ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Mini Racers Translation

View previous topic :: View next topic  
manfried75
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:30 am    Post subject: Mini Racers Translation Reply with quote Back to top

Hi,

I am new here so hello to everyone !

Recently I've decided to translate the Mini Racers Prototype, into French first and then I'll do it in English too (I believe it has not been made yet and lot a stuff are in japanese). But I am quite perfectionist and I have two main concerns :

- There is a bug in the options menu for the two first options: "clear time attack records" and "clear grand prix records". As you can see below, the menu is glitchy, it seems to me that it refers to a wrong adress to find the menu image :

- I searched using N64Gfx twice but I could not find the image "empty" for the load / save game menu, while I think I found pretty much all the other images :

I would like to get a perfect ROM once translated, so I want to fix the bug and find the missing image. I thought maybe one of you would have an idea on where to look at ? The gedecompress tools does not work with this ROM, but as zoinkity fixed the track #27 I guess there must be somehow a way to decompress it ?

Any help would be highly appreciated Very Happy

For instance, here are some screenshots of the already translated ROM :

Thanks a lot.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I don't see any evidence of compression - everything looks raw in the ROM from a quick scan. Maybe Zoinkity knows where the image is, give him a pm or email.

manfried75
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hi SubdDag,

Thanks for the answer. Well the image might be somewhere and I missed it, for sure. Still, there is that options menu issue which is quite different as the image shown for "clear time attack records" and "clear grand prix records" is half of the good image but starting on a wrong column so it's not viewable and half of the image for "clear all game data".
Quote:
"Caution !
o you want to
clear all the"

is for "clear all game data", not for the two above. So it seems to me that the game loads a wrong adress for this menu.

Trevor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

oh wow, I never realised it had a track editor haha.

I really like this game, it looks, sounds and plays good.

Trev

manfried75
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

@SubDrag: I found my "empty" text, in was just plain text that I found using hexa editor. Do you have any idea how I could read the code to fix the menu which is glitchy?

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Not trivial I'm afraid. Because it doesn't exist, it's a matter of stashing in rom, loading into ram, and having menu point to it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Game-On! All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: