Agent: 52 Reply with quote Back to top

Haven't seen anyone post this yet on here so I figured I would make a topic. The record for Dam on Agent has been :53 for fifteen years with 128 people having tied for it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BChZORabks&t=102s

Quoted from YouTube...
"0:53 was first achieved by Bryan Bosshardt in September 2002. When Karl achieved 0:52, 128 people had 53 as a world record (was the most common Goldeneye world record). Dam Agent 0:52 was thought to be impossible by the community for over 15 years."
- Mt. Hochkonig
- TBA

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It's pretty awesome to see people continuing to find ways to improve their times. Even times that are thought to be the best you can possibly get are being topped. GoldenEye just has that way to push players to try harder and exploit glitches or learn more of the inner workings to knock down even half a second. It's really amazing.

AL64inthedark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Same as Wreck, but while I enjoy the speedrunning scene, I don't have a clue how those people can manage to spend so many time "using" the game like that.
I mean, it's hundreds of tries where you look at the floor and hope for the best.
I'm not saying in anyway that there's no skill involved, just that it's closer to working than having fun to me. And the excitement of achieving a record probably don't last that long.

But it's good in the way that it keeps GE and PD alive as much as the modding community do. I see speedrunners as people sacrificing their life for that. Glad I'm not one of them lol

Johnny Thunder
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Dam in 52 seconds? the universe explodes...

Visit my youtube channel:
Johnny Thunder: The Revenger

Visit My discord:
Afterwards Studios

Maxout

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

To be a critic there's harder tasks than this. You can wait years to come out with a time like this or complete a DLTK level instead. Once you beat the level I believe you should make it more challenging.

There's others ways of doing that than being fast at it. By fighting stronger enemies you know how good the weapon is and to fend something off.

I suppose running through the level proves you can't be caught but it doesn't demonstrate knowledge of combat. Both situations of combat and covertness have their advantages and disadvantages.

It's probably better to find stronger enemies in the end because that's less often done than running away.

I might not be the most qualified person but I still have to say something.

http://www.youtube.com/Greatermaxim

The Renegadist
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Nothing can touch Streets 1:12.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye 007 All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: