ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Models for GoldenEye now at the Vault...
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 9:28 pm    Post subject: Models for GoldenEye now at the Vault... Reply with quote Back to top

I had recently discussed with SubDrag the possibility of coming up with a feature in the Editor to allow the import and export of different models. Not just the model itself, which has been possible for quite a long time, but to include all important and necessary data that it would require to be instantly usable for other people. Since these models need various pieces of information (types, images, scale, draw distance, etc) to be updated in the 21990 file, and that can be both confusing and time consuming, especially for lesser experienced users. This new template system takes care of nearly everything for you.

Where can you find these shared model templates?
http://goldeneyevault.com/files.php?mode=17

Tutorial video by Graslu...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVO6mWlGs2o

Make sure you have an up-to-date version of the Editor, or else this option may not be included inside the Model Editor menu.

Instructions on how to import objects and guns are already listed in the readme files that are bundled with the zip. Characters are no different, and require you only select the "Character" type from the Model Editor, then the character you wish to replace, click the Edit button, followed by "Import Model as Template", choose your model template, select a ROM to save as (if it uses textures not in your ROM), then press the "Inject into ROM and Update" button to save it into your ROM. It will be ready to use from that point on, with no other work involved.

For any guns, gadgets or items (G_Z) you import, you must remember that there are only a few things you will need to update on your own in the Game Configuration menu under the Weapons page. One is the sound effect used. If it needs one, you can select it from the list. Should the sound be custom made, it should come packed in the zip, with instructions on how to import it. Also, the text entries. You may need to update these, as custom text might be required for it. However, the "25 Rename" object type in the setup file is another way to give new names to these models, and also let you pick what model to show inside your watch inventory.

To start us off, I have ported a batch of props from Perfect Dark. These ones should fit in with GoldenEye pretty well. Some went unused in PD, but were leftover in the ROM. A few of those also had textures that were embedded in the model originally, but were either stripped out for use, or an identical version within the image bank found as a replacement. Hopefully I updated the display lists correctly, as I did not have time to extensively test them, such as on console. Most of these models also required enlarging, as GoldenEye works best if breakable objects are at 0.1 scale (which ended up being tiny at their original size). Remember you can size them in your setup to your liking.

Also, I converted a couple of GoldenEye props into versions you can see in your watch inventory. So if you want them as collectible items in a mission, these will make them seem more official. The BAFTA award prop from PD has also been given this treatment.

If you have any suggestions or requests, please feel free to ask. Things can be ported from PD, and there are talented artists here who may be able to share their own original work in the future. This is just the beginning, and I hope we can build a great model repository to help people create fantastic new missions.

Last edited by Wreck on Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:38 pm; edited 1 time in total

AL64inthedark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Great feature Subdrag and Wreck. Everything that helps us share and create content faster is welcome. I love this community, so very active and effective <3.

00action
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This is a very cool idea, how about having all 4 classic bonds and joanna availiable for quick insertion.
https://www.twitch.tv/00action

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Johnny Thunder has added two props; a bed, and a car.

I've also added four models; a blue peaked officer cap, leather briefcase, and two new variations of camouflage suits.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Graslu has put together a tutorial video for importing model templates. I've linked it in the first post, but here it is again...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVO6mWlGs2o

MRKane

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Man that sounds like a smart solution! I might finally get around to making that Western themed N64 game after all!

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I came up with an idea for a set of objects last night, so we'll see if I can't have them ready for the Vault within the next few days. I think they'll be useful, as it's a theme that could fit into most levels.

Edit: I started the initial work on this, and things are going well thus far.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

My sets of objects are nearly finished. I have one more thing to make into a prop model for testing, some possible tweaks to things that are otherwise done, and I want to make a couple variations of one thing so it can fit into different levels better aesthetically. Should not be long now before I can release them.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Should be on track to having these off to SubDrag possibly for tomorrow release. Even though these particular objects really shouldn't be destroyed, I will still rescale them so that they will break in a cleaner manner. Leaving them as 1.0 causes major distortion.

I am also updating the containment door (Psev_doorZ), since the glass is the beta placeholder style. Now it will feature proper, environment mapped glass, which could be shot out (unless you set the object as invincible). The bottom will be drawn, so should you want it to rise up vertically, you won't see a gap there.

connery as bond
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck wrote:
I am also updating the containment door (Psev_doorZ), since the glass is the beta placeholder style. Now it will feature proper, environment mapped glass, which could be shot out (unless you set the object as invincible). The bottom will be drawn, so should you want it to rise up vertically, you won't see a gap there.

I was in the process of attempting to do the same but I wasn't able to get it working properly. I've had the same issue with the frigate engine. I was trying to add an additional wall so the one side isn't open but the closest I got had the wall constantly being drawn over walls/doors, etc.
- Mt. Hochkonig
- TBA

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I might be able to help with that. It's the one end, which bunks up against the wall in the engine room? You'd just want that "filled in" so you can view it from that side without the hole?

connery as bond
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yep, exactly. I tried cloning one of the same sized walls and moving it to the correct position but I couldn't figure out why the new wall wasn't drawing properly. I assume I'd just have to make the triangles draw from the other side but it appears to be a little more trickier than that.
- Mt. Hochkonig
- TBA

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'll try looking at that tonight. If / when I do get it updated, I will e-mail you the replacement file.

I've sent all my newest model templates to SubDrag, so they should be appearing on the Vault this week. I feel they'll be useful, and will lend even more customization to missions. You'll just have to wait to see what everything is! Razz

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

They're up on Vault now! If you run into any issues with them, let me know. Make sure to read the details. I have found a few other fun things I'd like to make into props, so I may be submitting some more this week.

CrashOveride
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I have ported MANY TWINE weapons over the last month, but due to laziness to port the worldmodels have neglected to submit.
Here are a few that are mostly finished:

Ingalls Type 20

Meyer TMP (yes i see the drawing issues at front)

MP5-type gun I cannot remember the name of

RL22 (i think?)

SPAS-12 type gun I also can't remember name of
More coming soon!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: